2079Re: [kerncobirding] Empidonax sp. at Truxtun Lake in Bakersfield 12/31/07

  • yakimapark@aol.com
    Jan 1, 2008
      Is it an OK question to ask those of you who are taking bird pics- what
      kinds of cameras are you using? Even with a telephoto, my birds turn out to be
      "dots"! or- on the digital cameras- have moved- and either are gone or make
      things blurry by the time the shutter clicks. Just curious. Thanks- marcia

      In a message dated 1/1/2008 12:12:35 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      kbgoldennugget2@... writes:

      Yesterday, Monday, 12/31/07, we saw an Empidonax sp. at Truxtun
      Lake in Bakersfield at 2:40PM. Ken took photos of this bird, and we
      have placed four photos of this bird into the kerncobirding photo
      section in the Miscellaneous Album.

      While we were observing this bird, we could see that the lower
      mandible was completely orange. This bird went to the ground one time
      to feed. It was very active and frequently flicked its wings. It did
      not call.

      Happy New Year,

      Marcia H. Wolfe

      MH Wolfe and Associates