1393Black-and-white Warbler at Galileo Hill on eastern Kern Desert 9/7/05

    Sep 7, 2005
      Today, Wednesday, 9/7/05, we saw a female Black-and-white Warbler on the
      raised area just east of the petting zoo at Galileo Hill. We saw a Wilson's
      Snipe in the pond located directly south of the restrooms in the area of the
      Pavilion. We saw one Solitary Sandpiper in the weeds next to the pond south of
      the archery range. Other birds seen at Galileo Hill were the following: Yellow
      Warblers, Common Yellowthroat, Orange-crowned Warbler, Wilson's Warblers,
      Spotted Sandpipers-2, Olive-sided Flycatcher, one female Western Tanager,
      Black-headed Grosbeaks, Belted Kingfisher-female, and Chukars.
      This evening we will place a photo of the female Black-and-white Warbler
      seen today into the kerncobirding photo section.
      The Tundra Swan continues at California City Central Park.