1015Birding Piute Meadows

  • Ali
    Aug 4 8:51 PM
      A banner day for warblers and vireos was had this morning at Woolstaff
      Meadow and Mack Meadow in the Piutes.

      As part of a forest service project, I have been birding the Piute Mountain
      meadows. This morning was pretty exceptional and I saw briefly what looked
      like a Blackpoll Warbler, but it moved so quickly I couldn't get another
      look to confirm.

      I saw 8 species of warbler, Orange-crowned, Wilson's, Hermit, Yellow-rumped,
      MacGillivray's, Nashville, Townsend's, and Black-throated Gray. Four species
      of vireo, Cassin's, Hutton's, Warbling, and RED-EYED.

      All told I had 43 species at Woolstaff Meadow alone, not bad for a quiet
      sagebrush meadow. Most of the activity was along the creek just below the
      meadow.

      Ali
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic