Managu and an excellent web site

  • Isabelle Prondzynski
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2013
      Dear Otax san, dear all,

      First of all, thank you for the competition entry -- but please in future send these to my personal address (prondis@...), as requested, since competition entries may not be discussed in a forum until after the competition is over. Comments are very welcome on the selected haiku, after the results are known.

      Secondly, you raise an interesting vegetable, managu. I have never yet cooked this, but am sure that I have eaten it many times.

      I looked it up on the internet, and found this fascinating page :

      http://www.infonet-biovision.org/default/ct/142/crops

      This is the page devoted to managu, but if you look along the left hand side of the page, you will see links to many of the other fruit and vegetables (and indeed even animals) we have been discussing. Gabi sensei, this might be a link to put somewhere on a general Kenya Saijiki page so that we can find it again! A quick look at the owners and sponsors of the site make me think that it should be reputable.

      All good wishes for the haiku writing,

      Isabelle.

      On 2 July 2013 12:10, Otax Mzito <otaxmzito@...> wrote:

      dear madam dear all i am happy to send in my haiku about vegetables hope you will enjoy reading it

      school kitchen--
      aroma from cooking managu
      kisses my nose

      managu is a type of vegetable commonly found in western and central Kenya

    • Greve Gabi
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2013
        Thanks a lot for introducing a new vegetable and a rich resource about Kenya.
        I added the link here
        http://kenyasaijiki.blogspot.jp/2006/12/getting-to-know-kenya.html

        and the managu in the ABC index of topics.

        Greetings from the rainy season of Japan
        Gabi