August competition AUGUST MOON -- the results

  • Isabelle Prondzynski
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2010
      Dear Kenya haijin and friends,

      Another competition is over -- congratulations to all who
      participated, despite the holidays and despite there being so much
      else to do! Well done.

      And our highest placed haiku is from a mystery entrant -- as I did not
      have a name, only a haiku club, I named the person "Bamboocha"! Now
      who might that be...? It's a beautiful haiku, very visual and with
      lots of thoughts arising.

      Well done also to Winslause Yamame, Isaac Ndirangu, Patrick Wafula,
      Catherine Njeri Maina and Anthony Mwangi. It is great to see you here,
      participating in this international competition!

      The next theme will come soon, and I look forward to reading more of
      your haiku and the scenes of your daily lives.

      Enjoy reading the haiku,

      Isabelle.

      ---------------------------------------
      6 points
      ---------------------------------------
      Ramadan -
      she washes her feet under
      August moonlight
      ~ Bamboocha

      ---------------------------------------
      4 points
      ---------------------------------------
      dark room -
      spots of August moon
      fall on the floor

      ~ Winslause Yamame

      ---------------------------------------
      2 points
      ---------------------------------------
      sailing clouds -
      the August half moon
      shines brighter

      ~ Isaac Ndirangu

      young August moon -
      the Ramadan timetable
      in the dailies

      ~ Patrick Wafula

      ---------------------------------------
      Other selected haiku
      ---------------------------------------

      faint memories
      of the day's cool hours -
      August moon

      ~ Catherine Njeri Maina

      peaceful night -
      two stars twinkling around
      the August moon

      ~ Antony Mwangi
    • Greve Gabi
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2010
        Well done, well done !
        Thanks to all who participated and congratulations to all with the
        good points !!

        Greetings from a hot morning in Japan.
        Gabi

      • H. Gene Murtha
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2010
          Thank you very much for the enjoyable read folks!

          all my best,

          cicada. . .
          the things they call
          white sound

          note: white sound or white noise are pleasent or welcomed
          sounds. Cicadas are concidered a white sound, but since their
          trill can be so loud and high, I was questioning this.

          Gene
          H. Gene Murtha