Catherine's collection

  • Isabelle Prondzynski
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2010
      Dear Catherine san, dear all,

      Catherine, you have given us great pleasure with your haiku
      collection! I am so pleased that we are getting haiku from various
      parts of Kenya now, and from various situations too. You are a great
      asset to Kenya Saijiki, and it is wonderful that you continue to
      observe and write, even though you do not often get the chance to
      communicate and share with us.

      Well done! Keep it up!

      I also appreciate your remarks about thanking God and counting our
      blessings. Good health is so important, and once we have problems
      there, other things become so insignificant... I am sure you are a
      wonderful support to your patients.

      rainy morning---
      the mower ensures
      I raise my voice

      Good observation! Was he mowing during the rain or after the rain?
      Those mowing machines do not work very well when the grass is wet...
      If it was after the rain, you could replace line 1 with "after the
      rain"...

      chilling season---
      two more with pneumonia
      in pediatric

      A chilling haiku. Well written! We may find that some illnesses are
      kigo too. Perhaps pneumonia could be a kigo for the rainy seasons?

      preps time---
      the cough has gained
      rhythmic pattern

      You will have noted Gabi sensei's comment here. Good haiku!

      rain---
      a street boy washes hands
      in a puddle

      I really like that picture. Perhaps you can find some more
      ionformation for the first line. There would be no puddle without
      rain, so you may use that line for something more which you want to
      tell your readers.

      repairing a bike ---
      the street boy washes his hands
      in a puddle

      or

      garbage dump --
      the street boy washes hands
      in a puddle

      Thank you again, and looking forward to your next collection.

      Keep well and healthy yourself, dear Catherine!

      Isabelle.