Blood and Ivory (Don't worry, no spoilers yet)

  • Hedera
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2002
      Any chance we have enough people to start talking (with plenty of
      spoiler space)? I finally got a chance to read last night...and
      desperately want to talk (I even made my poor roommate read it so I
      could babble at him). Let me know what you guys think.

      -Hedera
    • Tony Zbaraschuk
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2002
        On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 07:31:53PM -0000, Hedera wrote:
        > Any chance we have enough people to start talking (with plenty of
        > spoiler space)? I finally got a chance to read last night...and
        > desperately want to talk (I even made my poor roommate read it so I
        > could babble at him). Let me know what you guys think.

        Bring on the talk!

        Tony Z

        --
        The real danger of lying to kids is not that they'll find out you
        lied and stop trusting you; it's that they'll believe the lies and
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2002
          In article <20021002132923.A9547@...>,
          Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz@...> wrote:
          > On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 07:31:53PM -0000, Hedera wrote:
          > > Any chance we have enough people to start talking (with plenty of
          > > spoiler space)? I finally got a chance to read last night...and
          > > desperately want to talk (I even made my poor roommate read it so I
          > > could babble at him). Let me know what you guys think.

          > Bring on the talk!

          > Tony Z

          Have some sympathy for those of us outside the USA - could you wait a
          bit or limit discussion to stories appearing in both editions.

          --
          Steve Clark <sjclark@...>
          The Kencyr webpage http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/sjclark/kencyr.htm
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2002
            Well, waiting would give me time to form my thoughts coherently, at
            the least. Steve, are there different stories in an international
            Meisha Merlin edition of Blood and Ivory, or are you referring to the
            Hypatia Press edition of Blood and Ivory? I don't remember... was it
            Stranger Blood, A Matter of Honor and Bones in that edition?
            BTW, Hedera-- If you and Corlin have both read it, either pass the
            book on to Per and Jen, or give it back to me. You could even include
            comments, if ya want.

            Kat

            --- In kencyr@y..., Steve Clark <sjclark@a...> wrote:
            > In article <20021002132923.A9547@e...>,
            > Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz@e...> wrote:
            > > On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 07:31:53PM -0000, Hedera wrote:
            > > > Any chance we have enough people to start talking (with plenty of
            > > > spoiler space)? I finally got a chance to read last night...and
            > > > desperately want to talk (I even made my poor roommate read it so I
            > > > could babble at him). Let me know what you guys think.
            >
            > > Bring on the talk!
            >

            > > Tony Z
            >
            > Have some sympathy for those of us outside the USA - could you wait a
            > bit or limit discussion to stories appearing in both editions.
            >
            > --
            > Steve Clark <sjclark@a...>
            > The Kencyr webpage
            http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/sjclark/kencyr.htm
            > is looking out for artwork and fanfiction based on the Kencyr
            stories.
          • Damien Sullivan
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2002
              On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 02:37:06AM -0000, Katherine wrote:

              > Hypatia Press edition of Blood and Ivory? I don't remember... was it
              > Stranger Blood, A Matter of Honor and Bones in that edition?

              And Child of Darkness.

              -xx- Damien X-)
            • Steve Clark
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 2, 2002
                In article <angagi+3s17@...>,
                Katherine <katharriet@...> wrote:
                > Well, waiting would give me time to form my thoughts coherently, at
                > the least. Steve, are there different stories in an international
                > Meisha Merlin edition of Blood and Ivory, or are you referring to the
                > Hypatia Press edition of Blood and Ivory? I don't remember... was it
                > Stranger Blood, A Matter of Honor and Bones in that edition?
                > BTW, Hedera-- If you and Corlin have both read it, either pass the
                > book on to Per and Jen, or give it back to me. You could even include
                > comments, if ya want.

                > Kat

                > --- In kencyr@y..., Steve Clark <sjclark@a...> wrote:
                > > In article <20021002132923.A9547@e...>,
                > > Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz@e...> wrote:
                > >
                > > > Bring on the talk!
                > >

                > > > Tony Z
                > >
                > > Have some sympathy for those of us outside the USA - could you wait a
                > > bit or limit discussion to stories appearing in both editions.
                > >
                > > --

                [Snip]

                I have the Hypatia edition and I suspect there are not a lot of those
                outside the US. I'm waiting for the HB Meisha edition - does anyone know
                if they have been sent out yet?

                Remember "Bones" was included in "Dark of the Moon" and "Ballad of the
                White Plague" was published elsewhere. I think you could safely start
                with those if you really wanted to.

                Can I ask though could people try to avoid top-posting during discussions
                as it makes it very difficult to follow complex arguments (and simple
                arguments for that matter).

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 3, 2002
                  On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 05:36:07AM +0100, Steve Clark wrote:

                  > Remember "Bones" was included in "Dark of the Moon" and "Ballad of the

                  Not in my DotMs. Do you mean Dark of the Gods?

                  -xx- Damien X-)
                • Steve Clark
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 3, 2002
                    In article <20021004010053.GA9029@...>,
                    Damien Sullivan <phoenix@...> wrote:
                    > On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 05:36:07AM +0100, Steve Clark wrote:

                    > > Remember "Bones" was included in "Dark of the Moon" and "Ballad of the

                    > Not in my DotMs. Do you mean Dark of the Gods?

                    > -xx- Damien X-)

                    yes.

                    That's what happens if you don't check your references.