time line

  • taliesan2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2002
      I've been trying to put together a time-line for the novels, which is damn hard, given all the scattered
      clues/dates. Does anyone see anything too egregiously wrong with the following? Dates in parentheses
      are tentative. Possible ages follow names.

      (1000) Riverland ceded to the Kencyrath
      (2911) Gerraint (Ganth's father) born
      (2960) Greshan (Ganth's brother)born
      (2963) Ganth born
      (2980) Tieri (Ganth's sister) born/ mother Telarien dies
      (2980) Ganth drops out of Tentir
      (2981) Ganth 18
      Tieri 1 Greshan killed at Tentir. Gerridon contracts for Tieri. Kenan is conceived, the son of (?) and
      Rawneth. Gerraint dies. Ganth becomes highlord, under a High Council regency until he comes of age
      (2982) Kenan (future Lord Randir) born
      (2990) Ganth becomes Highlord
      (2993) Randir lord dies/Randir Lordan driven out.
      2993 Tieri 13 Massacre of Knorth women, the White Hills, Ganth into exile in Haunted Lands
      (2994) Ganth contracts with Gerridon for DW
      2997 Tori and Jame born in HL
      3004 Jame 7 Jame driven into PD/ Kindrie conceived at Gothregor
      (3005) Tieri 25 Kindrie born/ Tieri dies
      3012 Tori-15 Tori leaves HL, joins Southern Host
      Jame escapes from PD
      3024 Tori-27 Ganth slain in HL by Keral looking for Jame/ Tori becomes HL
      3025 Jame at Tai-Tastigon/ God Stalk
      3026 Jame on road looking for Tori /Dark of the Moon
      3027 Jame in flight from Goth./ weirdingstrom Seeker's Mask
      3027 Jame at Tentir/ Tori = 30; Kindrie =22; Jame = ? (hard to tell because of her time in PD. 19? 20
    • Steve Clark
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2002
        On 06 Feb, taliesan2002 <taliesan2002@...> wrote:
        > I've been trying to put together a time-line for the novels, which is >damn hard, given all the scattered
        > clues/dates. Does anyone see anything too egregiously wrong with the >following? Dates in parentheses
        > are tentative. Possible ages follow names.

        > (1000) Riverland ceded to the Kencyrath
        > (2911) Gerraint (Ganth's father) born
        > (2960) Greshan (Ganth's brother)born
        > (2963) Ganth born
        > (2980) Tieri (Ganth's sister) born/ mother Telarien dies
        > (2980) Ganth drops out of Tentir
        > (2981) Ganth 18
        > Tieri 1 Greshan killed at Tentir. Gerridon contracts for Tieri. Kenan > is conceived, the son of (?) and
        > Rawneth. Gerraint dies. Ganth becomes highlord, under a High Council
        > regency until he comes of age
        > (2982) Kenan (future Lord Randir) born
        > (2990) Ganth becomes Highlord
        > (2993) Randir lord dies/Randir Lordan driven out.
        > 2993 Tieri 13 Massacre of Knorth women, the White Hills, Ganth into
        > exile in Haunted Lands
        > (2994) Ganth contracts with Gerridon for DW
        > 2997 Tori and Jame born in HL
        > 3004 Jame 7 Jame driven into PD/ Kindrie conceived at Gothregor
        > (3005) Tieri 25 Kindrie born/ Tieri dies
        > 3012 Tori-15 Tori leaves HL, joins Southern Host
        > Jame escapes from PD
        > 3024 Tori-27 Ganth slain in HL by Keral looking for Jame/ Tori becomes HL
        > 3025 Jame at Tai-Tastigon/ God Stalk
        > 3026 Jame on road looking for Tori /Dark of the Moon
        > 3027 Jame in flight from Goth./ weirdingstrom Seeker's Mask
        > 3027 Jame at Tentir/ Tori = 30; Kindrie =22; Jame = ? (hard to tell
        > because of her time in PD. 19? 20

        You may want to check ealier threads (both July 2001) :

        Spoiler Bloodlines/Blood feud - by jinx (and others)
        Digest Number 188 - by Damien Sullivan

        --
        Steve Clark <sjclark@...>
        The Kencyr webpage http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/sjclark/kencyr.htm