Child of Darkness

  • ecolwell@alltel.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2001
      Can someone tell me what Child of Darkness is about? It's the only
      one I haven't read yet, and the price I see for it on Advanced Book
      Exchange puts it out of my reach. I've been a fan of P. C. Hodgell
      since I got God Stalk from the Science Fiction Book Club many years
      ago. Then I got Dark of the Moon and have been wondering ever since
      if there was a third in the series. I was then very suprised and
      pleased to find that the Science Fiction Book Club was offering
      Seeker's Mask. I ordered a copy and enjoyed it greatly. Then even
      though I have copies of God Stalk and Dark of the Moon, I ordered
      Dark of the Gods to get the extra short story, and to help boost
      sales.

      Looking forward to discussing these wonderful stories with all of you.

      Redcorgipal
    • David Brukman
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2001
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2001
          +++++++
          ++++++
          +++++
          ++++
          +++
          ++
          +
          +++++++
          ++++++
          +++++
          ++++
          +++
          ++
          +
          +
          +
          +
          +
          +
          +

          > Some have speculated that the story takes place during
          > Jame's sojourn in the Master's House, when she wondered
          > through the realities and times warped and connected by
          > Perimal's shadows, with the story taking place in the far
          > future of our Earth, when Perimal reaches it.
          > Jame's subsequent memory loss hid the events of this story.

          What collections have this story? Even it if isn't canon, it would
          still be fun to read. Is it likely that Hodgell will have this story
          in one of the future novels, as a bonus story...?
        • David Brukman
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2001
            From: <Rena_McGee@...>
            > What anthologies/collections have this story? Even if it isn't canon,
            > I'd still like to read it...:> Is Hodgell likely to include this story
            > in any of her future books as a bonus story?
            Hmm, I don't know. I've read it in a Chapbook from Hypatia,
            (a.k.a. Alan Newcomer) who are no longer in operation.
            According to the Locus SF Index, it was also in Hypatia's
            _Blood and Ivory_ collection (19894, as well as in
            _The Berkely Showcase Volume 2_ (1980).

            I haven't heard of any plans by MM to publish it.
            Although I haven't asked either Pat or Stephen about it.