Re: [kencyr] Godstalk graphic novel & FB group

  • Amy Harlib
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 17, 2013
      aharlib@...
      Frankly, I'd rather see an original Kencyr story told in sequential art
      narrative form.

      Godstalk is a great novel as it is.

      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 18, 2013
        I've often thought that Pat's very visual imagination is perfect for the
        graphic novel format, or indeed imagination, and I believe she's written
        before about being a heavy comic-book fan in her younger years. In many
        respects, Jame reads as a superhero, of the darker kind obviously.

        There are so many visual set pieces in the novels that would make
        incredibly dramatic scenes.

        On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:06 AM, Amy Harlib <aharlib@...> wrote:

        > aharlib@...
        > Frankly, I'd rather see an original Kencyr story told in sequential art
        > narrative form.
        >
        > Godstalk is a great novel as it is.

      • jens2018
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 23, 2013
          Hi,
          I'm sorry I'm answering this so late, I don't think I answered you before. I posted some concept sketches on here, will give you a feeling of my style. As for the detail of the work, I want it as detailed as the scenes in Neverwhere:
          http://www.amazon.com/Neil-Gaimans-Neverwhere-Mike-Carey/dp/1401210074/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372012757&sr=8-1&keywords=neverwhere+comic

          and as moody as The Killing Joke:
          http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Killing-Joke-Deluxe-Edition/dp/1401216676/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372012781&sr=8-1&keywords=the+killing+joke.

          However, my style is different from theirs, I'm still seeing what it will bring as I'm getting a hang of the inking brush.... It might be scanned pencils, which would give it a completely diff feel (don't have a comic to share with you for that style), as the blacks & lines would not be as dramatic. I'm almost to the point of inking a page to play with it.

          Hope that all helps?

          Jen

          --- In kencyr@yahoogroups.com, Adam <soyleon17@...> wrote:

          > Agreed. Please make sure to include a link when it's time. I apologize if this is too forward, but do you have any links to existing work that shares the same artistic style by chance? My mind is already running amok with possible images, and I'd like put some form to it so to speak.
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On Apr 16, 2013, at 7:16 PM, Dan Pierson <dan@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Also interested and very likely to back you on Kickstarter.
          > >
          > > On 4/16/2013 2:34 PM, Tony Zbaraschuk wrote:
          > > > Would very definitely be interested.
          > > >

          > > > Tony Z

        • Adam
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 23, 2013
            Jen,

            I like the samples you gave for a ballpark on how you want to look. Makes me excited to see what you come up with! Best of luck and look forward to when you're able to share more!

            Adam

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Jun 23, 2013, at 1:44 PM, "jens2018" <jen.spence@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > I'm sorry I'm answering this so late, I don't think I answered you before. I posted some concept sketches on here, will give you a feeling of my style. As for the detail of the work, I want it as detailed as the scenes in Neverwhere:
            > http://www.amazon.com/Neil-Gaimans-Neverwhere-Mike-Carey/dp/1401210074/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372012757&sr=8-1&keywords=neverwhere+comic
            >
            > and as moody as The Killing Joke:
            > http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Killing-Joke-Deluxe-Edition/dp/1401216676/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372012781&sr=8-1&keywords=the+killing+joke.
            >
            > However, my style is different from theirs, I'm still seeing what it will bring as I'm getting a hang of the inking brush.... It might be scanned pencils, which would give it a completely diff feel (don't have a comic to share with you for that style), as the blacks & lines would not be as dramatic. I'm almost to the point of inking a page to play with it.
            >
            > Hope that all helps?
            >
            > Jen
            >
            > --- In kencyr@yahoogroups.com, Adam <soyleon17@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Agreed. Please make sure to include a link when it's time. I apologize if this is too forward, but do you have any links to existing work that shares the same artistic style by chance? My mind is already running amok with possible images, and I'd like put some form to it so to speak.
            > >
            > > Sent from my iPhone
            > >
            > > On Apr 16, 2013, at 7:16 PM, Dan Pierson <dan@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > Also interested and very likely to back you on Kickstarter.

          • jens2018
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 23, 2013
              Thank you!
              :)