Re: [kencyr] Question for group

  • Damien Sullivan
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2013
      On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 04:07:14PM -0500, Pwrlftrbear@... wrote:
      > Does anyone know where there has been any mention whether Kindrie is right
      > handed? I know Pat has mentioned that Jame and Tory both are, even though
      > most Kencyr are left handed. Makes me wonder if that's a sign of potential
      > Tyr-Rydan....

      I don't remember any mention but I dunno.

      For Jame, I always figured her being right-handed was two levels of
      "difference". The Kencyr are mostly left-handed, so Not Like Us, and
      Jame's right-handed, so she's abnormal for a Kencyr. (Which does't mean
      she's more 'normally human'.)

      Tori, well, he's her twin, though I don't think real identical (which
      they aren't) twins necessarily share handedness. Not that real biology
      has much role here.

      -xx- Damien X-)
    • Fuzzy
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18, 2013
        For humans, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twins_and_handedness, twins are about twice as likely for one of them to be lefthanded, but the probability of both being lefthanded is not that high. Goodness only knows how that applies to the Kencryr...

        --- In kencyr@yahoogroups.com, Damien Sullivan <phoenix@...> wrote:

        > On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 04:07:14PM -0500, Pwrlftrbear@... wrote:
        > > Does anyone know where there has been any mention whether Kindrie is right
        > > handed? I know Pat has mentioned that Jame and Tory both are, even though
        > > most Kencyr are left handed. Makes me wonder if that's a sign of potential
        > > Tyr-Rydan....
        >
        > I don't remember any mention but I dunno.
        >
        > For Jame, I always figured her being right-handed was two levels of
        > "difference". The Kencyr are mostly left-handed, so Not Like Us, and
        > Jame's right-handed, so she's abnormal for a Kencyr. (Which does't mean
        > she's more 'normally human'.)
        >
        > Tori, well, he's her twin, though I don't think real identical (which
        > they aren't) twins necessarily share handedness. Not that real biology
        > has much role here.
        >
        > -xx- Damien X-)

      • Paula Lieberman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 22, 2013
          Most identical twins have the same handedness. Mirror image identical
          twins, which are rarer, don't. Jim and Greg Benford are mirror image
          identical twins.