Question for group

  • pwrlftrbear
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2013
      Does anyone know where there has been any mention whether Kindrie is right
      handed? I know Pat has mentioned that Jame and Tory both are, even though
      most Kencyr are left handed. Makes me wonder if that's a sign of potential
      Tyr-Rydan....

    • Damien Sullivan
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17, 2013
        On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 04:07:14PM -0500, Pwrlftrbear@... wrote:
        > Does anyone know where there has been any mention whether Kindrie is right
        > handed? I know Pat has mentioned that Jame and Tory both are, even though
        > most Kencyr are left handed. Makes me wonder if that's a sign of potential
        > Tyr-Rydan....

        I don't remember any mention but I dunno.

        For Jame, I always figured her being right-handed was two levels of
        "difference". The Kencyr are mostly left-handed, so Not Like Us, and
        Jame's right-handed, so she's abnormal for a Kencyr. (Which does't mean
        she's more 'normally human'.)

        Tori, well, he's her twin, though I don't think real identical (which
        they aren't) twins necessarily share handedness. Not that real biology
        has much role here.

        -xx- Damien X-)
      • Fuzzy
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 18, 2013
          For humans, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twins_and_handedness, twins are about twice as likely for one of them to be lefthanded, but the probability of both being lefthanded is not that high. Goodness only knows how that applies to the Kencryr...

          --- In kencyr@yahoogroups.com, Damien Sullivan <phoenix@...> wrote:

          > On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 04:07:14PM -0500, Pwrlftrbear@... wrote:
          > > Does anyone know where there has been any mention whether Kindrie is right
          > > handed? I know Pat has mentioned that Jame and Tory both are, even though
          > > most Kencyr are left handed. Makes me wonder if that's a sign of potential
          > > Tyr-Rydan....
          >
          > I don't remember any mention but I dunno.
          >
          > For Jame, I always figured her being right-handed was two levels of
          > "difference". The Kencyr are mostly left-handed, so Not Like Us, and
          > Jame's right-handed, so she's abnormal for a Kencyr. (Which does't mean
          > she's more 'normally human'.)
          >
          > Tori, well, he's her twin, though I don't think real identical (which
          > they aren't) twins necessarily share handedness. Not that real biology
          > has much role here.
          >
          > -xx- Damien X-)

        • Paula Lieberman
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 22, 2013
            Most identical twins have the same handedness. Mirror image identical
            twins, which are rarer, don't. Jim and Greg Benford are mirror image
            identical twins.