Re: [kencyr] Did Highborn and Kendar used to look like the Arrin-ken?

  • Paula Lieberman
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2013
      I think Jame meant HIghborn/Shanir by "the rest of it" without actually
      realizing it--she knew she wasn't Kendar, but didn't realize that that meant
      she was Highborn. She knew she was Shanir. Her upbringing did not leave
      her with a conscious realization that she was Highborn, and Knorth Highborn
      at that. At North Kenshold, which she knew only as a keep her father
      headed up, the only Highborn seemed to have been her father, her mother,
      Ishtier's brother (can't remember his name) the scrollsman who was a cousin
      of Jame and Tori--but Jame didn't know that, she did know that Ishtier, who
      had abandoned the keep before Jame and Tori's birth, was the older brother
      of the scrollsman and lacked the training of a priest to use the scroll of
      the Law and maintain his own self-integrity while also being a bulwark
      holding the Barrier, and Jame and Tori.

      Jame I think -knew- that:
      a) The Kendar, the Highborn, and the Arrin-ken were from three different
      worlds originally,
      b) the Whinno-hir had been with the Highborn from the start (or perhaps it
      had to have been Marc who pointed that out).

      That Jame was Highborn had not occurred to her, on the other hand, she
      didn't see herself as Kendar--she had the wrong conformation for on thing,
      too short and too slender and lacking the artistic ability/facility. But
      she'd never really -thought- about it, she grew up -isolated- with no other
      children about her after being driven out from the Keep, and even before
      then, there was only Tori, and their father's mental instabilities affected
      everyone.