Rawneth - The Monster under the Bed

  • mamadleau
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2011
      It occurs to me that we have not "met" the current Rawneth.
      We have seen her in the past playing her games and we have seen her through the eyes of her Kendar, Addy, in Brenwyr's soulscape etc but not face to face.
      Does this make her more terrifying?

      Rawneth must still be a relatively young woman with another 100 years of life in her.
      (Isn't she young for a matriarch? How are the matriarchs chosen?)
      Jame must meet her face to face at some point and confront her but when.
    • Paula Lieberman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2011
        Rawneth is older than Brenwyr:
        Rawneth was in her late teens or early 20s when Greshan died.
        Brenwyr was probably that age or a bit older, but not by much, when the
        Massacre occurred.
        Jame and Tori were six or so when Gerridon found and impregnated Tieri.
        Tieri would've been in her late teens or maybe early 20s.

        Tieri was a very young chilld when Greshan died. Her father ignored her
        existence, except he signed her away to a future contract marriage with
        Gerridon.

        Godstalk occurred around 33 - 34 years after the conception of Jame and
        Tori. Ganth was Highlord for some number of years between the night his
        father died, and the disaster in the White Hills. --that would make Rawneth
        say 20 + 34 + the number of years that Ganth was Highlords, so she's in her
        sixties or seventies. Brenwyr's probably a decade or so younger--Adiraina
        fostered Brenwyr after Kinzi's death, Brenwyr would've been a teenager
        probably

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2011
          Also, In SM Adiraina says that there were no Randir highborn in residence at Gothregor
          Randir is a large house, is it likely that ALL of their women by on contract at once? Or do they maintain a compound but train their girls and house their women at Wilden?
        • Damien Sullivan
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 8, 2011
            On Sun, Jul 03, 2011 at 10:25:31AM -0400, Paula Lieberman wrote:

            > Godstalk occurred around 33 - 34 years after the conception of Jame and

            That seems high by 3 years. Isn't "of age" 27 years? And Tori claimed
            the highlordship when he came of age, and has been Highlord for 3 years.

            -xx- Damien X-)
          • Paula Lieberman
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 8, 2011
              Marc gave an age for Tori in Godstalk, also, it wasn;t until Ganth's death
              came to Tori in farseen dream, that Tori claimed the Highlordship