Re: [kencyr] Re: Kendar vs Highborn

  • Pwrlftrbear@aol.com
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 1, 2011
      Actually, it is spelled out that a pure Kendar cannot be a Shanir. It is
      referenced that a Shanir has at least a trace of Highborn blood.

      In a message dated 5/31/2011 6:32:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      deadslepr@... writes:

      I don't think the strength of the Shanir abilities depend on whether
      you're highborn or kendar. To be head of the house, you must be Shanir because
      only Shanir can bind their followers. But other than that, it's not been
      spelled out that only the highborn are Shanir. At Tentir, there is the class
      of students who have a bond with animals. I could be mistaken, I don't think
      it's been spelled out but isn't most of the class Kendar? Excepting Jame
      and Nightshade - since most of the cadets are either pure Kendar or mostly
      Kendar, it's an assumption I made. There are a lot more Kendar than
      Highborn, so it would make more sense that Shanir pop up everywhere otherwise there
      wouldn't be as many Priests either. The Highborn population doesn't seem
      so large that they could afford to throw so many at the College otherwise.

      --- On Mon, 5/30/11, Matthew Brown <_morven@..._
      (mailto:morven@...) > wrote:

      I'd imagine it depends on the strength of the shanir abilities of the
      individual; being half-Kendar may reduce the odds, but I doubt it
      eliminates
      it.

    • phoenix@mindstalk.net
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 9, 2011
        On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 10:12:21AM -0800, Matthew Brown wrote:
        > It's also worth noting that female Shanir are not sent to the priesthood.
        > The Womens' World appears to train them for its own ends, and if they are

        Which slows down the dygenic effects. The obvious male Shanir are sent
        to the apparently celibate priesthood, but the women keep producing more
        Shanir.

        -xx- Damien X-)