The Godstalker Chronicles available for pre-order at Amazon

  • thomas monaghan
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
      PublisherÕs Note: The God Stalker Chronicles has been previously published as two separate
      novels, God Stalk and its sequel Dark of the Moon.
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1416555765/ref=s9int_c3_img4-rfc_p?
      pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-
      3&pf_rd_r=1YSFZHTAC8TNVAAH8G2R&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=371408801&pf_rd_i=507846
    • pumibel
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
        --- In kencyr@yahoogroups.com, "thomas monaghan" <tmon214@...> wrote:

        > PublisherÕs Note: The God Stalker Chronicles has been previously
        published as two separate
        > novels, God Stalk and its sequel Dark of the Moon.
        > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1416555765/ref=s9int_c3_img4-
        rfc_p?
        > pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-

        3&pf_rd_r=1YSFZHTAC8TNVAAH8G2R&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=371408801&pf_rd_i=
        507846

        So what is up with this cover and the overflowing cleavage? We know
        that is not one of Jame's finer points, lol. How many times has she
        been describeed as rail thin and flat chested? She looks too old, as
        well. I wonder if PC gets to approve the cover art? It is lovely but
        does not represent Jame well enough.

        I have a copy of "Dark of the Gods", which is similar to this
        edition except it also contains the short story "Bones" and (not to
        brag) it is authographed by PC Hodgell. I am an avid fan...
      • Cate Kerr
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
          It doesn't look like Jame at all - it actually looks more like a busty
          Geri Halliewll in a brunette wig. The effort reminds me of the
          disastrous cover of Steve Erickson's first hardcover Malazan novel,
          "Gardens of the Moon". That cover was awful, and it was completely at
          odds with the book plot and characters.

          Cate
        • Tony Zbaraschuk
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
            On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 05:19:13PM -0000, Cate Kerr wrote:
            > It doesn't look like Jame at all - it actually looks more like a busty
            > Geri Halliewll in a brunette wig. The effort reminds me of the
            > disastrous cover of Steve Erickson's first hardcover Malazan novel,
            > "Gardens of the Moon". That cover was awful, and it was completely at
            > odds with the book plot and characters.

            Cue filksong:

            "There's a bimbo on the cover of my book..."

            Tony Z

            --
            When the safety people say too few kids are falling out of trees,
            you know caution has gone too far. -- Joanne Jacobs
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2008
              It makes me wonder if the artist reads the book or if just given an
              excerpt. I am an artist, myself so it really bothers me. PC hodgell
              is also an artist- I would bet she could do much better. I really
              have yet to see a cover that does justice to her novels in all the
              years I have been a fan.