PC Hodgell webpage and LiveJournal!

  • Paula Lieberman
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 5, 2008
      http://www.pchodgell.com/

      http://www.pchodgell.com/site/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=13

      says that the manuscript for the next book is due Feb 14 and that she has a
      LiveJournal as/at

      http://tagmeth.livejournal.com/
    • Elaine Normandy
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 6, 2008
        Thanks for pointer. I've added her to my friends list.

        On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 10:13 PM, Paula Lieberman <paal@...> wrote:

        > http://www.pchodgell.com/
        >
        > http://www.pchodgell.com/site/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=13
        >
        > says that the manuscript for the next book is due Feb 14 and that she has a
        > LiveJournal as/at
        >
        > http://tagmeth.livejournal.com/

        Elaine Normandy, Colorado Springs
        Weblog: http://www.stardel.com/fiveacres/
      • Deborah Brown
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 6, 2008
          Elaine Normandy wrote:
          > Thanks for pointer. I've added her to my friends list.

          As have I. Much thanks, Paula!

          Deb

          *Writing: Self-inflicted Multi-Personality Syndrome *
          *Visit me at http://www.livejournal.com/users/kosaginolegion/ *
          *or at http://kosaginolegion.deviantart.com/ *
        • Elaine Normandy
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 23, 2008
            On her LiveJournal, Pat has asked who is going to be at Denvention.
            (Just two weeks, now.)

            On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Deborah Brown <kosagi@...> wrote:
            > Elaine Normandy wrote:
            >> Thanks for pointer. I've added her to my friends list.
            >
            > As have I. Much thanks, Paula!
            >
            > Deb
            >
            > --
            > *Writing: Self-inflicted Multi-Personality Syndrome *
            > *Visit me at http://www.livejournal.com/users/kosaginolegion/ *
            > *or at http://kosaginolegion.deviantart.com/ *

            Elaine Normandy, Colorado Springs
            Weblog: http://www.stardel.com/fiveacres/
          • Tony Zbaraschuk
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 23, 2008
              On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 09:40:21AM -0600, Elaine Normandy wrote:
              > On her LiveJournal, Pat has asked who is going to be at Denvention.
              > (Just two weeks, now.)

              I'll be there, desperately hoping for an announcement that the
              next Kencyr book is ready...

              Tony Z

              --
              When the safety people say too few kids are falling out of trees,
              you know caution has gone too far. -- Joanne Jacobs
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 23, 2008
                Tony Zbaraschuk wrote:
                > I'll be there, desperately hoping for an announcement that the
                > next Kencyr book is ready...

                She has a deadline of February 2009 and sounds a bit nervous about it.
                She also says that Baen will be reprinting her work in hardback and may
                do softback if they do well.

                I plan on buying me a set.

                Deb

                *Writing: Self-inflicted Multi-Personality Syndrome *
                *Visit me at http://www.livejournal.com/users/kosaginolegion/ *
                *or at http://kosaginolegion.deviantart.com/ *
              • J
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 23, 2008
                  One of her LJ posts said she was 30,000 words in but the story has only advanced a few hours. lol

                  Whatever happens, I'm just excited to see the next book.

                  ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 23, 2008
                    J wrote:
                    > One of her LJ posts said she was 30,000 words in but the story has only advanced a few hours. lol

                    I know. I saw that.

                    I'm pretty sure she writes lots and lots and then edits down what isn't
                    important. No easy task, I'm certain.

                    I've been very carefully not responding to more than one or two of her
                    posts at a time, for fear of distracting her or babbling at her to the
                    point of annoyance.

                    But it's really fun watching her creative process. She's one of my early
                    influences - writing-wise.

                    > Whatever happens, I'm just excited to see the next book.

                    I second that emotion.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 23, 2008
                      How much elapsed time was there in Dark of the Moon? About a week?

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 23, 2008
                        On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 05:46:39PM -0600, Elaine Normandy wrote:
                        > How much elapsed time was there in Dark of the Moon? About a week?

                        About 30 days, I think; the Host spent a while marching down the valley.

                        Tony Z

                        > On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Deborah Brown <kosagi@...> wrote:
                        > > J wrote:
                        > >> One of her LJ posts said she was 30,000 words in but the story has only advanced a few hours. lol
                        > >
                        > > I know. I saw that.
                        > >
                        > > I'm pretty sure she writes lots and lots and then edits down what isn't
                        > > important. No easy task, I'm certain.
                        > >
                        > > I've been very carefully not responding to more than one or two of her
                        > > posts at a time, for fear of distracting her or babbling at her to the
                        > > point of annoyance.
                        > >
                        > > But it's really fun watching her creative process. She's one of my early
                        > > influences - writing-wise.
                        > >
                        > >> Whatever happens, I'm just excited to see the next book.
                        > >
                        > > I second that emotion.
                        > >
                        > > Deb
                        > >
                        > > --
                        > > *Writing: Self-inflicted Multi-Personality Syndrome *
                        > > *Visit me at http://www.livejournal.com/users/kosaginolegion/ *
                        > > *or at http://kosaginolegion.deviantart.com/ *
                        > >

                        > --
                        > Elaine Normandy, Colorado Springs
                        > Weblog: http://www.stardel.com/fiveacres/

                        When the safety people say too few kids are falling out of trees,
                        you know caution has gone too far. -- Joanne Jacobs
                      • Damien Sullivan
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 23, 2008
                          > How much elapsed time was there in Dark of the Moon? About a week?

                          God Stalk: bit over a year
                          3 days pass
                          DotM: about a month
                          a few months pass
                          Seeker's Mask: a week
                          I jokingly predicted the next book would take a day. I was wrong.

                          a few days passed? Not sure.
                          To Ride a Rathorn: 4 months

                          -xx- Damien X-)
                        • J
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 24, 2008
                            And on her LJ she was thinking that a few years had passed. Someone posted this timeling and she joked that once something is written and published it's sort of "done" and she doesn't go back to it much. Tends to put her in a bind for continuity and/or consistancy issues.

                            It's great to see her webpage and her posts on LJ. I was very excited to see the little bit of an excerpt she posted.

                            > How much elapsed time was there in Dark of the Moon? About a week?

                            God Stalk: bit over a year
                            3 days pass
                            DotM: about a month
                            a few months pass
                            Seeker's Mask: a week
                            I jokingly predicted the next book would take a day. I was wrong.

                            a few days passed? Not sure.
                            To Ride a Rathorn: 4 months

                            -xx- Damien X-)

                          • Sean C. Duggan
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 25, 2008
                              It is nice to hear from her. ^_^ Heck, a bit ago, she was soliciting
                              suggestions of what to do with the Urakarn, with the winner getting a
                              signed copy of the 2009 re-release of the early books!

                              On the flip side, I hate hearing about her depression and being unable
                              to really do anything about it. More of us ought to post and bolster
                              her with our ebullient praise.

                              --- In kencyr@yahoogroups.com, J <deadslepr@...> wrote:

                              > And on her LJ she was thinking that a few years had passed. Someone
                              posted this timeling and she joked that once something is written and
                              published it's sort of "done" and she doesn't go back to it much. Tends
                              to put her in a bind for continuity and/or consistancy issues.

                              > It's great to see her webpage and her posts on LJ. I was very excited
                              to see the little bit of an excerpt she posted.
                            • pumibel
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 26, 2008
                                Well i rarely post here but I want to cheer for MS Hodgell. I have
                                been a fan of her work since I was in Jr high, and I am 35 now! She
                                is my favorite author, hands down. I am inspired by her and hope that
                                she is able to lift the fog of depression. hugz
                                SO, Cheer up PAt! We love you!

                                --- In kencyr@yahoogroups.com, "Sean C. Duggan" <Sean.Duggan@...>