Rawneth

  • hoodoo4u
    Message 1 of 58 , Mar 30, 2008
      (possible minor spoilers for "Hearts of Woven Shadow")

      I find myself fascinated with the Witch of Wilden as an emerging
      villain. While recently re-reading "Hearts of Woven Shadow", I came on
      this description of her as a young woman:

      "Then she unfastened her cloak and let it fall. Beneath it she wore a
      tight, black bodice and a full skirt spangled with stars that glinted
      as she began slowly to turn, arms out again, long fingers winnowing the
      air. She had let her nails grow almost into talons, Ganth noted with a
      spasm of nausea..."

      I notice her nail length. At first, I wondered if we were to read these
      as shanir claws, but those seem not to be mistakeable for anything
      else. But does anyone else feel (as I do) that this indicates a desire
      to imitate, or emulate, powerful shanir traits she may not herself
      possess?
    • Tara Marshall
      Message 58 of 58 , Mar 9, 2010
        Bane doesn't realize that he and Jame are half-siblings until a good bit of the way into Seeker's Mask. After he "died" and was (apparently) wandering about as a ghost-like being, albeit a rather bloodthirsty one (good for Jame, since he helped reduce the number of Shadow Assassins). I gave reference to the conversation in my previous post, although I got the book wrong. One would assume that Bane would keep this knowledge, despite being dead.Tara