Re: Finished

  • hoodoo4u
    Message 1 of 88 , Jul 4, 2007
      --- In kencyr@yahoogroups.com, Heather Hunt <nikkiflinn@...> wrote:

      > I will admit that Tori has his own power, but you can't deny his new
      use of it does tend to coincide with Jame and her various scrapes.

      Destruction of the old makes way for Creation of the new so, yes.

      But part of this is simply that we are seeing this principally as
      Jame's story, and haven't seen much of Tori aside from that.

      Tori has his own power, certainly. He had become Highlord by sheer
      force of personality, three years before Jame re-entered his life,
      without Ganth's ring or sword to affirm his identity. The other
      highborn may have rationalized this a "buying a season of peace from
      blood-feuds", but I believe it is simply a manifestation of his sheer
      power. Remember he has more Kendar bound to him personally than any
      other lord in the Kencyrath.

      > True, Tori did seek out his bound after the battles which means at
      > some level he's starting to come to terms with who and what he is.

      Actually, I see this more as him doing what he thinks a good officer
      does, a glimpse at what made him a respected Hundred-Commander and
      later Commandant of the Southern Host. Sure, it is his bond to his
      Kendar he is following, but does he really think about that? Most
      lords don't realize that they are Shanir. Tori certainly doesn't, and
      avoids thinking about things that might indicate otherwise.
    • hoodoo4u
      Message 88 of 88 , Jul 4, 2007