Re: [kencyr] RE: pale leather

  • John Hurst
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2007
      My original edition of Seekers Mask is cream coloured leather. Quite
      nice and so far perfectly well behaved.
      John

      At 08:45 AM 4/30/2007, you wrote:

> [...]

      Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked,
      The good fortune to run into the people I like,
      And the eyesight to tell the difference.

    • paal@gis.net
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2007
        ----- Original Message Follows -----
        > My original edition of Seekers Mask is cream coloured leather. Quite

        Nope, that's not the original edition, really, it's not. The original
        edition, I have number 101 which was the lowest number available to the
        general public, the first 100 were reserved...

        > nice and so far perfectly well behaved.
        > John

      • John Hurst
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2007
          Odd, it looks like a first edition, signed by the author, from
          Hypatia press with no other editions listed in the publishing
          history. Its original enough for ME certainly. And a nice gift it
          was at the time.
          John

          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2007
            ----- Original Message Follows -----
            > Odd, it looks like a first edition, signed by the author, from
            > Hypatia press with no other editions listed in the publishing
            > history. Its original enough for ME certainly. And a nice gift it
            > was at the time.

            It's more durable that the edition with the purple leather, the
            cream-colored leather turned out to be more durable....

            My copies (I have multiple of them...) are signed and numbered, with
            colored artwork in them....

            John

            > At 09:36 AM 5/1/2007, you wrote:
            >

            > >----- Original Message Follows -----
            > > > My original edition of Seekers Mask is cream coloured leather.
            > Quite >
            > >Nope, that's not the original edition, really, it's not. The original
            > >edition, I have number 101 which was the lowest number available to
            > the >general public, the first 100 were reserved...
            >
            > Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked,
            > The good fortune to run into the people I like,
            > And the eyesight to tell the difference.

            > --
            > 4/30/2007 9:14 AM
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Damien Sullivan
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2, 2007
              On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 12:31:50PM -0400, paal@... wrote:

              > It's more durable that the edition with the purple leather, the
              > cream-colored leather turned out to be more durable....
              >
              > My copies (I have multiple of them...) are signed and numbered, with
              > colored artwork in them....

              I have a cream-colored book with colored plates, but the cover isn't
              leather.

              Actually, just one color illustration, printed separately and attached
              somehow as a frontispieces. Signed, though. Blood and Ivory has more,
              also attached. Meisha Merlin gave us more stories and art, but the old
              art wasn't reproduced as well as in Hypatia.

              I'd thought the leather books were $40, vs. the $35 for my edition, but,
              whatever.

              -xx- Damien X-)
            • paal@gis.net
              Message 6 of 8 , May 2, 2007
                ----- Original Message Follows -----
                > On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 12:31:50PM -0400, paal@... wrote:
                >
                > > It's more durable that the edition with the purple leather, the
                > > cream-colored leather turned out to be more durable....
                > >
                > > My copies (I have multiple of them...) are signed and numbered, with
                > > colored artwork in them....
                >
                > I have a cream-colored book with colored plates, but the cover isn't
                > leather.
                >
                > Actually, just one color illustration, printed separately and attached
                > somehow as a frontispieces. Signed, though. Blood and Ivory has more
                > , also attached. Meisha Merlin gave us more stories and art, but the
                > old art wasn't reproduced as well as in Hypatia.
                >
                > I'd thought the leather books were $40, vs. the $35 for my edition,
                > but, whatever.

                The original edition available to the public was $60 if buying fewer
                than five.