Spill the Beans, B&I

  • jinx01313
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
      I must say that B&I is great for answering those nagging questions.

      Such as Torisen's vision of North Kenshold falling. How did Ganth
      know who Keral was?
      In fact, Hearts of Woven Shadow, Among the Dead, and Torisen's
      farseeing vision make a complete story for Ganth and Keral's
      err, 'relationship'.

      From SM, where is Glendar's death banner?
      Periel and Cethron's death banners could have been left behind in
      the Master's house, but we knew Glendar had escaped the Fall 3000
      years before. "A watch we will keep," they said, "And our honor
      someday avenge. Alas for the greed of a man and the deceit of a
      woman that we should come to this!" (B&I, trade, P21-22.) Poor
      Glendar, to have witnessed so much and to have his end delayed by a
      few thousand years seems so harsh. It also gives a nice hint to the
      death banners in the master's house and why the Mistress couldn't go
      back in time to reap more souls as perhaps they had already been
      collected on the night of the Fall.

      HoWS makes it clear that slowly overtime, Gerridon has bartered or
      attempted to barter for more "food".

      Rawneth makes a surprising pledge to Gerridon in HoWS, it seems that
      within a decade she is playing her own game. The massacre was to
      protect her house, herself, and her son (LK). It also seems to have
      been meant to reduce Gerridon's breeding options
      (speculation). "Your my revenge," Rawneth to Kindrie (SM).

      What pushed Ganth to drive Jame out and where was Tori while it
      happened? AtD.

      Who else in the Knorth family acts like Gerridon and/or Bane?
      Greshan.

      It may also be the tightest prose we've seen from PC since GS.

      Jinx
    • Paula Lieberman
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
        From: "jinx01313" <larkinr@...>

        > I must say that B&I is great for answering those nagging questions.

        > Who else in the Knorth family acts like Gerridon and/or Bane?
        > Greshan.

        In Dark of the Moon Jame noted that many of her ancestors' faces were
        "cruel."