Re: personal comments

  • Lisa May
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
      >> But you wouldn't impute your morals to the author or impose them o
      >> her story-world, or anything like that.
      >

      >> Please hold yourself to the same standard you expect of others.
      >
      > Please be more careful in your reading and ask if your interpretation of
      > such things as what your asserted above, are correct or not. It would you
      > from looking like an ass.

      The tone of this discussion is going downhill fast. Disagree with someone's
      ideas all you want - but when the discussion descends to the level of
      personalities, then it's time to take it off-list.

      Lisa
      List mod
    • denisnepveu
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
        --- In kencyr@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa May" <maylisa66@e...> wrote:
        > >> But you wouldn't impute your morals to the author or impose them
        > >> her story-world, or anything like that.
        > >

        > >> Please hold yourself to the same standard you expect of others.
        > >
        > > Please be more careful in your reading and ask if your
        interpretation of
        > > such things as what your asserted above, are correct or not. It
        would you
        > > from looking like an ass.
        >

        > The tone of this discussion is going downhill fast. Disagree with
        someone's
        > ideas all you want - but when the discussion descends to the level
        of
        > personalities, then it's time to take it off-list.
        >
        > Lisa
        > List mod

        My apologies to the list. I should not have let someone get my goat
        (lot of livestock around here all of a sudden). There was no way to
        get a good result here.

        For my part, I resolve to read and respond only to messages that I
        perceive to be written in a spirit of open inquiry and fair debate.

        Denis
      • Jen
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
          > The tone of this discussion is going downhill fast. Disagree with someone's
          > ideas all you want - but when the discussion descends to the level of
          > personalities, then it's time to take it off-list.
          >
          > Lisa
          > List mod

          Fair enough List Mod Lisa, but some folk here have been sorely provoked.
        • OtherCat
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
            New Guy was apparently banned. This is a test to see if I was banned as
            well.

          • Lisa May
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
              Nobody has been banned.

              New Guy was apparently banned. This is a test to see if I was banned as
              well.

              Yahoo! Groups Links