Re: [kencyr] legitimacy

  • S-G Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
      Yup, the highborn can control fertility. Who knows
      about the Kendar. It is in the Appendix for Dark of
      the Moon that we get the Highborn info first. Also
      remember that it says that they can control
      conception, nothing about how. This relates to the
      debate on whether they can control the sex of children
      or the number of children.

      Also, Keral is an half and half bred man. He appears
      to have had a prominent part of the old order's
      society, but who knows if he would have been allowed
      to lead his people should all of the Randir have
      passed on. No mention of who is mother was is made,
      but his father's information is also in the
      Appendices.

      Bane's mother was Ganth's consort. Now, that may be a
      nice way of saying it, but it sounded kind of
      important. The books are not clear what the acceptable
      mating habits of Kendar are, especially in regards to
      Kendar-Highborn crosses.

      No mention of contracts between Kendar or
      Kendar-Highborn have been mentioned, although the term
      "Consort" has been repeatedly brought up in an almost
      similar content, so maybe there is some weight to the
      term.

      Got to run, (Boy, did that bring to mind some bad
      eighties music . . .)
      S-G

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com