New Print Release! Cat's Curse, Celtic historical romance/fantasy

  • celticchick09
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2011
      Hi all,

      Some of you have asked me when my latest books would be available in print. I am pleased to announce that the first book in my Dark Goddess trilogy is available now in trade paperback from Mundania Press. It even has a new cover.

      New Print Release!
      Title: Cat's Curse, Book One: Dark Goddess Trilogy
      Genre: Celtic historical romance/Paranormal fantasy
      Release date: 4/10/11
      Publisher: Mundania Press
      Buy link: http://www.mundania.com/author.php?author=Kelley+Heckart
      Author website: http://www.kelleyheckart.com/
      ISBN: 978-1-59426-303-3
      Price: $12.95

      Cat's Curse, Book One: Dark Goddess Trilogy, Celtic historical romance/fantasy
      Enter Dark Age Scotland—a mysterious, dangerous & exciting place…
      Blurb: Cardea is cursed to live an eternity as a blood drinker. Aedan mac Gabrain, prince of Dal Riata, trusts no one after suffering a curse that keeps him from touching any females. Can two tortured souls find love while battling a dark goddess determined to destroy them?

      Short Excerpt:
      The baying of hounds tore through the night.

      She froze. Fear struck her like a resounding hammer blow. Could they be demon hunters coming for me? Demon hunters used hounds because animals could sense her even when she became one with the shadows. In her haste to hunt the human, she failed to notice the scent of hounds. Before she could react, two hounds the size of calves had her pinned to the ground, stunned. They licked her face, showering her face with drool.

      A man's deep voice shouted out a command for the dogs to back off. Cardea sputtered, struggling to get the slavering beasts off her.

      "Fian, Donnan!" The two hounds backed off, obeying their master's stern command.

      Cardea pushed on her arms to sit up and faced the sharp edge of a sword blade, the sight of which made her draw in a sharp breath and remain still. The splash of pale moonlight revealed a man with long black hair standing over her, his great height matching a towering oak, his arms thick and muscled as oak branches.

      "I would not move if I were ye, lass." The man's thick brogue washed over her, sweet and honey-like.
      Reviewer Top Pick! This amazing story is very refreshing in the current romance genre. The storyline had a bunch of twists and turns that kept my attention and intrigued me with anticipation. I am eagerly looking forward to reading the next book (Beltaine's Song), Book Two in the Dark Goddess Trilogy, as I have become addicted to the strength, courage and real human facets of the characters in this saga.

      Reviewed by: Lydia Ferrari at Night Owl Romance Reviews
      Online Link: http://www.nightowlreviews.com/nightowlromance/reviews/Review.aspx?daoid=51

      Kelley Heckart
      'Timeless tales of romance, conflict & magic'
      http://www.kelleyheckart.com
      http://kelleysrealm.blogspot.com/ Check out my long hair hotties!
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kelley-Heckart/111838455604