Shocking New Book on the Confederacy!!!

  • pdmshalom
    Message 1 of 191 , Sep 24, 2001
      The book is entitled, "Jewish Confederates". I
      know the rest of the country constantly paints the
      South with a broad stroke as backward and racist. Funny
      thing is, many Jews fought and died for the
      Confederacy. They considered themselves Jews, but also more
      importantly as proud SOUTHERNERS! I am a Northern Jew and
      people in the North laugh when I tell them this and they
      usually WILL NOT accept it. Growing up I always liked the
      Confederate generals and the South better, lol. I am not
      saying I agree with slavery, but I am for a small
      Federal government. Only in the 1900's did the whole
      Dixie movement also include Jews as evil too and that
      is the KKK's fault NOT the average Southerner. In
      fact our friends in Nashville were insulted when I
      started making generalizations about the South being
      Anti-Jewish. I felt terrible and it really was an wonder
      place. In fact my wife and I loved the people and the
      everything about Tennessee from the music(we both LOVE
      country) to the more relaxed and down-to-Earth way of
      life. We are sick and tired of the big city; the
      pollution and overcrowedness. Even the name used by many
      Southerners when we visited for the Civil War was interesting
      to me, "The War of Northern Aggression".
    • shucksdotnet
      Message 191 of 191 , Jan 25, 2002