Re: Being reminded

  • hot_sauce_addict
    Message 1 of 191 , Jul 4, 2000
      Why do we remember WWII? why do we remember the
      revolutionary war? should we just forget about them? they were
      tragic occourances, and they shouldn't be forgotten. The
      confederate flag stood for the South's recession from the
      Union, and eventually, the fight for freedom. Now I can
      look at the American flag and see opression, freedom,
      prejudice, but its a symbol of our country, and it should be
      revered by all. Texas and Hawaii were once their own
      independent countries, and we still let them fly their flag.
      If you want to look at the Confederate flag and see
      hate, by all means, go ahead. but for the people who
      see it as a symbol of our country, leave us be
    • shucksdotnet
      Message 191 of 191 , Jan 25, 2002