Re: Tiffany Springs

  • dave.rowell@noaa.gov
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 1, 2008
      I'll defer this question to Paul since he has been leading a group run
      there on Wednesday evenings.

      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 1, 2008
        Hey there -

        So, a couple of miles into my run at Clinton today (I
        use the term 'run' loosely, as the first couple were
        more like sliding/slipping/careening) I was passed by
        two Nerds - but I didn't realize it until I saw the
        Psycho shirts.

        I probably should have introduced myself in the
        parking lot after, but anyway, I've been lurking on
        the list and figured I should officially introduce
        myself now!

        I'm Christy, relatively new to Lawrence, and as soon
        as I get a little bit faster, I'll be joining you all
        on some of your weekend runs. I'm looking forward to
        it!

        Oh, and the incredibly muddy canine in the parking
        lot, that's Leila.

        ~Christy

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • Ben Holmes
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 1, 2008
          Christy,

          That would be Kyle and Tony that you saw.  They were on a nice little 40-mile "training run."
          A few more of us were out there, too.  Four more, to be exact, counting Gene, who ran on his own.  We had a nice 18-mile run.  It was beatiful out there!

          Ben

          Me <phunkyboarder77@...> wrote:
          Hey there -

          So, a couple of miles into my run at Clinton today (I
          use the term 'run' loosely, as the first couple were
          more like sliding/slipping/ careening) I was passed by
          two Nerds - but I didn't realize it until I saw the
          Psycho shirts.

          I probably should have introduced myself in the
          parking lot after, but anyway, I've been lurking on
          the list and figured I should officially introduce
          myself now!

          I'm Christy, relatively new to Lawrence, and as soon
          as I get a little bit faster, I'll be joining you all
          on some of your weekend runs. I'm looking forward to
          it!

          Oh, and the incredibly muddy canine in the parking
          lot, that's Leila.

          ~Christy

          Be a better friend, newshound, and

        • Chris Turner
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 1, 2008
            Christy,

            I started my 10 mile slip and slide at 8am and I remember seeing you and your pup.  The trail wasn't too bad between 1.5 miles and  the 5 mile post.

            Saw Kyle, Tony and Gene, too.  I was the guy with white long sleeve shirt on.

            Maybe next week I'll get my butt out of bed and run with the group.

            Cheers,
            Chris (from Lawrence)

[...]

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          • Paul Sidwell
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 2, 2008
              Hi Krysia,

              I wish there were some useful maps available, but so far nobody has come out with their GPS so we can have a really great map to overlay on Google Earth or something cool like that!  (hints)

              Why don't you come out on Wednesday night and run with us?  There are lots of opportunities if the conditions are right to run for as long as you want, but if it's muddy some of the trails are pretty nasty (rutted by jeeps and atvs).  Usually we go for about an hour or so, but this spring we should be able to get some major cleanup done and get some fun, longer routes planned.  Come join us, it's fun!  We meet at the convergence of NW Tiffany Springs Road and NW Childress Dr.

              Paul

            • krysiaag@juno.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 3, 2008
                I have a college French class on Monday and Wednesday so can't join you right now. The term ends in May so then I'll be free.

                Krysia

                "Life is NOT a dress rehearsal; live it!

                Please note: message attached

                Click for a credit repair consultation, raise your FICO score.
                http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iifRtVeebZPxSA1Fz7oqYvSFnPdfdvawZNjmc8DCME7cQpOY6/
              • Paul Sidwell

                  > I live up by Tiffany Springs Park and wonder if you can provide me
                  > with some maps of the trails to run there. Years ago I used to
                  > run my dog up there, but where we were wouldn't be a great place
                  > to run, I don't think. It was way too hilly. We always started
                  > from the soccer fields off Hampton. I would love to get some
                  > routes with mileage if you have something like that available.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Krysia
                  >
                  > "Life is NOT a dress rehearsal; live it!

                • Scott Oakes
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 3, 2008

                    What year of French are you taking and where? I minored in it in college. C’est la plus belle langue.

                    Scott Oakes

                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 4, 2008
                      Christy, If you have a Golden Retreiever I saw you both on Sunday in Clinton. My name is Beth, (bright yellow top and camelback), you were coming in as I was about 2.5 in or so. Welcome to the Nerds. You don't have to be fast to join in the group runs I am very slow, the Nerds make you feel a part of them no matter what your speed.
                      Beth

                      To: kctrailrunning@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 4, 2008
                        Beth -

                        Yep, that was me - I think we said hello on the trail.

                        Well, if you do Saturdays at Clinton and want to get
                        together, please let me know! One of these days I'll
                        do the Saturday group run...

                        Thanks for all the hellos, it's nice to put some names
                        to the faces I saw this weekend!

                        Christy

                        --- GERALD HILT <G_HILT@...> wrote:

                        > Christy, If you have a Golden Retreiever I saw you
                        > both on Sunday in Clinton. My name is Beth, (bright
                        > yellow top and camelback), you were coming in as I
                        > was about 2.5 in or so. Welcome to the Nerds. You
                        > don't have to be fast to join in the group runs I am
                        > very slow, the Nerds make you feel a part of them no
                        > matter what your speed.
                        > Beth
                        >

                        > To: kctrailrunning@yahoogroups.comFrom:
                        > cturner@...: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 20:11:18
                        > -0600Subject: Re: [kctrailrunning] Nerd sighting!
                        >

                        > Christy,
                        >
                        > I started my 10 mile slip and slide at 8am and I
                        > remember seeing you and your pup. The trail wasn't
                        > too bad between 1.5 miles and the 5 mile post.
                        >
                        > Saw Kyle, Tony and Gene, too. I was the guy with
                        > white long sleeve shirt on.
                        >
                        > Maybe next week I'll get my butt out of bed and run
                        > with the group.
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        > Chris (from Lawrence)

                      • Mary Ann McIntire
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 4, 2008
                          I am new and have been lurking as well waiting until I get faster and more miles in me before I join a group run.  I am nursing a knee along and so I try to keep my miles down and work up slowly.  However, I would be interested in running at Clinton with you on Saturdays when I can.  KC area is too far away for me but I can do Lawrence, Perry or Topeka areas.

                          Mary Ann McIntire
                          Special Investigator II
                          Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
                          mmcintire@...
                          785-836-3196

                          http://club. live.com/ star_shuffle. aspx?icid= starshuffle_ wlmailtextlink_ jan

                          Be a better friend, newshound, and

                          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                        • Greg Burger
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 4, 2008
                            I have been trying to decide if we should get a group of newbie runners here in Lawrence
                            together....after seeing the message board over the last few days I think it may be worth a
                            try.....In the past I have attempted to have a Sunday afternoon run at 3pm for people who would
                            like to be introduced to the trails but I only had one or two people show interest in the 6 months
                            that I had it scheduled....Would another time be good during the week?? If you are interested in
                            this send me an e-mail and the times that would be good for you....I know I will not be able to
                            meet everyones time needs but I would be glad to coordinate something to get people together on a
                            regular basis in Lawrence. Also, I am currently training a friend from work (he is new to running
                            and right now doing 2 miles twice a week with me) to a do his first 50K in October. Also, as you
                            may know, Gary and I run on Wednesday evenings at 6pm every week....we would love to have more company!!!

                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 5, 2008
                              Mary Ann and Christy,
                              Welcome, I am very slow on the trails, on Clinton Lake trails I've been averaging 17-20 minute miles, probally way too slow for most. Maybe  Christy's dog can pull us all along. I will be out there this Saturday morning, will try for 8am. I am running Red Bridge on Sunday so will do about 5 to 8 miles more or less, let me know what is good for you and we'll work with it.
                              Beth

                              To: kctrailrunning@yahoogroups.com
                              From: mmcintire@...
                              Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:16:38 -0600

                              I am new and have been lurking as well waiting until I get faster and more miles in me before I join a group run.  I am nursing a knee along and so I try to keep my miles down and work up slowly.  However, I would be interested in running at Clinton with you on Saturdays when I can.  KC area is too far away for me but I can do Lawrence, Perry or Topeka areas.

                              Mary Ann McIntire
                              Special Investigator II
                              Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
                              mmcintire@doglegs. com
                              785-836-3196

                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 12, 2008
                                Hey all,

                                I will not be available for tonight's trail run at Tiffany Springs Run, however for anyone who wants to run, Teresa has offered to lead it.  Please call her at 816.509.1662 by 5:30p if you're planning to run tonight!

                                The next few weeks will be "work" nights, instead of running.  Anyone who wants to come out and have a part in some new trails being cleared and built is invited to help us!  We'll work on Wednesdays from about 6:30 until dark, clearing paths and setting up new trail on the west side, off of Hampton Road, just north of Hwy 152.  We'll leave from there about 6:40 and head up the hill where the wide dirt/rock path begins.

                                Hope to see you out there!

                                Paul

                              • Cheri Sutton