Re: [kctrailrunning] Water for the long haul

  • Billings, Bob
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2007
      Re: [kctrailrunning] Water for the long haul

      Thanks.
      BB

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007

        I run with a camelback- not the waist one, on anything over an hour in the summer, I find it easier to manage drinking and running than a hand held water bottle. The trick is to fill it it then turn it upside down and suck all the air from the pack so there is no sloshing. I find the capacity of the camelback much more user friendly, just be sure you get one that has a chest strap to control excess bouncing.

        Beth

        From: B Bundschuh <bundschuhb@...>
        To: kctrailrunning@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [kctrailrunning] Water for the long haul
        Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:03:41 -0700 (PDT)

        Does anyone have any experience - good or bad - with water belts or camelbaks?

        I am looking at a marathon which will have maybe one water station to refill. I have run with the 4 bottle fuel belt, but I don't think that will be enough.

        -Bob

        Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

        More photos, more messages, more storage�get 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail.
      • Jim Megerson
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
          I have an Ultimate Direction "Zoom" hydration pack. I like it better
          than my North Face. It has many places to store stuff like energy gels
          and the bladder, albeit a little clunky looking, is easier to fill,
          clean and dry than other bladders I have used (North Face,
          Camelback). The pack also has a number of adjustments for fine tuning
          the fit. Ten miles is the longest distance I have used it.
        • Tieghi, Constance
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
            Good trick!!!  Thanks!!!