Re: [kctrailrunning] Night 5K & 10K Trail Race: Friday, Aug 5th

  • Dougq Williams
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
      If you have never run at night on trails, would you recommend not to participate in this event?

      Doug Williams

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011

        You’ll LOVE it Doug!!!  Bring a bottle of water, a headlamp and a good attitude and you’ll love it.  I did this run last year and immediately put it on my calendar for this year.

        Kelly

        If you have never run at night on trails, would you recommend not to participate in this event?

        Doug Williams

        Beat the hot, sunny weather by doing a night trail run!

        The 6th annual Psych Night Trail Run is a 5K & 10K jaunt through the woods, with a Tiki Torch Turnaround.
        Friday night, 8:15 p.m., August 8th.
        WyCo Lake Park main entrance, KCKS.

        Just two days left to get the early bird entry fee, which includes a logo'd mug and post-race beverages.  Webpage.

        Registration URL: http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TrailNerdsAssn/15049d2610/TEST/a8e477f48f/event=5028

        This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel proprietary information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.
      • Jeff Bird
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
          Doug. The running portion is a total blast. Thats a given.  You will prob only trip and fall 3 maybe 4 times. The best part hands down is the ICE COLD PBR'S waiting for you as you cross the finish line. Those alone are worth price of admission. Good luck. Cheers. Jb

          Sent from JB's iPhone

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
            Thank you, so what should I have for lighting?

            Doug

          • sophia.wharton@mizunousa.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011

              A flashlight will do the trick!

              This message sent via BlackBerry

              Thank you, so what should I have for lighting?

              Doug

              Beat the hot, sunny weather by doing a night trail run!

              The 6th annual Psych Night Trail Run is a 5K & 10K jaunt through the woods, with a Tiki Torch Turnaround.
              Friday night, 8:15 p.m., August 8th.
              WyCo Lake Park main entrance, KCKS.

              Just two days left to get the early bird entry fee, which includes a logo'd mug and post-race beverages.  Webpage.

              Registration URL: http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TrailNerdsAssn/15049d2610/TEST/a8e477f48f/event=5028

              Psych NIght_Nightrunner_flat

              Sophia Wharton
              Territory Manager
              Office 816-808-7758

              This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

              Mizuno USA, Inc., 4925 Avalon Ridge Parkway, Norcross GA, 30071

            • badbendrs@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
                Like Kelly says, you'll not only love it, you'll like it!

                Sent from my iPad

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
                  Everyone is a first timer at some point, right?? I just did my first night trail run last month and loved it! I just took it very slowly and carefully to play it safe - lots of walking during the rough spots- and figured all the more time to be out there enjoying the experience!