Re: Rock Creek vols this Saturday!

  • trypoxylon.politum
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2009
      Hey Sophia - Heide and Ellen and I are all actually running the Rock Creek on Saturday. Maybe Heide's fiance could help? Yeaaah, let's volunteer him! Heh. I know, I know, I am going to volunteer one of these days, I promise. :) Liz

      --- In kctrailrunning@yahoogroups.com, Sophia Wharton <sophianchor@...> wrote:

      > I just talked to MK Thompson who's helping Great Plains Running race direct at the Rock Creek Half marathon/10k this weekend.
      >
      > This is a GREAT RACE on the beautiful trail system at Lake Perry (near Lawrence and Topkea).
      >
      > Read more here:
      > http://www.runtough.com/
      >
      > The race starts at 8 am.  Mk needs a couple more volunteers.
      >
      > If anyone is running this (Liz? Darin? Levi?) and can bring along a spouse (Darcy? Kristin?) or friend (Heide?) to help out, that would be awesome.  The time committment is 7am to about noon.  If you are a fast runner, you could run, then join your friend at an aid station.
      >
      > Did you know volunteering and helping people releases  ENDORPHINES!?
      >
      > I can get your info to MK, or you can contact her directly at 785-220-1610.
      >
      > Sophia
      > Original Mud Babe

    • Laurie Euler

        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2009
          Laurie, don't be nervous. As I recall, pavement running is sort of like trail running except it's harder underfoot, there are fewer things to jump over, and you go more or less in a straight line. Yes, it can be dangerously mind-numbing and knee-jarring, but just wear squishy shoes and try to think of some equations. You can do it! :) -Liz

          --- In kctrailrunning@yahoogroups.com, Laurie Euler <lluhar@...> wrote:

          > Would much rather run or help out at this race, but I'm doing the KC
          > corporate challenge 5k. Ughhh. My tummy is already churning thinking about
          > it. My first 5k since August. Would totally skip it, but also have to go
          > to a bridal shower in the afternoon. Wow, I'm sure you all totally cared
          > about my excuses. Maybe Nick will go though.
          >
          > Laurie
          >
          > On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Sophia Wharton <sophianchor@...>wrote:
          >

          > > I just talked to MK Thompson who's helping Great Plains Running race direct
          > > at the Rock Creek Half marathon/10k this weekend.
          > >
          > > This is a GREAT RACE on the beautiful trail system at Lake Perry (near
          > > Lawrence and Topkea).
          > >
          > > Read more here:
          > > http://www.runtough.com/
          > >
          > > The race starts at 8 am. Mk needs a couple more volunteers.
          > >
          > > If anyone is running this (Liz? Darin? Levi?) and can bring along a spouse
          > > (Darcy? Kristin?) or friend (Heide?) to help out, that would be awesome.
          > > The time committment is 7am to about noon. If you are a fast runner, you
          > > could run, then join your friend at an aid station.
          > >
          > > Did you know volunteering and helping people releases ENDORPHINES!?
          > >
          > > I can get your info to MK, or you can contact her directly at 785-220-1610.
          > >
          > > Sophia
          > > Original Mud Babe

        • Laurie Euler
          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2009
            And there are the thousands of other runners!  Remember, I'm an engineer.  Engineer = antisocial

            But thanks for the motivation Liz!

            On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 11:04 AM, trypoxylon.politum <trypoxylon.politum@...> wrote:

            Laurie, don't be nervous. As I recall, pavement running is sort of like trail running except it's harder underfoot, there are fewer things to jump over, and you go more or less in a straight line. Yes, it can be dangerously mind-numbing and knee-jarring, but just wear squishy shoes and try to think of some equations. You can do it! :) -Liz

            --- In kctrailrunning@yahoogroups.com, Laurie Euler <lluhar@...> wrote:

            > Would much rather run or help out at this race, but I'm doing the KC
            > corporate challenge 5k. Ughhh. My tummy is already churning thinking about
            > it. My first 5k since August. Would totally skip it, but also have to go
            > to a bridal shower in the afternoon. Wow, I'm sure you all totally cared
            > about my excuses. Maybe Nick will go though.
            >
            > Laurie
            >
            > On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Sophia Wharton <sophianchor@...>wrote:

            > > I just talked to MK Thompson who's helping Great Plains Running race direct
            > > at the Rock Creek Half marathon/10k this weekend.
            > >
            > > This is a GREAT RACE on the beautiful trail system at Lake Perry (near
            > > Lawrence and Topkea).
            > >
            > > Read more here:
            > > http://www.runtough.com/
            > >
            > > The race starts at 8 am. Mk needs a couple more volunteers.
            > >
            > > If anyone is running this (Liz? Darin? Levi?) and can bring along a spouse
            > > (Darcy? Kristin?) or friend (Heide?) to help out, that would be awesome.
            > > The time committment is 7am to about noon. If you are a fast runner, you
            > > could run, then join your friend at an aid station.
            > >
            > > Did you know volunteering and helping people releases ENDORPHINES!?
            > >
            > > I can get your info to MK, or you can contact her directly at 785-220-1610.
            > >
            > > Sophia
            > > Original Mud Babe

          • Caleb Chatfield
            Message 5 of 6 , May 4, 2009
              We'll be meeting at the SMP marina tonight at
              6:30.

              Thanks

              Caleb

              Sent from my iPhone