Summer Block Party?

  • michellelsbrenner
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 19, 2010
      One more thing while I'm on here...I know there was talk of a summer shindig and would love to help if it is still in the planning!
    • zbrak
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 19, 2010
        If this is going to happen, I can help with musical entertainment. I have a PA and I know bunches of musicians (heck, there are a bunch in our neighborhood!).

        Greg Bower

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 28, 2010

          I’ll be glad to help with the planning as well. It may be that late August is best – kind of an end to summer party. As with Greg – I can round up some musicians.  Maybe we can block off the lower section of Deepwood and have some music, food, drink and fun?

          Gotta run now, late for my deer-feeding appointment and you know they get hungry.  Ha – just kidding. I don’t have to feed the deer. They help themselves to whatever they want in my yard.

          -Logan

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 28, 2010
            Apologies for chiming in so late...

            There seems to be enough support for a block party in the 'hood and I will be glad to circulate the news to those non-message board neighbors.  I will ask for a vote between 8/21 & 8/28 as to the dates.  Labor day weekend is 9/4.

            The end of Deepwood where the Creechs/Chases/McLeods, etc. live would be a good place.  I have a decent sized tent at work that could provide shelter for musicians and some party goers.

            Holler back if 8/21 or 8/28 doesn't work for anyone on this list and we'll start the ball rolling.

            -Allen

            --
            Allen Creech
            IT/IS Center for Documentary Studies
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 28, 2010
              That is the location where we have usually had block parties before.  I'd love to get to meet and greet some of my newer neighbors.  Please don't forget to include Elna Smith next to me.  She seems to get left off lists.  Thanks and let me know if I can help.  Karen Baumer

              Jbr: amcreech@duke. edu
              http://cds.aas. duke.edu