Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Nov 14, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2005
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Quilting Newsletter, Monday, November 14th.

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Monday, November 14th.***Monday, November 14th.***Monday, November 14th.***Monday, November 14th.***Monday, November 14th.***Monday, November 14th.***Monday, November 14th.***Monday, November 14th.***Monday, November 14th.***Monday, November 14th.***Monday, November 14th.***Monday, November 14th.***Monday, November 14th.***Monday, November 14th.***

      Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a good start to your week. Things are a little crazy here in Northern Michigan, with tomorrow being the opening day of deer season. If you're brown and have antlers, this is definitely not the place to be!

      Lots of people have been taking advantage of our early bird sales. I hope you have time to check them out! If you're not sure what they are, read on!

      To download this newsletter, just click on the link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      New Special!

      Here's a great new special I'm sure you're going to love! For the next two weeks, whenever you buy any one or more of Kaye's View & Do Shapes for $15, you can get any or all of the listed patterns for half price! This is a great savings of $4 off each pattern! They're just beautiful patterns, that are fun and easy to do! So buy 1 or buy them all, they're just $4 each when you buy any of the View & Do Shapes!

      All of Kaye's View & Do Shapes are made of hard plastic suitable for rotary cutting. Each of them includes 2, 4, 6, and 8 inch templates that nest together for easy storage. For more information on these shapes, click the link.

      These are the beautiful, new patterns by Kaye Wood, now on sale, with the purchase of the View & Do Templates.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Just Ask Kaye!

      Q: What kind of pen do you use to autograph a quilt?

      K: I always use a pigma pen, available in most arts and crafts stores.

      Q: Any suggestions on what to do with very old, hand sewn quilted blocks?

      K: Make sure you show them off! Either mount them in a frame or put them in between two layers of glass and display them on a stand.

      Q: How do you piece batting together to make a long strip? Do you zigzag it together flat or use a seam?

      K: I think you should overlap and then zig zag. You could butt them together but the zig zag stitch may not catch both edges. It is best to overlap.

      New Winner!

      Drawn at random, let's give a big congratulations to, (drum roll) SHIRLEY GLASS of Lake Zurich, Illinois! She is the second winner of our drawing, during the early bird specials. An Autograph Series set by Kaye Wood, valued at $75, will be shipped to her this week! Make sure you check on Friday for our next lucky winner, it could be you!

      Just For Fun!

      Here are the answers to our last weeks word scramble.

      patchworksyntheticmercerizedwovencording
      bagheeratemplateembossedrayonsymmetrical

      These people finished last weeks word scramble correctly and sent it back to Terrye first, so they won a free e-pattern! Thanks to all who participated and congratulations to the winners!

      Joyce Jameson**Beverley Birdgel**Helen Hooper**Brenda Cole**Debbie Reeves**Lois Ray**Ida Mohan**Cassie Wilbur**Heather Rutherford**Victoria Hoeftly

      Check back next Monday for another fun scramble and another chance to win a free e-pattern!

      What's New?

      I'm sure you all know about Kaye's line of patterns, but did you know she has a new one? The Morning Glory has just been introduced to her new line and it is just beautiful! Keep in mind, this pattern is also included in the weekly special! Click the link for more information.

      We've already started getting letters for our new, upcoming project called, "Show & Tell". Pick out a quilt you made and send us a non-returnable picture, along with a description in 50 words or less, the story behind your quilt. What inspired you? Was it for a special person or event in your life? Once every two weeks we will feature one in our newsletter and the rest will be on a new page you can link to and check them all out. Don't miss out on the chance to, "toot your own horn" a little bit! You can send us your letters to the address below.

      Kaye Wood

      C/O Show & Tell

      Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival

      Phoenix, AZ***Arizona State Fairgrounds

      1/26 thru 1/28, 2006

      http://www.rustybarn.com/

      Creative Festival

      Denver, CO

      2/23 thru 2/26, 2006

      http://www.creativefestival.com or 505-323-0025

      Sewing and Stitchery Expo

      Puyallup, WA

      3/2 thru 3/5, 2006

      www.sewexpo.com or 253-445-4632

      Did You Know?

      Did you know that Kaye Wood Inc, offers gift certificates? They make a wonderful present for that hard-to-buy-for quilter we all know and love. Just call the office to order.

      1-800-248-5293

      Did you know we can ship your packages to just about anywhere? With Christmas coming, this is a great option especially if you're traveling or have relatives you can't be with. Just mark it in the ship-to portion of the shopping cart or let your operator know. We're glad to assist you!

      Links 4-U

      QNN

      QNN, the only online programming dedicated to quilters. 24/7, you can get your quilting fix at QNN.

      http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com/

      Ad Swap

      Be sure to visit us at Homespun Hearth. We have over 3,500 online goodies - from kits to gifts, fabric to patterns, books to bundles, there is something for everyone. The Gift Ideas Countdown will be here soon, and our famous HSH version of the 12 Days of Christmas will load you up with lots of ideas, special savings, super coupons and sew much more! Check out and sign up for our free newsletter! We look forward to your visit!

      http://www.homespunhearth.com

      Kaye Wood, Inc., PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at: (800)248-5293, Monday thru Friday, 9-5 p.m., EST

      To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

      Be sure to tell us why you want to unsub, it helps to know what people want and don't want.