Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Nov. 7, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2005
      Kaye's Quilting Friends, Monday, November 7th.

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Monday, November 7th.***Monday, November 7th.***Monday, November 7th.***Monday, November 7th.***Monday, November 7th.***Monday, November 7th.***Monday, November 7th.***Monday, November 7th.***Monday, November 7th.***Monday, November 7th.***Monday, November 7th.***Monday, November 7th.***Monday, November 7th.***Monday, November 7th.***Monday, November 7th.***

      Hey everyone, I'm glad you could make it another week with us! In case your just checking in, there are a lot of people taking advantage of our early bird specials for November. Don't miss the boat, check them out, because there is definitely some great buys going on. Plus, every week of this sale one lucky subscriber will win either an Autograph Series by Kaye Wood or a $25 gift certificate. We're having lots of fun and lots of deals to head off the holiday season, so come along!

      To download this newsletter, just click on the link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      Last Week For This Great Special!

      Here, just in time for your Christmas enjoyment, is Santa Time and the Snowman Row Quilts! Brought to you by our friends at the Colorado Quilt Design Co., these patterns are everyone's favorites! For the next week when you buy one or both of them, your s/h will be only 99 cents, so order today!

      Dress up your home for the holidays with any of the three easy-to-piece quilts featured in this pattern. The large, fat- quarter friendly quilt measures 62" x 78" and features four Santas, four trees, four stars and four sets of presents along with a double border with stars in the corners. Also included are directions for two smaller quilts.

      Also featured for your early winter projects is our popular Snowman Row!

      Too cold to go outside and build a snowman? Well, do it inside with our Snowman Row pattern! These are the cutest little guys around for this winter! Easy to piece, the Snowman Row quilt is sewn in seven vertical rows with a combination of eleven snowmen, three trees and fourteen pairs of mittens. Each of the blue, red, gold, and three of the green fabrics, are used in different combinations for the snowmen hats and vests, as well as the mittens. Use your creativity when combining your fabrics together to make a beautiful 62.5" x 80.5" quilt. This pattern also includes directions for a smaller quilt and wallhanging. A fun quilt with easy piecing and applique directions, it works and looks great with your cottons or flannels. Makes a wonderful gift! So when the weather outside is frightful, sit by the fire that's so delightful, and sew your Snowman Row!

      Thanks to everyone who reminded me that I didn't post the correct answers for the word scrambles. I must've been in "air head" mode that day. So, better late then never, here you go.

      Week 1

      1)asymmetrical***tamselmycria

      2) textile***eixtlte

      3) binding***ginnbdi

      4) sateen***naseet

      5) jacquard***jcqadaru

      6) percale***aelrpec

      7) embroidery***mrieyebodr

      8) fabric***rbaicf

      9) seersucker***sescerkure

      10) taffeta***afttfea

      Week 2

      1) needles***sledene

      2) applique***uipaeqlp

      3) mola***alom

      4) cotton***tnotoc

      5) mitered***retiedm

      6) broadcloth***doaolthcrb

      7) stipple***pipltse

      8) polyester***esyortelp

      9) thread***rtahde

      10) counterpane***nuctorenpea

      These people finished last weeks word scramble correctly and sent it back to Terrye first, so they won a free e-pattern! Thanks to everyone who participated and congratulations to the winners!

      Joan Hudson**Dorothy Egeberg**Luella Zinter**Janette Binder**Sue Walker**Victoria Hoeft**Nancy Menninger**Marsha White**Tami Powell**Cassandra Bolen

      Here is another fun word scramble for you to enjoy. The first ten people to send their answers to Terrye correctly, will win an e-pattern. Please only one winner per household. Include your name so we can post them in our newsletter.

      Week 3

      1) hwtpkraco

      2) eebragah

      3) iectnhtys

      4) mtpeltea

      5) zeeerrdicm

      6) doebsmse

      7) eonvw

      8) nyroa

      9) ndrogic

      10) lcaietrymsm

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=wordscramble

      Autograph Series Winner

      Drawn at random, let's give a big congratulations to, (drum roll) DIANE SANDERSON of Clay, New York! She is the first winner of our weekly drawing, during our early bird specials. An Autograph Series set by Kaye Wood, valued at $75, will be shipped to her this week! Make sure you check on Friday for our next lucky winner, it could be you!

      Just Ask Kaye

      Here is another tip submitted by one of our readers regarding ink on a quilt.

      Reading your Q & A in regards to removing the marker ink from a quilt, etc., try soaking the fabric in milk. I used skim and let it soak for a few minutes. Rinsed with cold water. Worked great for me and thought your readers might be interested. Betty

      Thanks for the tip Betty, I'm sure our readers will find it helpful.

      Q: I know what a walking foot for my sewing machine is, however I have never heard of a rolling foot. What is it and is it used for anything besides sewing in the ditch?

      A: A rolling foot is an alternative to an Ultraglide Foot. People use it for more control and less friction when sewing on imitation leather, vinyl, elastic, and velvet.

      Q: I had to move and all my material is packed away in boxes. Some of them I put in storage, in HOT Texas weather. I didn't get climate controlled storage. So my question is, will it hurt the material to stay packed away in boxes, whether in the heat or not, for a long period of time?

      A: As long as the fabric is dry, it shouldn't cause a problem. Don't store it in plastic, as it can't breathe. Pillowcases are good, as are sheets, or even boxes. It will be like Christmas for you when you finally get it all unpacked!

      If you have a question for Kaye, just send it to the link below and we'll try our best to get it answered.

      Did you know that Kaye Wood Inc, offers gift certificates? They make a wonderful present for that hard-to-buy-for quilter we all know and love. Just call the office to order.

      1-800-248-5293

      Did you know we can ship your packages to just about anywhere? With Christmas coming, this is a great option especially if you're traveling or have relatives you can't be with. Just mark it in the ship-to portion of the shopping cart or let your operator know. We're glad to assist you!

      Upcoming Events

      Our events page is getting kind of skimpy. E-mail Terrye with info about your event and she will post it for you!

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=events

      A big thank you goes out to everyone who participated at the event for the Make A Difference Program in Flint, MI. Kaye and the girls had a wonderful time and just loved all the fine people they met and visited with. Way to help "Make A Difference" everyone, great job!

      Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival

      Phoenix, AZ***Arizona State Fairgrounds

      1/26 thru 1/28, 2006

      http://www.rustybarn.com/

      Creative Festival

      Denver, CO

      2/23 thru 2/26, 2006

      http://www.creativefestival.com or 505-323-0025

      Links 4-U

      QNN

      QNN, the only online programming dedicated to quilters. 24/7, you can get your quilting fix at QNN.

      http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com/

      Something New!

      In December we are starting something new called, "Show & Tell". Pick out a quilt you made and send us a non-returnable picture, along with a description in 50 words or less, the story behind your quilt. What inspired you? Was it for a special person or event in your life? Once every two weeks we will feature one in our newsletter and the rest will be on a new page you can link to and check them all out. You can send us your letters to the address below.

      Kaye Wood

      C/O Show & Tell

      If you like crosswords, we have one for you to try. It's all about quilting and I'll even give you a hint, all of the answers appear in our definitions page! You can play it online or download it to your computer. No prize for this, just a whole lot of fun! Check it out.

      Online version:

      http://www.kayewood.com/crosswords_quilting_defs.html

      Print out and solve offline version:

      http://www.kayewood.com/crosswords_quilting_defs_print.html

      Ad Swap

      Quality fabrics, fast and friendly service. Kits, notions, patterns and books Don't miss our Special Sales!

      http://www.alwaysopenquiltshop.com/

      Denise M Jackett

      P.O. Box 393

      Sheboygan, WI 53081

      920-226-1717

      Kaye Wood, Inc., PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at: (800)248-5293, Monday thru Friday, 9-5 p.m., EST

      To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

      Be sure to tell us why you want to unsub, it helps to know what people want and don't want