Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Oct 31, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, October 31st.

      Kaye's Quilting FriendsQuilting and Sewing Newsletter

      Monday, October 31st.***Monday, October 31st.***Monday, October 31st.***Monday, October 31st.***Monday, October 31st.***Monday, October 31st.***Monday, October 31st.***Monday, October 31st.***Monday, October 31st.***Monday, October 31st.***

      Hey everyone, in case I didn't mention it last week, Happy Halloween! I hope you have many treats and very few tricks. For those of you who got snow last week, well I guess the tricking started a little early for you!

      Just to get you fired up this week, let me be the first to tell you. CHRISTMAS is less then 2 months away! Now that I have your attention, let's continue. There's a lot going on here at Kaye Wood's place this week. Today is Halloween, daylight savings time has started, (which really screws me up) and we begin our early bird Christmas sale! If that's not enough, we have a new word scramble, and a brand new thing we're doing called, " Show & Tell"! It keeps getting better and you won't want to miss it, so read on and enjoy!

      To download this newsletter, just click on the link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!***BIG SALE!***CHECK IT OUT!

      Early Bird Christmas Sale!

      Hey everyone, this is the kick off of our early bird Christmas sale! If you've received our newsletter in the past, you know we always have a "Countdown to Christmas" sale through the month of December. Well, this year we're going to do things a little different. This year we're going to have early bird sales throughout the month of November. That way you still have time for gift giving or a few easy projects before Christmas. This is how it will work. Starting Wednesday, November 2nd., you will receive an additional e-mail from us telling you about a great item on sale. Not a whole newsletter, just a little note stating the sale item. You will have till the following Wednesday to order it at the sale price. Then on Friday, Novenber 4th, you will receive another quick note, detailing another item on sale. You will have till the following Friday to order this sale item. So, Monday will be our regular newsletter with it's usual great specials that will run for two weeks, but on Wednesday and Friday, you will receive a note of an additional sale item, that will run for only 1 week. Every week in November, you'll get a chance for 3 great sales! I can't tell you ahead of time what they will be, but I can tell you there will be some great buys you won't want to miss out on, so make sure you're checking them out! Plus, every Friday a subscriber will be drawn at random to win either a $25 gift certificate or an Autograph Series od books by Kaye Wood! Great sales, great give aways, it just doesn't get any better then this! So don't delete those e-mails till you check out the sale item and get in the spirit of Christmas a little earlier!

      New Special***99 cent s/h on these patterns!

      Here, just in time for your Christmas enjoyment, is Santa Time and the Snowman Row! Brought to you by our friends at the Colorado Quilt Design Co., these patterns are everyone's favorites! For the next 2 weeks when you buy one or both of them, your s/h will be only 99 cents, so order today!

      Dress up your home for the holidays with any of the three easy to piece quilts featured in this pattern. The large, fat quarter, friendly quilt measures 62" x 78" and features four Santas, four trees, four stars and four sets of presents along with a double border with stars in the corners. Also included are directions for two smaller quilts.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Also featured for your early winter projects is our popular Snowman Row!

      Easy to piece, the Snowman Row quilt is sewn in seven vertical rows with a combination of eleven snowmen, three trees and fourteen pairs of mittens. Each of the blue, red, gold, and three of the green fabrics, are used in different combinations for the snowmen hats and vests, as well as the mittens. Use your creativity when combining your fabrics together to make a beautiful 62.5" x 80.5" quilt. This pattern also includes directions for a smaller quilt and wall hanging. A fun quilt with easy piecing and applique directions, it works and looks great with your cotton or flannels. Makes a wonderful gift!

      Did You Know?

      Did you know that Kaye Wood offers gift certificates? They make a wonderful present for that hard-to-buy-for quilter we all know and love. Just call the office to order.

      1-800-248-5293

      Did you know we can ship your packages to just about anywhere? With Christmas coming, this is a great option especially if you're traveling or have relatives you can't be with. Just mark it in the ship-to portion of the shopping cart or let your operator know. We're glad to assist you!

      Just For Fun!

      Here is another fun word scramble for you to enjoy. The first ten people to send their answers to Terrye correctly, will win an e-pattern. Please only one winner per household. Include your name so we can post them in our newsletter.

      1) sledene

      2)uipaeqlp

      3) alom

      4) tnotoc

      5) retiedm

      6) doaolthcrb

      7) pipltse

      8) esyortelp

      9) rtahde

      10) nuctorenpea

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=wordscramble

      Word Scramble Winners!

      These people finished last weeks word scramble and sent it back to Terrye toot-sweet, so they won a free e-pattern! Thanks to everyone who participated and congratulations to the winners!

      Linda Robinson, Cindy Luedeman, Jan King, Cindy George, Lana Weller, Ginny McCann, Linda Winton, Nancy Elavsky, Marilyn Keim, H. Saracuse, Deborah StÄlek

      If you like crosswords, we have one for you to try. It's all about quilting and I'll even give you a hint, all of the answers appear in our definitions page! You can play it online or download it to your computer. No prize for this, just a whole lot of fun! Check it out.

      Online version:

      Q: I am working on a project using a reverse applique technique. When the appliques are complete, I am finding it difficult to get all the paper off the back. Is there a real long term problem with allowing the paper to stay in there? Obviously it will not show once the batting and backing are attached to my block.

      K: I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to leave the paper on. There are quite a few older quilts that I know of that still have paper in them. But if you are sewing the paper on, you might try using freezer paper and ironing it on instead.

      Q: I used a washable marker and when I put my quilt in the washer, it still had marks on it. Is it too late to try to do anything besides sew some decorative stitches on it, or should I start a new block that took hours to embroider. Hope you can help.

      K: I have heard but never tried myself, that hairspray is wonderful for getting ink out. You spray it on, then rinse in cold water. Repeat as necessary. People have assured me this is a fool proof method.

      Q: Do you know of any natural way to protect my quilts from moths?

      K: I have heard that the herb southernwood, is a natural way to keep moths away. Maybe your local herb store would have some.

      Upcoming Events

      Bishop Sewing

      Flint, MI

      11/5/05

      To raise money for the Make A Difference Program sponsored by the Flint Community Schools Adult Enrichment Program.

      CALL TO REGISTER--810-760-1141

      Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival

      Phoenix, AZ***Arizona State Fairgrounds

      1/26 thru 1/28, 2006

      http://www.rustybarn.com/

      Creative Festival

      Denver, CO

      2/23 thru 2/26, 2006

      http://www.creativefestival.com or 505-323-0025

      Links 4-U

      QNN

      QNN, the only online programming dedicated to quilters. 24/7, you can get your quilting fix at QNN.

      http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com/

      Something New!

      In December we are starting something new called, "Show & Tell". Pick out a quilt you made and send us a non-returnable picture, along with a description in 50 words or less, the story behind your quilt. What inspired it for you? Was it for a special person or event in your life? Once every two weeks we will feature one in our newsletter and the rest will be on a new page you can link to and check them all out. You can send us your letters to the address below.

      Kaye Wood

      C/O Show & Tell

      Kaye Wood, Inc., PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at: (800)248-5293, Monday thru Friday, 9-5 p.m., EST

      To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

      Be sure to tell us why you want to unsub, it helps to know what people want and don't want!

      Lines and clip art provided by:

      http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/default.htm

      http://www.kidsturncentral.com