Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter - Oct 4, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter - Oct. 4, 2005

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Tuesday October 4th. thru Tuesday October 18th.***Tuesday October 4th. thru Tuesday October 18th.***Tuesday October 4th. thru Tuesday October 18th.***Tuesday October 4th. thru Tuesday October 18th.***Tuesday October 4th. thru Tuesday October 18th.***Tuesday October 4th. thru Tuesday October 18th.***Tuesday October 4th. thru Tuesday October 18th.***

      Due to vacations, there will not be a newsletter next week. All specials will be carried over till the newsletter comes back on October 18th.

      Hey everyone, I hope you're getting a good start to your week. I woke up yesterday morning to the most heavenly sunrise I have seen in a while. Of course I'd probably see more of them if I got up that early more often, but that's another story. The sky was beautiful with streaks of pink, gold and orange, slashing across a back drop of crystal blue and purple. With the beautiful fall leaves in the front, it was breathtaking. It filled me with all kinds of energy and good feelings and I hadn't even had my coffee yet! As you can see the image stuck with me. I hope you enjoy these sunrises from around the country.

      To download this newsletter, just click on the link.

      I don't mean to preach, but once again, it's October. Make that appointment for a breast exam for you or someone you love! Do it! Today!

      Free Project!

      October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and we are pleased to offer a very special project, designed & sewn by Kaye Wood. Kaye designed a quick project featuring Marcus Brothers Pink Ribbon flannel, which is skillfully combined with coordinating Softy flannels by Marcus Brothers, to create a comfy pieced pillow. Click the link for free instructions.

      Check This Out!

      Do you have a special little person in your life? Do you need to come up with an inexpensive way to make a birthday, shower or even Christmas gift? Check out this book and than haul out those scraps. This book is all about children! A child's whimsy, dreams, thoughts and actions, are all caught up in this book by Lynda Howell, When Children Dream . I can't say enough about this book. It includes patterns for sampler quilts, wall hangings, pillows and pictures, all depicting a child's life. The little boy patterns have everything a boy would love, from dinosaurs, snakes and frogs, to airplanes, trains and boats, all in one. The little girl patterns are perfect with everything from hop scotch, jump rope and jacks, to ballet and dress up! All the things little ones dream about and love, are in these patterns. When Children Dream has 28 pages of fun and the paper appliqué templates are included. This is a great way to start a "passing on" tradition in your family and a great way for kids to reminisce about their childhood later on! To check out more about this book, click the link.

      Just two of the many cute projects in this book!

      This special extended till October 18th!!!

      Save on shipping when you order $25 or more!

      For the next two weeks we've got a great shipping special for you! It's very simple and goes like this. When you order $25 to $50 of product, your shipping will be only $1.99. When you order $50 or more of product, your shipping will be free of charge. That's it, couldn't be simpler. Your total price will be adjusted at time of processing. Although we are very sorry, this special is good for US residents only.

      New monthly special!

      Customer Appreciation Days

      With any order you place over the internet, we will include with it, a free item. Now, I can't tell you what it will be, that will be our choice. What I can tell you is that it will have something to do with either quilting or sewing! Bet you didn't see that one coming did you? Of course with every great thing there are a few catches, sorry, it's the way of the world. E-book orders alone will not apply with this special. We have the right and will choose the free item, sorry no exchanges. We love you guys but being a business, we have to try and keep it simple for our bean counters. I can tell you though, no extra charge will be applied to your order. No extra shipping fee will be added, it will be 100% absolutely, FREE. Just because well, we love you guys! So, take advantage this month, let us show our appreciation, you deserve it!

      Just Ask Kaye!

      Q: How do you piece batting together to make a long strip? Do you zigzag it together flat or use a seam?

      K: I think you should overlap and then zig zag. You could butt them together but the zig zag stitch may not catch both edges. It is best to overlap.

      Q: How do you trim a baby quilt with satin?

      K: If you use a wide satin ribbon, fold the ribbon in half, lengthwise, wrong sides together and press. Encase the edge of the quilt inside the folded satin and topstitch.

      Q: How do you make chenille?

      K: You can do this in five easy steps.

      1) Stack 6 pieces of fabric right sides up with the largest piece on the bottom.

      2) Pin the fabric pieces together. With a ruler and a washable fabric marker, draw a diagonal line in the center

      from corner to corner. Continue drawing diagonal lines 3/4" of an inch apart until you have marked the entire

      3) With a sewing machine, stitch along all of the marked diagonal lines.

      4) Using a rotary cutter, cut the center of each row. (Do NOT cut the bottom piece)

      5) Once all of the rows have been cut, machine wash and dry the fabric piece.

      Upcoming Events

      Kaye Wood's 1 day seminar sponsored by the American Sewing Guild

      Holland, MI ***Oct. 8, 2005

      At the Hope College Hayworth Center. Doors open at 8 AM, program begins at 8:30 AM

      The charge is $35.00 and includes lunch. For more info, please call 616-532-5181 evenings after 6 PM and before 10 PM weekdays. (EST)

      To order tickets, please make check or money order out to the American Sewing Guild for $35.00 and send to:

      Joanne Kozarek

      1277 Oakcrest SW

      Wyoming, MI 49509-3882

      If you wish your tickets to be returned to you via mail, please enclose a SASE, and indicate if you need a map. An interpreter for the hearing impaired will be available, please indicate if you need this service, so we can reserve a seat for you.

      Houston, TX, Quilt Market, 10/21-24 2005

      Flint, MI, Mich. Bishop Sewing, 11/5/05

      Free Project!

      Hey everyone, we are again giving you the chance to participate in this free project from none other then Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs! Read on to see what Joan has to say about her free bag project.

      This free pattern was designed after hurricane Katrina hit the gulf coast of the United States. Many people displaced due to the hurricane damage, left their homes with nothing but the clothes on their backs. This tote bag pattern is something simple, that can be made quickly and will give people a place to keep some of the things they begin to accumulate and carry with them.

      Joan Hawley

      Links 4-U

      QNN, the only online programming dedicated to quilters. 24/7, you can get your quilting fix at QNN.

      Ad Swap

      Visit the FAT QUARTER SHOP for the largest online selection of FAT QUARTER BUNDLES, FREE QUILT PATTERNS & ORIGINAL QUILT KITS. Sign up for our FREE QUILTING NEWSLETTER to be eligible for a FREE $30 Gift Certificate monthly! FREE US Shipping on orders over $200!

      Link to the FAT QUARTER SHOP.

      The link to our newsletter.

      To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      Be sure to tell us why you want to unsub, it helps to know what people want and don't want!

      Mailing address: Kaye Wood, Inc., PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at: (800)248-5293, Monday thru Friday, 9-5 p.m., EST