Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Sept 7, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2005
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter. Sept. 7, 2005

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Wednesday, September 7th.***Wednesday, September 7th.***Wednesday, September 7th.***Wednesday, September 7th.***Wednesday, September 7th.***Wednesday, September 7th.***Wednesday, September 7th.***Wednesday, September 7th.***Wednesday, September 7th.***Wednesday, September 7th.***Wednesday, September 7th.***Wednesday, September 7th.***Wednesday, September 7th.***Wednesday, September 7th.***Wednesday, September 7th.***

      Hey everyone! As you can see by the picture, it's getting to be that time of the year already. Labor Day is gone and now fall can settle in. I'm very excited since it's my favorite season. There is nothing better then taking a walk on a cool, crisp fall day. The smell of the clean, fresh air and the sound of dried leaves crunching under your feet, is something everyone should enjoy at least once in their lifetime. It's like a painter's palette as the beautiful green leaves of summer slowly give way to the yellow, brown, gold and orange that dominate this time of year. If ever you needed inspiration for a quilt, I think fall is where it's at! So take a look around, be creative, be inspired and just let it flow! You might be surprised where it takes you!

      To download this newsletter, just click on the link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      You Can Help!

      I'm sure you have seen the devastation in our southern states. The Red Cross is taking just about anything in the way of donations. For more info on how to help, check out the Red Cross website.

      Also, we are encouraging everyone to join Karey Bresenhan of Quilts, Inc., promoter of the Houston Quilt Festival, in offering aid to the thousands of people in crisis from Hurricane Katrina. Please visit the link below to see how you can help.

      Just in time for fall is the Autumn Splendor table runner! Just think how beautiful this would look on your table at home! The perfect blend of fall colors, will definitely put you in the fall mood! Easy to do, with the Sew Easy Triangles, it would make a wonderful gift for your friends or yourself! Keep reading for more information on the Sew Easy Triangles.

      What are sew easy triangles and how do they work? Sew Easy Triangles are a printed grid on fusible paper that enables the sewer to make precise half-square triangles, quarter-square triangles, and reversible prairie points. Sandwich two fabrics right sides together, and fuse a page of Sew Easy Triangle paper in place with a hot dry iron, no pinning is necessary! Stitch on the dotted sewing lines (no marking is necessary), cut on the cutting lines, peel the paper, and press open. No squaring up! Your triangles are ready to go into a project. Sew Easy Triangles can be used with any pattern, but you will need to know the finished size of the triangle units you will be making (size without seam allowances added on). Click the link for more information.

      http://www.kayewood.com/onlinecat/k1712.html

      Last week for this great special!

      We have two fantastic books for you this week that you really need to check out! If you are a lover of jeans, particularly junk jeans, then these are for you!

      How many of you have old jeans and don't know what to do with them? Don't you dare throw them out, because I have the answer! Recycle, recycle, recycle. As in the Junk-Jeans Recycled book and the Junk-Jeans Eazy Quilts & Wall hangings by Luveta Nickels, both for $30! That is $10 off the retail price and you won't believe the fun you'll have! These books are filled with ideas on what to do with your junk jeans! They range from home decor to purses, kids stuff and Christmas projects in the Junk Jeans Recycled, to quilts, wall hangings, pillows and Christmas projects, in Easy Quilts & Wall Hangings! Filled with foolproof finishes and time saving techniques, you won't believe what you can do with those jeans, or as Luveta says, "This is the last chance for your pants"! Don't wait, because this is a great offer, so order today!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Both Junk Jeans books for $30 plus s/h.

      Click the link for peek pages of Junk Jeans Recycled.

      http://www.kayewood.com/peekpages/kqf307peek.html

      Click the link for peek pages of Junk Jean Eazy Quilts & Wall Hangings.

      http://www.kayewood.com/peekpages/jjeqpeek.html

      September means a new monthly special!

      September is here already and with that comes a new monthly special! Hot off the press is Kaye's new pattern called Pinwheel Hearts and you are just going to love it! Comes with directions and fabric requirements for twin to king size quilts and uses Kaye's View & Do Heart Shape. In honor of this new pattern, whenever you buy a View & Do Heart Shape this month, you can get the new Pinwheel Hearts pattern for half price! That's right, buy the shape and the pattern is only $4! Check it out, but don't wait too long, the months have been going by quick!

      Buy the shape and get the new pattern for half price!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Ad Swap***Fat Quarter Shop

      Visit the FAT QUARTER SHOP for the largest online selection of fat quarter bundles, free quilt patterns & original quilt kits.Sign up for their free quilting newsletter to be eligible for a free $30 Gift Certificate (from Fat Quarter Shop)! Free US Shipping on orders over $200! Check it out by clicking the link.

      http://www.fatquartershop.com/

      To sign up for their free newsletter, click this link.

      http://www.fatquartershop.com/newsletter.asp

      Just Ask Kaye Wood!

      Q: I love the rolling idea with the wire baskets to separate your colors. But what do you do with those prints on white background, the all over different color, or the holiday ones?

      A: Seasonal prints go all together, otherwise, I use the most prominent color or the background color and put them in the corresponding bin. You could create your crazy bin too, for all those off beat fabrics. The main thing is to have a system that works for you.

      Q: I want to know why my wallhangings are always lumpy? I use good fabric and cotton batting and still get a lumpy look.

      A: Without seeing it, it's hard to say why it's like that. I can suggest that you be sure to use bonded or needlepunch batting and put in lots of quilting stitches.

      Q: When a cutting board is warped, is there any way to restore it to it's flat state? Also, what is the easiest and best way to store them to avoid warping?

      A: The only thing you can do that I know, is to lay it flat on top of a dryer or out in the hot sun, with something heavy covering the whole top of it. They really need to be stored flat, this is a must. Try under the bed or couch, and keep it covered to prevent dust and dirt from getting on it.

      New Events

      Make it Myself Expo by PBS 45 & 49

      Sept. 9-11, 2005

      John S. Knight Center**Akron, OH

      1-800-554-4549

      An exciting and unique weekend of creativity and fun for sewing and arts & crafts enthusiasts. Featuring 70 hands-on workshops, many with Public TV's how-to experts, combined with a free consumer show.

      http://www.ch4549.org/expo/index.htm

      Everything Quilting and Sewing Expo

      St Charles, MO

      Sept. 14-17, 2005

      Call 1-800-473-9464 or check it out at:

      http://www.roundbobbin.com

      The American Sewing Expo

      Novi, MI

      Sept. 30-Oct. 2, 2005

      http://www.americansewingexpo.com

      248-889-3111 or Fax: 248-887-6020

      ***Kaye's Love Quilt Connection is coming to Novi!***

      Kaye Wood's 1 day seminar sponsored by the American Sewing Guild

      Oct. 8, 2005

      At the Hope College Hayworth Center. Doors open at 8 AM, program begins at 8:30 AM

      The charge is $35.00 and includes lunch.

      To order tickets:

      Please make check or money order out to the American Sewing Guild for $35.00 and send to:

      Joanne Kozarek

      1277 Oakcrest SW

      Wyoming, MI 49509-3882

      If you wish your tickets to be returned to you via mail, please enclose a SASE, also indicate if you need a map.

      An interpreter for the hearing impaired will be available, please indicate if you need this service, so we can reserve a seat for you.

      For more info, please call 616-532-5181 evenings after 6 PM and before 10 PM weekdays. (EST)

      Kaye Wood is proud to be a sponsor of this brand new event put on by Marcus Brothers!

      Introducing: GUILD CHALLENGE 2005/2006

      Benefiting Children's Charities through the Art of Quilting

      "Because we appreciate the generous nature of quilt guilds, and their willingness to share their talents, we've designed our first challenge as a celebration of creativity as well as community service. . .plus, of course, the chance to win lots of FREE FABRIC!!!"

      For complete information on this wonderful event, please click on the link.

      http://www.marcusbrothers.com/features/guild_connection/index.html

      Links 4-U

      QNN, the only online programming dedicated to quilters. 24/7, you can get your quilting fix at QNN.

      http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com/

      To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

      Be sure to tell us why you want to unsub, it helps to know what people want and don't want!

      Mailing address: Kaye Wood, Inc., PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at: (800)248-5293, Monday thru Friday, 9-5 p.m., EST