Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter - Tuesday, July 19, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2005
      Kaye's Quilting and Sewing Online Newsletter, Tuesday, July 19, 2005

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Tuesday, July 19th, 2005***Tuesday, July 19th, 2005***Tuesday, July 19th, 2005***Tuesday, July 19th, 2005***Tuesday, July 19th, 2005***Tuesday, July 19th, 2005***

      Hey everyone! I have one little word for you this week...! It has been a scorcher here in Northern Michigan for weeks now! The kind of heat and humidity that makes you sweat just by breathing. My philosophy is if it's going to be this hot, we might as well be on a beautiful island, enjoying it! But, alas, it's only in my dreams! So, since we can't be there, I think you should fix a big pitcher of lemonade, turn on a big fan, and settle yourself in front of the sewing machine to finish some of those projects you haven't had time for. Not feeling that ambitious? You can always find the latest Kaye's Quilting Friends program on PBS, BYU or QNN, for guaranteed enjoyment! Stay cool!

      Specials

      Have you ever had a quilt or project that you thought would look good with a certain shade of fabric, but couldn't find the right color? Maybe you had a certain design in your mind and once again, you couldn't find it. Well, with this book you have no more excuses. Join well known quilter and fabric designer Cindy Walter along with the founder of Fabrics To Dye For, Jennifer Priestley, as they open you to a new world of dyeing and painting fabrics! This book has over 100 inspiring photos, instructions for 20 different techniques of dyeing and painting fabric, along with full-size patterns for unique fabric projects. Also learn about the different dyes and how they react and what types of paints to use with what fabrics. From immersion dyeing to splatter painting, it has a wealth of information that includes basic painting techniques, supply lists and much more. We offer this book everyday for $19.95 in our catalog. If you buy it during the next week, you can have it for $12.95 plus s/h!

      Also on sale is the Exciter Paint Packs for $9.99, which is $3 off our regular retail price. There are 9 colors to choose from all hand picked by Cindy Walter, to go with the projects in this book. 3 Lumiere, 3 Dye-Na-Flow and 3 Traditional, have all the wonderful colors you'll need, to complete your dyeing and painting mission. So let your imagination come alive as you create your own specialty fabrics in the colors and patterns you create! This special is for 1 more week, so order now!

      As an added bonus, for the people who appreciate a visual aid, you can get either a VHS or DVD of the show for only $12.00! Regularly priced at $18.00, you can save an additional $6!

      All of these great specials and they only last for another week, so order now!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Monthly Sale

      If it's too hot to garden for flowers, here is a good alternative. Fast Folded Flowers, to be exact, at an excellent savings to you. Regularly priced at $21.95 you can get this book for the rest of July for only $14.95. Make your home bloom with these perfect bouquets! Laura Farson shows you how easy it is to create beautiful, curvy-petaled flowers using nothing more than a rotary cutter, ruler and sewing machine. Seventeen projects in all for quick and easy home decor, seasonal and holiday gift items galore. This book is fully illustrated with detailed color photographs and twelve simple, timesaving techniques for easy rotary cutting and assembly. Paper templates are included, although we do suggest and have available, Laura's Hexagon/Triangle Acrylic Template for $18.99. So burst into summer and spread flowers throughout your home with Fast Folded Flowers, on sale for the rest of July only. VHS or DVD of the show available for $12.00.

      We've decided to start show casing a different product each newsletter, that you might not realize we have. It's for sure been shown on Kaye's Quilting Friends, but of course, not everyone can get Kaye's show. So check for a new product each week, to see some new and fun ideas!

      This week we have Delightful Diva Designs by Karen Boutte'. Join Karen as she teaches you how to make wonderful story jackets and vests! Your fondest memories can be remembered and cherished forever, whenever you put on your jacket or vest! A wonderful gift to start for generations to come, so they too can remember a special story or event! It couldn't be easier, and best of all, it starts with just a sweatshirt. Just click the link to check out the peek pages in this wonderful book!

      Your source for over 700 top quality fabrics to choose from! Absolutely the lowest prices anywhere! We also carry a fine supply of books, magazines, notions, patterns and gifts. Need it gift wrapped? Just request it in the mailing instructions, we love to wrap! Free drawings, newsletter sign-up, quilts for sale and challenges. Just click on the link and check us out!

      http://www.bighornquilts.com/

      What's New?

      Kaye's Quilting Friends back on KBYU!

      As of July 1st, KBYU will be showing Kaye's Quilting Friends 1700 series! Click the link for scheduling!

      http://www.byutv.org

      Survey Results-Top 3 other interest for our readers!

      1) Reading was by far the leading favorite.

      2) Gardening, flower and vegetable, and knitting and crocheting were pretty much tied for second.

      3) Spending time with family and friends.

      Some other favorites were:

      Cooking and food crafts, scrap booking, paper crafts, travel, photography, needle arts, animals and playing on the computer.

      We found some of these other ones a bit interesting.

      Chocolate, Ukranian egg decorating, work, collecting, (including one who was looking for a husband), clubs, (Red Hat was mentioned a few times), and just about any activity/sport, indoors or out! Whew! We now know our groups are a very versatile, multi-talented, interesting bunch! Thanks to everyone who participated!

      QNN creates a stir!

      I hope you have had the chance to check out the new QNN! The feedback we've gotten is fantastic! Quilting and sewing shows 24/7 with just the click of a mouse! Here are some of the shows currently in the line up.

      Kaye's Quilting Friends***Quilter's Toobox***Quilting with Shar***Quilting From The Heartland***Friends In The Bee***Perfecting Patchwork***Fons & Porter***Quilt In A Day***Quilter's Coffee***Quilter's Tea

      You can check out QNN and your favorite programs by clicking the provided link.

      http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com/

      Attention Michigan Quilters

      We want you to join us for the Sail and Strip event hosted by Suze's Stitch'n and Kaye Wood.

      Houghton Lake , Michigan

      July 23rd, 2005

      $45.00 ticket price includes: Lunch and Kaye Wood Lecture

      Boat departs at 12:30 pm and docks back at 3:00 pm.

      Take a 2 1/2 hour boat cruise on Houghton Lake , Michigan while Kaye Wood shares her quilting expertise with you.

      For more information contact Suze's Stitch'n at 989-366-5252

      Click the link to check out other events Kaye will be attending. She could be coming to your town soon!

      Useful Information

      Have you ever thought about being a quilt appraiser? Did you know AQS offers a certification program for this? For more information or to request an application for certification testing, write to the address below.

      AQS Appraiser Certification Program

      PO Box 3290

      Paducah, KY 42002-3290

      Displaying your quilts.

      Quilts are visually pleasing, but it is important to be aware of what is best for the conservation of the quilt.

      Keep quilts out of direct or indirect sunlight or strong artificial light. Florescent lights can cause color fading.

      If quilts are displayed on wood or on abrasive walls, protect the back of the quilt by covering the wall surface or lining the back of the quilt.

      Quilts should not be displayed where they will be exposed to odors and harmful moisture.

      Quilts should not be displayed where they can be easily handled.

      *Information provided by AQS

      http://www.kayewood.com/forums http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/8058/index.cgi

      Mailing address: Kaye Wood, Inc., PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661

      1-800-248-KAYE(5293)