Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter. May 24, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , May 24 11:40 AM

      *Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter*

      Well, up here in Northern Michigan, winter seems to have relinquished it's hold on the land, however our ever tempermental lakes still argue over whether it should rain or shine. The wildflowers are blooming in the woods, the green is returning to the trees and fields and the tractors are peeking their way out of the barns. Spring is one of my favorite seasons, just to get my hands in the dirt and plant some flowers. We're not at our frost date yet so the tomatoes and peppers are still patiently sitting in the greenhouse. Read on...

      Bi-weekly Special

      For the next two weeks we are featuring a wonderful group of tools by Kaye Wood. If you're not familiar with Kaye's View & Do shapes, now is a good time to start, because our special is this:

      Complete your View & Do Shape set, any shape $10.

      Kaye's View & Do line comes in 5 popular shapes. A hexagon, octagon, circle, heart and her latest the diamond. Each shape has 4 removable pieces which allow you to make 2, 4, 6 and 8 inch sized pieces. Great for fussy cutting, each template allows you to view your fabric in a multitude of shapes and sizes. No guess work and no ripping out stitches, because you know how it will look before you cut it! Ideal for rotary cutting, you'll find yourself using your shapes in a multitude of ways from sewing and quilting, to scrap booking and many other crafts! So check your stock, see which shape or shapes you need to complete or start your set. At $5 off each shape, it couldn't be a better time to do it, order today!

      This month we have a great notion offer, I think you're really going to like. For all of May, anytime you spend $29.99 or more on your order, before s/h, we will send you a FREE package of Static Stickers! This is a $6 value and you couldn't ask for a better notion.

      Static Stickers come in a package of 2-8 1/2 x 11 inch sheets. You just cut a small piece with your rotary cutter or scissors, take off the backing and stick it to your ruler or template. The bright, pink color makes it easy to spot time and again, but it is totally transparent and totally reusable! Your measurement is marked for the duration of your project! Static Stickers peel off easily and never leave a sticky residue! So place your order today and receive your free Static Stickers!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Where In The World Is Kaye?

      Kaye's off to Wisconsin after a short vacation. Hmmm, a vacation after a cruise! How does that work??? Anyway, you can get a program schedule for the Wisconsin show below.

      Go here for a program. There will be classes, demos and workshops, vendors and door prizes. Lots of Fun!

      http://www.swtc.edu/about/events/Sewing_Expo2005.pdf

      Fennimore, Wisconsin

      Southwest Wisconsin Technological College

      6/3/05 - 6/4/05

      E-mail: jkilian@...

      Cincinnati, OH

      Sew & Quilt Craft Expo***6/24/05 thru 6/26/05

      Sew, Quilt and Craft Expo

      Houghton Lake, MI

      Lunch Boat Seminar***7/23/05***Suze's Stitchin'

      989-366-5252

      suze@...

      St Charles, MO

      American Quilter's Society***9/15/05 thru 9/17/05

      1-800-473-9464

      AQS

      Novi, MI

      The American Sewing Expo*** 9/30/05 thru 10/2/05

      Phone: 248-889-3111*** Fax: 248-887-6020

      http://www.americansewingexpo.com

      *Kaye's Love Quilt Connection will be featured!*

      Holland, MI

      The American Sewing Guild***10/8/05

      Kaye Wood will appear here for a 1 day seminar sponsored by the American Sewing Guild.

      To check out more scheduled events for Kaye, just click on the link below.

      Quilter's News Network continues to grow by leaps and bounds! Here's what you may need to know:

      Right now on QNN you will find several quilting shows repeated throughout the day but new shows will be added to the lineup daily. They will be having a Quilter's News, just like a regular news broadcast, but totally about the quilting world. From there they will add two more daily shows, Quilter's Coffee and Quilter's Tea. Quilter's Coffee will be a showcase for designers to introduce new and exciting items, directly to you! Quilter's Tea, introduces new products all the time and shows you exactly how it works! These 3 along with different quilting shows all day and night, make it a very exciting time for quilters around the world. For the first time, you can have access to a quilting, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! For people with broadband, cable or DSL, it will appear as streaming video. If you have a dial up connection, it will appear spotty and somewhat hard to view, although the sound is fine to hear everything that is broadcast on the show playing. Also, the quality of what you are seeing and hearing has a lot to do with your computer and the settings in your browser. They actually have a help button on the sight to check your settings for maximum viewing pleasure. The main thing they want you to know is that this is NOT a web site or video on demand. It is a television network broadcast on the internet. It is and will be interactive and fresh recorded new shows will be on all the time. Live broadcast will be done from time to time. So don't be left out of the loop! You can get in on the ground floor of the best technology to come to quilters in years! Spread the word and we'll help to make this a great success! Check out QNN by clicking the link below.

      http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com/

      Kaye's latest pattern is creating a stir! If you haven't had a chance, click on the link and enter, "Hearts in Bloom" in the search box to check it out!

      http://www.kayewood.com/index.html

      A lot of people has been asking for it so here it is again, the link to the message board.

      http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/8058/index.cgi

      Kaye's next cruise will be to Alaska in May 2006. Click the link below for more info.

      http://www.kayewood.com/cruise.html

      Links

      For links to some useful information found on our web site, click here:

      http://www.kayewood.com/funlinks.html

      Finale

      That's all for this week,

      If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to let us know. We're always looking for new ideas and areas of interest. Some we can use, others we can't, but at least it helps to give us an idea. Just click the link below and thanks!

      e-mail: terrye@...

      Copyright 2005 Kaye Wood, Inc.

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at: (800)248-5293, Monday -- Friday, 9-5 p.m., EST.

      Mailing address:

      Kaye Wood, Inc.

      PO Box 456

      West Branch , MI 48661