KayeWood.com Newsletter Week of July 24, 2014 - Beaches and BBQ, Summer and Surfing, Picnics and Pipers! Plus a FR** Ebook, New Patterns and Sewing Bindings!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2014

      Today at the Cabin:

      Whew! Summer is so crazy busy on the farm, canning season has started and gardening isn't done yet. Raspberries and blackberries are coming on, those are frozen until cooler, less busy days of fall and winter, and then jam is made. Plans for the winter garden have begun, should be able to have greens and root crops all winter long, just have to get the greenhouse ready.

      Quilting and knitting projects have taken a back seat to food prep for winter. There are only egg laying chickens here right now, that's a big time saver. And, plans are to put in a root cellar. Yeah, that one might not get done!

      Getting lots of bike riding in during these long summer days, although rain gear and leathers are still necessary. The leaves are changing. Wait. What??? Yes, the leaves are starting to put on their gorgeous fall colors. I know, I know, it's only middle of July, but up here our summer is so short, good thing the days are long........

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/pfa-eaglemed.jpg

      Eagle Pattern

      New in the Shop HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/wb-boppityboomed.jpg

      Boppity Boo Quilt Applique Book

      New in the Shop HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ne-anywhichwaymed.jpg

      Any Which Way Quilt Pattern

      New in the Shop HERE

      This week, on our sale page, We are featuring Beach, BBQ, Picnic and Various Summer Themed Quilt, Wallhanging, Home Dec and Bag patterns. Hurt and clearance items too.

      Remember.... orders over $50.00 are fr** shipping (US only, sorry)

      Go HERE for all of our sale, hurt and clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our New Page too!

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ssq-outtoseamed.jpg

      Out To Sea Quilt Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/lbq-picnictimemed.jpg

      Picnic Time Quilt Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/tr-modgeocruisermed.jpg

      Mod Geo Cruiser Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/psb-tahoetotemed.jpg

      Tahoe Tote Bag Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hbj-crabtwistmed.jpg

      Crab Twister Quilt Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ql-beachesmed.jpg

      Accidental Landscapes - Beaches Quilt Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/kc-batikwavesmed.jpg

      Batik Waves Quilt Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/qaf-sosumed.jpg

      Soaring Surf Tabletopper Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/mm-jarsofclaymed.jpg

      Jars of Clay The Spirit Within Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/mm-gearsmed.jpg

      Gears Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ssq-overeasyalt1.jpg

      Over East Series of Patterns

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/jk-poinsettialg.jpg

      Poinsettia Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      Easy Paper Piecing by Janice Pope of Anything But Boring

      on our YouTube Channel

      HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/kwtv_easy_half_square_trian.jpg

      This Week in History, July 24-30....

      Jul 24, 1911 - Machu Picchu discovered

      Jul 25, 1978 - World's First Test Tube Baby Born

      Jul 26, 1775 - U.S. postal system established

      Jul 27, 1974 - House begins impeachment of Nixon

      Jul 28, 1868 - 14th Amendment adopted

      Jul 29, 1958 - NASA created

      Jul 30, 1965 - Johnson signs Medicare into law

      http://www.kayewood.com/37.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/2012-12-19-19.07.07.jpg

      Reader's Show and Tell....

      I made two of these quilts for a church member. They are her husbands neckties (some bought off of ebay). They gave one to each adult child for Christmas. I used around both ends of 160 ties; even had to make ties from the center of ties for some of them. For the middle of each Dresden plate use part of the ties......CL

      Send me pictures of your creations and we'll put them here and on our Show and Tell Page.

      On Sale This Week....

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ssq-outtoseamed.jpg

      Out To Sea Wallhanging Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ssq-downatthedockmed.jpg

      Down at the Dock Wallhanging Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ssq-harborlightmed.jpg

      Harbor Light Wallhanging Pattern

      HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ssq-sandpipersonparadelg.jpg

      Sandpipers on Parade Wallhanging Pattern

      HERE

      Put them all together for an incredible Nautical themed wallhanging!

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ssq-overeasyalt1.jpg

      FR** Pattern....

      Starmaker Design Concepts EBook

      HERE

      16 pages

      This is the book you need to compliment your Starmaker tools. A chapter devoted to each one, this technique book will show you how to use your tools to their fullest potential. Over 140 designs and shapes to help perfect your quilting skills.

      Get your Starmaker Master Templates HERE

      Or save money and get the entire set, complete with 70 minute DVD HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/kwdc1big.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/summertotebig.jpg

      DVD of the Week....

      Summer Tote Bag Pattern and DVD

      Whether you use it as a carry all for beach gear, or a wonderful "hold all" purse, you won't forget anything in this roomy tote. With 6 outside pockets and up to 4 lined inside pockets, there's a place for everything to keep everything in it's place. Any standard zipper will work and using Lazy Girl's trademark, "No Fear" technique for putting in zippers, the process will be a breeze. Need a sturdy base for your Summer Tote? Choose Bag-E-Bottoms Size D (sold separately).

      DVD and Pattern are on sale this week, HERE

      List Your Event....

      Kaye Wood's 14 Day Quilting Cruise to Hawaii - Nov 28-Dec 13, 2015, kaye@... http://www.kayewood.com/Hawaiian_Quilting_Cruise.pdf

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/jk-pumpkinvinemed.jpg

      Pumpkin Vine Wallhanging Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/jbq-sciencefairmed.jpg

      Science Fair Quilt Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/zp-staugustinemed.jpg

      St Augustine, FL Lighthouse Quilt Pattern

      Our daily Facebook Deals are better and better every day. Different deals each day and they're all on our sale page Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/tiger-med.jpg

      Flower Of The Month For July....

      Tiger Lily Pattern

      Click on More Details to watch this technique.

      More Details

      This Week on our YouTube Channel....

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is making Dandelion Wine....Follow us....

      http://www.kayewood.com/twitter_dandelions.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/pinterest.jpg

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out our Sweet Seasons Quilts At KayeWood.com Board on our Pinterest Site

      HERE

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!

      http://www.kayewood.com/nmlwf.jpg

      Welcome to the 15th Annual Northern Michigan Lamb & Wool Festival - September 27 & 28, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/qsclogo.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/quilt_qua_new.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/34.jpg

      Have a Great Week! And, if you have a passion, get out and enjoy it!

      Terrye and Kita

      Questions? Email Us!

      KayeWood.com Copyright 2014