Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter. May 10, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10 11:07 AM
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter Tuesday, May 10th.

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Tuesday, May 10th.***Tuesday, May 10th.***Tuesday, May 10th.***Tuesday, May 10th.***Tuesday, May 10th.***Tuesday, May 10th.***Tuesday, May 10th.***Tuesday, May 10th.***Tuesday, May 10th.***Tuesday, May 10th.***

      Hey everyone! I know I'm a little behind, but I still want to wish all of you Mom's out there, a Happy Mother's Day! I had a wonderful day, starting out with a great breakfast in bed from my beautiful 10 year old daughter! If only every day was Mother's Day, or at least once a month! Anyway, in honor of all of you Mom's, thank you, for just being you!

      Bi-weekly Special

      This is the last week to take advantage of our special on the Square Knot pattern! Order now and your s/h for this pattern will be only 99 cents!

      The Square Knot pattern is one of the simplest, NO SEW, patterns available! Just make your blocks, cut your fringe and start tying! You can take this quilt with you anyplace to work on it because you don't have to bother with a sewing machine, needle or thread! So relaxing and fun to do, you can watch your favorite TV show and still get a quilt done! Try all different kinds of color schemes to get a crazy, wild look each and every time! Also included is a BONUS project to use up the left over pieces called the Not So Square Knot Quilt! Anyway you look at it, it spells fun, fun, fun and for the next week only, your s/h for this pattern, will be 99 cents! Time goes by quickly, so order today!

      All prices will be adjusted in the office at the time of processing.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Buy the Square Knot pattern and your s/h for this pattern will be 99 cents!

      Monthly Special

      This month we have a great notion offer, I think you're really going to like. For all of May, anytime you spend $29.99 or more on your order, before s/h, we will send you a FREE package of Static Stickers! This is a $6 value and you couldn't ask for a better notion.

      Static Stickers come in a package of 2-8 1/2 x 11 inch sheets. You just cut a small piece with your rotary cutter or scissors, take off the backing and stick it to your ruler or template. The bright, pink color makes it easy to spot time and again, but it is totally transparent and totally reusable! Your measurement is marked for the duration of your project! Static Stickers peel off easily and never leave a sticky residue! So place your order today and receive your free Static Stickers!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Questions and Answers with Kaye

      Q: What does "straight" mean when cutting fabric.

      K: "Straight" means that the cut is perpendicular to the fold of the fabric.

      Q: What is the "rule-of-thumb" to estimate the amount of shrinkage of a quilt.

      K: Some fabric will shrink and some will not. The shrinkage will depend on the batting. A very thin batting will shrink very little. Just check the instructions on the batting to see if it should be pre- washed or not. That should save a lot of guess work.

      Q: Is there a measure on how much fabric is actually needed to make a certain sized quilt?

      K: For the quilt top it measures like this: Twin-6 yds., Full-8 yds., Queen-10 yds., and King-12 yds. Now mind you, these are estimations based on the quilts that I have made. I'm sure other people will have different measurements.

      Where In The World Is Kaye?

      Well, by this time, Kaye and the girls ought to be on the big boat cruising the Caribbean! Hope they have a great time and come back tanned and ready to go!

      Caribbean-Quilting Cruise

      Round Bobbin Quilting Cruise***5/8/05-5/15-05

      Caroline's Sewing Room***5/21/05

      1-989-345-9180

      Grand re-opening!

      Fennimore,Wisconsin

      Southwest Wisconsin Technological College

      6/3/05 - 6/4/05

      Free program schedule available after April 1st.

      E-mail: jkilian@...

      Cincinnati, OH

      Sew & Quilt Craft Expo***6/24/05 thru 6/26/05

      Sew, Quilt and Craft Expo

      Houghton Lake, MI

      Lunch Boat Seminar***7/23/05***Suze's Stitchin'

      989-366-5252

      suze@...

      St Charles, MO

      American Quilter's Society***9/15/05 thru 9/17/05

      1-800-473-9464

      AQS

      To check out more scheduled events for Kaye, just click on the link below.

      Ad Swap

      Alright everyone, here is the information I promised about the all new QNN-Quilter's News Network! I have to tell you, it's a huge hit already and I strongly encourage you to check it out! Here's what you need to know.

      Right now on QNN you will find several quilting shows repeated throughout the day but new shows will be added to the lineup daily. They will be having a Quilter's News, just like a regular news broadcast, but totally about the quilting world. From there they will add two more daily shows, Quilter's Coffee and Quilter's Tea. Quilter's Coffee will be a showcase for designers to introduce new and exciting items, directly to you! Quilter's Tea, introduces new products all the time and shows you exactly how it works! These 3 along with different quilting shows all day and night, make it a very exciting time for quilters around the world. For the first time, you can have access to a quilting, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!For people with broadband, cable or DSL, it will appear as streaming video. If you have a dial up connection, it will appear spotty and somewhat hard to view, although the sound is fine to hear everything that is broadcast on the show playing. Also, the quality of what you are seeing and hearing has a lot to do with your computer and the settings in your browser. They actually have a help button on the sight to check your settings for maximum viewing pleasure. The main thing they want you to know is that this is NOT a web site or video on demand. It is a television network broadcast on the internet. It is and will be interactive and fresh recorded new shows will be on all the time. Live broadcast will be done from time to time. Just over the weekend alone, it launched Friday night, there were over 20,000 visitors to the all new QNN! So don't be left out of the loop! You can get in on the ground floor of the best technology to come to quilters in years! Spread the word and we'll help to make this a great success! Check out QNN by clicking the link below.

      http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com/

      Kaye's latest pattern is creating a stir! If you haven't had a chance, click on the link and enter, "Hearts in Bloom" in the search box to check it out!

      http://www.kayewood.com/index.html

      A lot of people has been asking for it so here it is again, the link to the message board.

      http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/8058/index.cgi

      Kaye's next cruise will be to Alaska in May 2006. Click the link below for more info.

      http://www.kayewood.com/cruise.html

      Links

      For links to some useful information found on our web site, click here:

      www.kayewood.com/funlinks.html

      If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to let us know. We're always looking for new ideas and areas of interest. Some we can use, others we can't, but at least it helps to give us an idea. Just click the link below and thanks!

      e-mail: terrye@...

      Copyright 2005 Kaye Wood, Inc.

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at (800) 248-5293, Monday -- Friday, 9-5 p.m., EST.

      Mailing address:

      Kaye Wood, Inc.

      © 2005 Kaye Wood, Inc.