Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter, May 3, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2005
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Online Newsletter, May 3rd.

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Tuesday, May 3rd.***Tuesday, May 3rd.***Tuesday, May 3rd.***Tuesday, May 3rd.***Tuesday, May 3rd.***vTuesday, May 3rd.***Tuesday, May 3rd.***Tuesday, May 3rd.***Tuesday, May 3rd.***Tuesday, May 3rd.***Tuesday, May 3rd.***Tuesday, May 3rd.***Tuesday, May 3rd.***Tuesday, May 3rd.***Tuesday, May 3rd.***Tuesday, May 3rd.***

      Hey everyone! I have to ask, don't you just hate it when it's only Monday and you're already wishing for Friday? It really makes for a long week when that happens! I think we just need a few days of good old fashioned sunshine to perk us up.

      In case you hadn't noticed, we have a lot of palm trees kicking this week. This is honor of the fact that Kaye and a few other lucky girls, are leaving this weekend for the Round Bobbin Quilt Cruise! I wish them all a great, fantastic trip and maybe they can bring a little of that sunshine and warmth back with them. We'll just have to wait and see! Have fun girls!

      Bi-weekly Special

      For the next two weeks, we have a pattern you are just going to love! It's very affordable and when you purchase it now, your s/h will be only 99 cents!

      The Square Knot pattern is one of the simplest, NO SEW, patterns available! Just make your blocks, cut your fringe and start tying! You can take this quilt with you anyplace to work on it because you don't have to bother with a sewing machine, needle or thread! So relaxing and fun to do, you can watch your favorite TV show and still get a quilt done! Try all different kinds of color schemes to get a crazy, wild look each and every time! Also included is a BONUS project to use up the left over pieces called the Not So Square Knot Quilt! Anyway you look at it, it spells fun, fun, fun and now, if you order in the next two weeks, your s/h for this pattern, will be 99 cents! Time goes by quickly, so order today!

      All prices will be adjusted in the office at the time of processing.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Buy the Square Knot pattern and your s/h for this pattern will be 99 cents!

      Monthly Special

      This month we have a great notion offer I think you're really going to like. For all of May, anytime you spend $29.99 or more on your order, before s/h, we will send you a FREE package of Static Stickers! This is a $6 value and you couldn't ask for a better notion.

      Static Stickers come in a package of 2-8 1/2 x 11 inch sheets. You just cut a small piece with your rotary cutter or scissors, take off the backing and stick it to your ruler or template. The bright, pink color makes it easy to spot time and again, but it is totally transparent and totally reusable! Your measurement is marked for the duration of your project! Static Stickers peel off easily and never leave a sticky residue! So place your order today and receive your free Static Stickers!

      Questions and Answers with Kaye

      Q: This may sound silly but I hear the term, "fussy cut" a lot, and I don't know what it is. Can you give me a little in-sight?

      K: When you fussy cut, what you are doing is centering a certain design or pattern in a shape. With any of my View & Do Shapes, they come apart and nest inside each other. That way you can see what the design will look like in different sizes of that shape, before you cut your fabric. It saves time and a lot of fabric doing it this way.

      Q: Is it alright to use two pieces of fabric to back a quilt?

      K: You can use any number of pieces. The whole back can be a pieced quilt if you choose it to be.

      Q: Can you tell me what White Work is?

      K: White Work is a quilt in which the entire design is in the quilting stitches. Usually made up in solid white fabric to display the quilter's stitching skills.

      Where In The World Is Kaye?

      Kaye's next stop, well...let's just say she's packing a lot of tie dyed, sunblock and shirts with palm trees! You guessed it, the Caribbean will never be the same after Kaye, the girls, and a great group of quilters get done there! The Round Bobbin Quilting Cruise is the trip of the year! To all of the participants, well just think of us here, still probably covered in snow! Have a great trip!

      Caribbean

      Round Bobbin Quilting Cruise***5/8/05-5/15-05

      1-800-473-9464

      Quilting Cruise

      West Branch, MI

      Caroline's Sewing Room***5/21/05

      1-989-345-9180

      Grand re-opening!

      Fennimore,Wisconsin

      Southwest Wisconsin Technological College

      6/3/05 - 6/4/05

      Free program schedule available after April 1st.

      E-mail: jkilian@...

      Cincinnati, OH

      Sew & Quilt Craft Expo***6/24/05 thru 6/26/05

      Sew, Quilt and Craft Expo

      Houghton Lake, MI

      Lunch Boat Seminar***7/23/05***Suze's Stitchin'

      989-366-5252

      suze@...

      St Charles, MO

      American Quilter's Society***9/15/05 thru 9/17/05

      1-800-473-9464

      AQS

      To check out more scheduled events for Kaye, just click on the link below.

      In case you missed our special e-mailing last week, let me mention again about the all new QNN, Quilter's News Network! The people who checked it out gave us a lot of feedback and let's just say, they absolutely loved it! This is brand new and the first of it's kind to offer you nothing but quilting 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, on your computer. So if you're in an area where you can't get Kaye's Quilting Friends on TV, you can now view it on your computer! As they continue to grow, they will add new programs to their line up every month until there is a new program every half hour! These programs are shown twice a day, so if you miss it earlier, there's a good chance you can catch it later! This will soon be the leading place to have access to an endless source of new patterns, notions and techniques, all brought to you by the leading people in the quilting industry. All this at your fingertips as easy to get to as a click of the mouse. No commercials and whenever you tune in, you know it will be quilting. All you need for maximum viewing is a web browser and a high speed connection and you too can be a part of this. But don't take my word for it, check it out! Just click on the link below to find all the information you want about the Quilter's News Network!

      http://www.quiltingchannel.com/

      Kaye's latest pattern is creating a stir! If you haven't had a chance, click on the link and enter, "Hearts in Bloom" in the search box to check it out!

      http://www.kayewood.com/index.html

      A lot of people has been asking for it so here it is again, the link to the message board.

      http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/8058/index.cgi

      Links

      For links to some useful information found on our web site, click here:

      www.kayewood.com/funlinks.html

      If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to let us know. We're always looking for new ideas and areas of interest. Some we can use, others we can't, but at least it helps to give us an idea. Just click the link below and thanks!

      email: terrye@...

      Copyright 2005 Kaye Wood, Inc.

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at (800) 248-5293, Monday -- Friday, 9-5 p.m., EST.

      Mailing address:

      Kaye Wood, Inc.

      © 2005 Kaye Wood, Inc.