KayeWood.com Weekly Email Newsletter Week of 6.4.14 - New Patterns From The Spring Shows, Readers Tips and a FR** Pattern

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/1.1.jpg

      • New In The Shop
      • Flower of the Month - Lilacs and Dogwoods
      • Indian Blanket Quilt Pattern
      • Gaggle Quilt Pattern
      • The Week on our YouTube Channel - Caddy Pad Construction
      • Reader's Tips (sprinkled throughout)
      • This Week in History
      • Reader's Show and Tell
      • Snazzy Striped Tote Bag Pattern
      • Troll Bicycle Handle Bar Bag Pattern
      • FR** Pattern of the Month - Life in the Meadow
      • DVD of the Week - Stacking My Blocks
      • Hot August Table Mat Pattern
      • List Your Event
      • Facebook Page and Group

      https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/c35.34.438.438/s160x160/2099_61478773728_4714_n.jpg

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is perched on her favorite branch....Follow us!

      http://www.kayewood.com/twitter_branch.png

      http://www.kayewood.com/pinterest.jpg

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out our Legacy Patterns At KayeWood.com Board on our Pinterest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!

      http://www.kayewood.com/nmlwf.jpg

      Welcome to the 15th Annual Northern Michigan Lamb & Wool Festival

      September 27 & 28, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/quilt_qua_new.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/qsclogo.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/favecrafts.gif

      Hi Quilters!

      Today at the Cabin:

      Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend. A whole weekend of camping, camp fires, boats, tubes and skis and s'mores. Lots and lots of s'mores! Oh, don't forget swimming in really, really cold water....

      Sure is a lot of hard work to relax all weekend. And catching up? Wow, still not caught up!

      And I missed a week didn't I?

      Between the holiday weekend, out of town family visiting including our son, currently deployed to Korea and a dentist appointment, I'm surprised the world didn't come to an end!

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/tr-toolsbabylg.jpg

      New in the Shop...Tools Baby Quilt Pattern.... HERE

      This week, on our sale page, we featuring more of our Legacy Pattern and hurt and clearance items too.

      Remember.... orders over $50.00 are fr** shipping (US only, sorry)

      Go HERE for all of our sale, hurt and clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our New Page too!

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/sa-la.jpg

      Sadie's Pantry Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/chalkboardsmed.jpg

      Set of 3 Chalkboard

      Regular price is 4.00

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/leg-lelandmed.jpg

      Leland Park Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/pantrybagsmed.jpg

      Pantry Bags Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/zp-junehohomed.jpg

      June Holiday House Gold Pro Shop Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/windmills-med.jpg

      Windmills Around the World Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/minni-duet-med.jpg

      Mini Duet Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/jewels-of-spring-med.jpg

      Jewels of Spring Quilt Pattern

      We are proud to announce we are now carrying Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs entire Press Perfect line! Must-have ironing accessories to take your needlework to the next level!

      Check them all out on our What's New page, HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/tr-modgeocruisermed.jpg

      Mod Geo Cruiser Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/scd-lorettamed.jpg

      Loretta Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/cnq-hourglasssquaredmed.jpg

      Hourglass Squared Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ae-geeseonalakemed.jpg

      Geese on the Lake Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/lilac-la.jpg

      Flower Of The Month For May....

      2 of them this month!

      Lilac Pattern and Dogwood Pattern!

      Both beautiful spring flowers.

      Click on More Details to watch this technique.

      More Details

      On Our Sale Page

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/paducah-la.jpg

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/cnq-indianblanketmed.jpg

      Indian Blanket Quilt Pattern

      on our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/tr-gagglemed.jpg

      Gaggle Quilt Pattern

      on our What's New Page

      This Week On Our YouTube Channel....

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/caddlglg.jpg

      Caddy Pad Construction Technique

      Watch the Caddy Pad Construction Techniques HERE

      Popular, and adorable iron tote allows you to pack up your hot iron and go...........no waiting for it to cool, no wrestling with dangling cords. Two buttons open quickly to a 19 1/2" x 25 1/2" pressing pad.

      The Caddy Pad pattern comes with silver heat resistant fabric, enough to make one pad.

      Try making this pattern with a towel for the lining. Packing it up for a lunch bag that comes with its' own placemat, or, make it in playful fabrics for an on-the-go car carrier, or to-go tea set!

      How about lining it with red and white gingham check and it opens up to be your place mat!
      Or, applique roads inside the Caddy Pad and filled the tote with little cars for your kids play corner, or make it out of little girl fabric and fill with tiny dolls.

      Make a checkerboard on the lining and fill it with checker pieces.

      I love to make baby quilts for philanthropy, so I have devised a system for having them already cut out and ready to sew together. I went to the hardware store and bought a white shelving unit made of wood, that you use to hold shoes. It holds the plastic shoe boxes you can get most anywhere, perfectly! Whenever I am cutting out a project and have a little bit of fabric leftover, I cut it into one of the following shapes that all "play well" together, and each have its own shoe box.

      3-1/2" squares***2" x 3-1/2" rectangles***2" squares

      This way, I can run up to my sewing room, pull any two boxes and start sewing something! I also have about a dozen quick patterns that Imade over and over, that I have put into a 3-ring binder, which sits next to my sewing table. Every pattern uses some combination of the above shapes. I can get one pieced in just a couple of hours! Instant gratification!.

      This Week in History, June 3 - June 11

      Jun 03, 1989 - Crackdown at Tiananmen begins

      Jun 04, 1942 - Battle of Midway begins

      Jun 05, 1933 - FDR takes United States off gold standard

      Jun 06, 1944 - D-Day

      Jun 07, 1913 - First successful ascent of Mt. McKinley

      Jun 08, 1968 - King assassination suspect arrested

      Jun 09, 1973 - Secretariat wins Triple Crown

      http://www.kayewood.com/22.jpg

      Reader's Show and Tell....

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/octagon_candle_mat.jpg

      This candle mat was made with Kaye's View & Do Octagon Shape.

      Kathy....

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/jk-snazzystripedtotealt1.jpg

      Snazzy Striped Tote Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hemma-trollmed.jpg

      Troll Bicycle Handlebar Bag Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      *An easy way to relax your batting is to put it in the dryer for 10 minutes on air or low heat. This works for polyester and cotton batting.

      FR** Pattern....

      Life in the Meadow by Kaye Wood!

      HERE

      Fussy Cut Pentagon frame the birds in the birdhouses. Easy, and fast, using Kaye's View & Do Pentagon Shape.

      Sizes 36" x 40"

      Get the technique DVD HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/birdhouselg.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/pentagonlg.jpg

      DVD of the Week....

      Stacking My Blocks Technique DVD

      A stunning 3-Dimensional quilt made from dark, medium and light fabrics, that Kaye Wood has simplified with her cutting and sewing techniques. Strip sets are cut into topless triangles and then sewn into rows and joined together. Pieced with absolutely no "Y" seams, you won't believe how easy it goes together. Uses the Starmaker 6 (sold separately).

      Sizes: Wallhanging, Twin, Double, King

      Technique DVD and Pattern on sale, HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/stackingmyblocksbig.jpg

      Stacking My Blocks Technique DVD

      * I really love the TicTac idea to store old/used needles, but I'm not a TicTac consumer. I use the plastic prescription bottles to store needles or bent pins. Then when full, pitch the entire container and no one will get stuck.

      *When arranging my quilt blocks, I find a digital camera very helpful in seeing which blocks are in the wrong place.

      http://www.kayewood.com/24.jpg

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ks-hotaugustmed.jpg

      Hot August Tablemat Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      List Your Event....

      Amador Valley Quilters, June 19-22, 2014, Pleasanton, CA, www.amadorvalleyquilters.org

      * If you accidentally prick your finger while quilting, applique, etc., and blood gets on your work, rub your own saliva on it and it will disappear. One of natures remedies.

      * When I bring a new piece of quilting fabric home, I immediately cut off the selvage strip with the designer and company name, along with the colored dots. I also cut a small square of the fabric, which I attach to the salvage with small gold safety pins. Using a fabric pen, I note the name of the quilt shop and purchase date, on the wrong side of the fabric strip. This way, if I need more fabric at a future date, I can first check with the quilt shop, to see if they have it before searching the internet. I have a large cookie can in which I keep the strips. When I buy a fat quarter of fabric, I try to get the designer info and I make a note of it, along with a small square of fabric.

      A Note About Facebook....

      Our daily Facebook Deals are better and better every day. 4 or 5 different deals each day and they're all on our sale page Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

      Have a great and safe week everyone, get out there and enjoy the (finally) warmer weather!

      Terrye

      http://www.kayewood.com/25.jpg