KayeWood.com Weekly Email Newsletter Week of 4.2.14 - GE Designs, Frog Hollow and A FR** Pattern!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/1.1.jpg

      • What's On Sale - GE Designs, Frog Hollow and Golightly Sewing Studio
      • What's New In The Shop
      • Sew & Go Sewing Bag Organizer Pattern
      • My Favorite Duffel Pattern
      • Our Readers Show and Tell
      • FR** Pattern - Tumbling Winds
      • DVD of the Week - Spinning/Jumping Jacks
      • Scottie Love Quilt Pattern
      • List Your Events
      • Flower of the Month - Daisy Pattern
      • Facebook Page and Group
      • Garden Quilt Sampler Pattern
      • Hot! Hot! Hot! Stuff For The Microwave
      • Fussy Cutting on our YouTube Channel
      • This Week In History
      • Tips From Our Readers

      https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/c35.34.438.438/s160x160/2099_61478773728_4714_n.jpg

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is looking for her lucky four leaf clover....Follow us!

      http://www.kayewood.com/twitter_four_leaf_clover.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/pinterest.jpg

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out our Anything But Boring At KayeWood.com Board on our Pinterest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!

      http://www.kayewood.com/nmlwf.jpg

      Welcome to the 15th Annual Northern Michigan Lamb & Wool Festival

      September 27 & 28, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/quilt_qua_new.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/qsclogo.jpg

      Hi Quilters!

      Today at the Cabin:

      The snow is melting quite quickly!

      There are rivers of water going down the roads and ditches, cutting their way to the lowest point (which happens to be our farm pond). Huge glaciers are sliding off of the roofs (mostly onto our front porch step), and while there isn't any green to be seen yet, there is some mud. And more to come. Lots more. Lots. Of. Mud!

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ab-dragonflylg.jpg

      New in the Shop...Dragonflies.... HERE

      This week we are clearancing out all of our fabrics. $4.00 a yard in 1 yard cuts; while they last. Frog Hollow Designs, GE Designs and Golightly Sewing Studio. Don't forget all of our clearance and HURT items too.

      Remember.... orders over $50.00 are fr** shipping (US only, sorry)

      Go HERE for all of our sale, hurt and clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our New Page too!

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/fhd-snakegrassmed.jpg

      Snake in the Grass Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ge-seasonalsmed.jpg

      Seasonals Tablerunner Pattern

      Regular price is 8.00

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ge-nordicmed.jpg

      Nordic Christmas Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/savannahmed.jpg

      Savannah Breeze Dress and Shirt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/gl-sweetmed.jpg

      Sweet Clutches Bag Patterns

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/gl-kyleemed.jpg

      Kylee Bag for Mon, Travel and Baby Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/zp-aprilhohomed.jpg

      April Holiday House Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/edfabric-fusciamed.jpg

      Enchanted Damask - Fuscia Fabric

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ljb-rockcandymed.jpg

      Rock Candy Tablemat Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/lgd-fiestamed.jpg

      Fiesta Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/lgd-galaxymed.jpg

      Galaxy Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/lgd-minimirandamed.jpg

      Mini Miranda Bag Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/lgd-sewonthegomed.jpg

      Sew and Go Sewing Bag Organizer Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/lgd-faveduffelmed.jpg

      My Favorite Duffel Bag Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      TwinStar Mega Sale....

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/kayewood-set-large.jpg

      Kaye's TwinStar Jacket Pattern is the star of this show, but wait, you also get

      • Vests To Dye For
      • Terrific Triangles
      • Serger Patchwork Projects
      • Sunny Skies
      • Patchwork Pyramids
      • Starring The Eagle
      • Savage Star
      • Sensational Seminole.
      • TwinStar Technique DVD

      All in all there are 7 patterns and 2 books in this collection. They are sure to sell out fast at this price, so hurry!

      Reader's Show and Tell....

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/st3-200x452.jpg

      The blue runner I have just finished sewing using my new View & Do Shapes. Not quite perfect, but I am thrilled with it. (I think I may be one of your pointless people.) I finished it off using your youtube video on the 6 Hour Quilt Idea. I love it. Thank you for your time & videos. I have only been doing this for less than 1 year, so I watch you a LOT on youtube

      Milena....

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/st4-200x382.jpg

      FR** Pattern....

      Tumbling Winds by Kaye Wood!

      HERE

      The winds and sagebrush that tumble across the prairie will lull you to sleep as you create your own personal haven in your bedroom. These Quarter Quilts and coordinating pillows are easy enough to make, and fast too, with Kaye's techniques, that you can change them out as often as you change your mind. Tumbling Winds uses the View & Do Octagon Shapes as well as the Starmaker 8 Master Template (sold separately) Tumbling Winds

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/tumbling_windslge.jpg

      DVD of the Week....

      Spinning Jacks/Jumping Jacks Technique DVD

      These kaleidoscope style blocks are made from 4 squared wedge fans.

      Remember doing Jumping Jacks when you were younger? Our newest pattern will remind you of that game. Jumping Jacks is easy to make; just strip cut wedges with the Starmaker 5 Master Template, sew the wedges together, then square the blocks. A circle finished with piping completes each block. The blocks are totally Pointless, but there are some easy seamline matchings when joining the blocks together.

      .

      Technique DVD on sale, HERE

      Pattern on sale HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/spinning_jacksdlg.jpg

      Spinning Jacks/Jumping Jacks Pattern

      Spinning Jacks/Jumping Jacks Technique DVD

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ab-scottielovelg.jpg

      Scottie Love Quilt Pattern

      List Your Event....

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Friends Yahoo Group will hold the annual Quilt Retreat in Conway, MO, April 24-28, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/daisey-la.jpg

      Flower Of The Month For April....

      Daisies Pattern

      LOVE Daisies!

      Click on More Details to watch this technique.

      More Details

      On Our Sale Page

      A Note About Facebook....

      Our daily Facebook Deals are better and better every day. 4 or 5 different deals each day and they're all on our sale page Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ab-gardenquiltmed.jpg

      Garden Quilt Sampler Pattern

      on our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ssq-hothothotmed.jpg

      Hot! Hot! Hot! Stuff For The Microwave Pattern

      on our What's New Page

      This Week On Our Youtube Channel....

      http://www.kayewood.com/kwtv_fussy_cut.jpg

      Fussy Cutting Techniques

      Watch the Fussy Cutting Techniques HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/8.jpg

      This Week in History, April 2-8

      Apr 02, 2005 - Pope John Paul II Dies

      Apr 03, 1860 - Pony Express debuts

      Apr 04, 1968 - Dr. King is assassinated

      Apr 05, 1614 - Pocahontas marries John Rolfe

      Apr 06, 1896 - First modern Olympic Games

      Apr 07, 1994 - Civil war erupts in Rwanda

      Apr 08, 1974 - Aaron sets new home run record

      Tips From Our Readers....

      I use a curved upholstery needle when I tie quilts with yard and have no problem pulling the yarn through. You can buy them on the notions wall at JoAnn's and I'm sure at other notion outlets, catalogs or on the net. I usually use the smaller, curved one and it works great! I take a stitch then go on to the next and do as many as the long piece of yarn will go. Then I clip between and tie. Then give the knots a "hair cut" so they all have the same length tails.

      Instead of tying some of my baby quilts, I set my sewing machine to stitch 1 single motif at a time and stitch it out in the corners of the blocks. I adjust the size to fit and I choose a motif that compliments the quilt. Fast and easy!

      For the birds, I put my threads in a wire mesh suet feeder, and they pull them out as they want them. It's interesting to see what colorful nests they have made.

      One way I know of removing bad odors from a room or house, is to put coffee grounds in a kettle of water, and boil until dry. You can even burn it a little. My brother was a city fireman and I was told they had to do this sometimes, if someone passed away in a house. We also put coffee grounds in the refrigerator to keep the frig sweet, along with the baking soda. I use this all the time and change the coffee grounds about every 3-4 months

      Have a great week everyone.

      Terrye

      http://www.kayewood.com/9.jpg