KayeWood.com Weekly Email Newsletter Week of 2.26.14 - March and Spring Themed Patterns and Moth Prevention Tips Needed

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/1.1.jpeg

      • What's On Sale -March and Spring Themed Patterns
      • New In The Shop
      • Our Youtube Channel
      • This Week in History
      • Caribbean Quilting Cruise
      • Buttonholes Quilt Pattern
      • Seasonals Tablerunner Pattern
      • Reader's Show and Tell
      • Quilt Bindings the KayeWood Way
      • Paypal
      • DVD of the Week - Love Letters Technique
      • List Your Event
      • Flower of the Month - Pot of Daffodils
      • Facebook
      • Reader's Questions
      • Protecting Your Quilts From Moths
      • Quilt Police Pattern
      • Twister Ladybug Pattern

      https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/c35.34.438.438/s160x160/2099_61478773728_4714_n.jpg

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is looking for her lucky four leaf clover....Follow us!

      http://www.kayewood.com/twitter_four_leaf_clover.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/pinterest.jpg

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out our Easter and Spring Patterns At KayeWood.com Board on our Pinterest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!

      http://www.kayewood.com/nmlwf.jpg

      Welcome to the 15th Annual Northern Michigan Lamb & Wool Festival

      September 27 & 28, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/favecrafts.gif

      http://www.kayewood.com/quilt_qua_new.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/qsclogo.jpg

      Hi Quilters!

      Today at the Cabin:

      It's actually the middle of the night, so we should say "Tonight at the Cabin", right? The woodstove is going, with a beautiful fire, easily viewed through the glass door, wind outside is howling, more snow and cold are coming and the tea is on. I love it when it is so quiet and still, all you hear is Mother Nature (and the aquariums - which shall soon be turned into hydroponic salad gardens, and the refrigerator)... Alas, our modern world doesn't know true silence anymore does it? But all I have to do is turn out the lights, bundle up, and meander outside to view the beautiful stars in the clear sky and hear nothing but wind, maybe a dog barking in the background, the coyotes yipping and howling, and the wind. Did I already say wind? Yeah, the wind. The same wind that turns 6" of snow into a 6' drift. Winter in Northern Michigan - gotta love it!

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/mb-crazyforyoulg.jpg

      New in the Shop...Crazy For You Button Quilt Pattern and Buttons.... HERE

      This week we are featuring all of our Spring Themed patterns. And for 2 more days, you can still take advantage of our February and Heart themed patterns. Mix and match and SAVE! Remember.... orders over $50.00 are fr** shipping (US only, sorry)

      Go HERE for all of our sale and clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our New Page too!

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/springtablecharmsmed.jpg

      Spring Table Charms Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/callalilymed.jpg

      Callie's Lily Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/simplepleasuresmed.jpg

      Simple Pleasures Angel Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/march-frog-med.jpg

      March Frog Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/haq-mahomed.jpg

      March Holiday House Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/sq-holidaytreasuresmed.jpg

      Holiday Treasures, Too Wallhanging Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/justforfunmed.jpg

      Just For Quilt and Matching Wreath Set of 4 Patterns

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/lhq-prairiespringmed.jpg

      Prairietown in the Spring Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ad-knitpurlrollmed.jpg

      Knit, Purl and Roll Knitting Needle Case Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/aba-totallycomposedmed.jpg

      Totally Composed Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/mb-gonefishingmed.jpg

      Gone Fishing Button Quilt Pattern and Buttons

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/mb-crazyforyoumed.jpg

      Crazy For You Button Quilt Pattern with Buttons

      On Our What's New Page

      This Week On Our Youtube Channel....

      http://www.kayewood.com/kwtv_quiltedbindings.jpg

      Shown here: Quilted Bindings

      See the video HERE

      This Week in History, Feb 12 - 19

      Feb 26, 1919 - Two national parks preserved, 10 years apart (Grand Teton and Grand Canyon)

      Feb 27, 1827 - New Orleanians take to the streets for Mardi Gras

      Feb 28, 1953 - Watson and Crick discover chemical structure of DNA

      Mar 01, 1932 - Lindbergh baby kidnapped

      Mar 02, 1904 - Dr. Seuss born

      Mar 03, 1887 - Helen Keller meets her miracle worker

      Mar 04, 1933 - FDR inaugurated

      http://www.kayewood.com/115.jpg

      Yours truly during last year's family bike trip in the Grand Tetons of Wyoming/Idaho.

      Why Aren't Our Ebooks Immediately Downloadable?

      Because some opportunistic people have taken our ebooks and put them on the web for all to see, some have even been charging for them. If you want to order the ebooks/epatterns, I will send you a link as soon as I see your order. If you want them right away, go over to Craftsy (where they are still only $8.00 for the patterns) HERE

      We are really sorry for this inconvenience

      New Cruise Scheduled - Quilting Cruise To The Caribbean....

      It's a Sewing and Quilting Cruise - March 30, 2014

      Do you like to make quilts? Do you enjoy being with other quilters?

      Is it fun to take quilting classes? How about some new sewing techniques?

      Now you can take a cruise and take quilting classes from Kaye Wood and Veronica Cox and sewing classes from Emma Seabrooke and Mary Carollo.

      Kaye loves to teach quilting classes and loves to cruise.

      To date, she has taken quilters on 19 cruises to the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Alaska, Mexico and New Zealand.

      Just what is a sewing and quilting cruise?
      We are just a small group aboard a big ship.

      While at sea, we have sit-and-sew classes, lectures, demonstrations, show & tell, sharing. Non-sewing people have all of the ship's programs, shopping, entertainment and special events. So if you bring your spouse, family members or friends, there will be plenty for them to do while you sew & quilt.

      When in port, there are all of the usual tourist things to do.

      And all of the supplies for classes are furnished - Janome sewing machines, rulers, rotary cutters, mats, irons, fabric, etc. So you bring no sewing supplies.

      So come on board on the Round Bobbin Sew Fun Cruise to the Eastern Caribbean.

      We will leave Ft. Lauderdale on March 30, 2014 for 7 nights of fun and sun on Celebrity's new ship, Silhouette.

      Our ports of call will be St. Maarten, St. Kitts and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

      Just call Bonnie at Cruise One 800-784-4480 and you can be part of this fun adventure.

      Complete class details at www.roundbobbin.com

      http://www.kayewood.com/cruise-ship.jpg

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/mpc-buttonholesmed.jpg

      Buttonholes Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ge-seasonalsmed.jpg

      Seasonals Tablerunner Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      Show and Tell....

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/306200_2918728172246_1382016012_32256837_1638840691_n.jpg

      Gorgeous...

      Rebecca....

      Quilt Bindings the Kaye Wood Way!

      HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/kwtv_quiltedbindings.jpg

      We Now Accept PayPal....

      http://www.kayewood.com/paypal.jpg

      DVD of the Week....

      Love Letters Quilt Technique DVD

      This unique and lovely envelope quilt is the perfect way to convey how you feel. Whether it be treats, fond memorabilia or your own personal messages, fill the envelopes with your favorites! Fat quarter friendly, Love Letters can be made in 3 different sizes, all included in this pattern with full instructions and supply lists. Use your imagination and choose a fabric to make it your own such as: a baby quilt with cute little baby surprises, racing car fabric with little Hot Wheels in each envelope, sweet treats fabric with little candies as a surprise, or fish fabric with lures in each envelope, the possibilities are endless!

      Technique DVD on sale, HERE

      Love Letters Quilt Pattern on sale HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/love_letterslg.jpg

      Love Letters Quilt Pattern

      Love Letters Quilt Technique DVD

      http://www.kayewood.com/116.jpg

      List Your Event....

      The West Pasco Quilters' Guild, Inc., 13th  Biennial Quilt Show,  "Colors In Motion", March 13-15, 2014 New Port Richey, FL

      Flower Of The Month For March....

      Pot of Daffodils Pattern

      Nothing says "Spring is Here" faster than the daffodils peeking their way through the snow. Here they are, just in time for spring, planted in a pot and ready to sew!

      Click on More Details to watch this technique.

      More Details

      On Our Sale Page

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/pot-of-la.jpg

      A Note About Facebook....

      Our daily Facebook Deals are better and better every day. 4 or 5 different deals each day and they're all on our sale page Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

      Reader's Question....

      Do You Ship Internationally?

      The answer is "Yes!", we do! We ship all over the world, and when the option becomes available we will be the first to ship to the Moon or Mars! lol. You will pay the actual shipping costs, plus a small handling charge. If you want a shipping quote, please email us with the items you want and where you want them shipped. We'll get a quote to you asap!

      Send Us Your Questions and We'll Get Some Answers For You!

      Protecting Your Quilts From Moths and Other Beasties....

      Some say herbs such as bay or rosemary, some say airtight, others say let them breathe.

      Some say hang them in the sun, some say never hang them.

      What do you say? What are you tried and true "moth and other pest-proof" tips for keeping your quilts safe?

      Let us know and we'll pass it on!

      Email your tips to terrye@...

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/qaf-quiltpolicemed.jpg

      Quilt Police Pattern