KayeWood.com Weekly Email Newsletter Week of 2.12.14 - Needle Matching, Cutting Stars and Tons of New Products!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12 9:26 AM

      http://www.kayewood.com/1.1.jpeg

      • What's On Sale - Prairie Quilt Mercantile
      • What's New
      • TwinStar Mega Sale
      • Fussy Cutting Hexagons on our YouTube Channel
      • Needle Matching Technique
      • Think Spring Pattern
      • GameQuilt Pattern
      • This Week in History
      • Caribbean Quilting Cruise
      • Rainbow Go Around Pattern
      • Mariner's Compass Pattern
      • Reader's Show and Tell
      • Cutting Stars With Kaye's Starmaker 6
      • Paypal
      • DVD of the Week - Morning Glory
      • List Your Event
      • Flower of the Month - Forget Me Nots
      • Our Facebook Page and Group

      https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/c35.34.438.438/s160x160/2099_61478773728_4714_n.jpg

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird loves playing in the snow....Follow us!

      http://www.kayewood.com/twitter_ice_skating.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/pinterest.jpg

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out our Prairie Quilt Mercantile At KayeWood.com Board on our Pintrest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!

      http://www.kayewood.com/favecrafts.gif

      http://www.kayewood.com/quilt_qua_new.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/qsclogo.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/nmlwf.jpg

      Welcome to the 15th Annual Northern Michigan Lamb & Wool Festival

      September 27 & 28, 2014

      Hi Quilters!

      Today at the Cabin:

      They say there's only 37(ish) days until Spring. Ok, then. We'll see about that. I know from experience that I will still be seeing some of this snow in late April. At that point I will declare it spring. As long as there is still enough snow in the woods for snowshoes and still enough snow on the hills for skiing and still enough ice on the lakes for ice fishing and skating, it's still Winter!

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/HE-ingridlg.jpg

      New in the Shop...Ingrid Convertible Canisters! HERE

      This week we are featuring Bali, Jelly and Scrap Patterns. Check these out for quilts and wallhangings, pillows, bags and totes....

      Go HERE for all of our sale and clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our New Page too!

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/jk-withlovemed.jpg

      With Love Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/bali-squared-med.jpg

      Bali Squared Bag Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/bali-jewles-med.jpg

      Bali Jewels Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/star-in-motion-med.jpg

      Stars in Motion, Bali Stars and Celestial Stars Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/curved-4-patch-medium.jpg

      Curved Four Patch, Emily's Florals and Bali Blues Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/scrappy-bali-med.jpg

      Scrap Bali Tote Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/cotton-candy-dots-med.jpg

      Cotton Candy Dots Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/bohemian-butterfliesmed.jpg

      Bohemian Butterflies Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/avsc-scraphappyspoolsmed.jpg

      Scrap Happy Spools Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/avsc-doublestarduomed.jpg

      Double Star Duo Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/wb-springisheremed.jpg

      Spring Is Here Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/mgd-marchdaffodilsmed.jpg

      March Daffodils Tablerunner Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      TwinStar Mega Sale....

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/kayewood-set-large.jpg

      Kaye's TwinStar Jacket Pattern is the star of this show, but wait, you also get Vests To Dye For, Terrific Triangles, Serger Patchwork Projects, Sunny Skies, Patchwork Pyramids, Starring The Eagle, Savage Star and Sensational Seminole.

       All in all there are 7 patterns and 2 books in this collection, plus the TwinStar DVD.

      This Week On Our Youtube Channel....

      http://www.kayewood.com/kwtv_fussy_cut_hexagons.jpg?v=KD2TiBHvZ4k

      Shown here: Fussy Cutting Hexagons

      View & Do Hexagon Shape HERE

      See the video HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/viewhexagons.jpg

      Reader's Question....

      What is the Needle Matching Technique

      A Needle Match is used for the "V" that forms at the top and bottom of the diamonds, when putting diamonds together to make stars. At the top and bottom, the two segments overlap. The stitching line starts and stops at the point they overlap. Your sewing machine needle is used to line up the diamonds.

      1. Put the sewing machine needle down into the machine. Insert the two segments under the machine presser foot, with the needle set to sew a 1/4" seam. The needle will be in the exact spot where the two segments overlap. If the needle is not in the spot where the two segments overlap, leave the needle down and adjust the segments so they do overlap exactly at the needle.

      2. Start sewing on a Starter Scrap and chainstitch to the next set of diamonds. Sew the C diamond to the B diamond. Sew the F diamond to the E diamond. Sew all the way from top to bottom to anchor this seam. Anchoring the seam at the outside of the star makes it easier to do the "Y" seams that are used to piece diamonds around the star.

      3. Set the seams. Press the seam allowances away from the middle (B and E) diamonds.

      4. Trim the points of the seam allowances that extend past the half stars.

      http://www.kayewood.com/needle_matching.jpg

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/avsc-thinkspringmed.jpg

      Think Spring Pattern

      on our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/qs-gamequiltmed.jpg

      Game Quilt Pattern

      on our What's New Page

      This Week in History, Feb 12 - 19

      Feb 12, 2002 - Milosevic goes on trial for war crimes

      Feb 13, 1633 - Galileo in Rome for Inquisition

      Feb 14, 278 - St. Valentine beheaded

      Feb 15, 1898 - The Maine explodes

      Feb 16, 1923 - Archaeologist opens tomb of King Tut

      Feb 17, 1904 - Madame Butterfly premieres

      Feb 18, 1885 - Twain publishes The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

      http://www.kayewood.com/106.jpg

      New Cruise Scheduled - Quilting Cruise To The Caribbean....

      It's a Sewing and Quilting Cruise - March 30, 2014

      Do you like to make quilts? Do you enjoy being with other quilters?

      Is it fun to take quilting classes? How about some new sewing techniques?

      Now you can take a cruise and take quilting classes from Kaye Wood and Veronica Cox and sewing classes from Emma Seabrooke and Mary Carollo.

      Kaye loves to teach quilting classes and loves to cruise.

      To date, she has taken quilters on 19 cruises to the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Alaska, Mexico and New Zealand.

      Just what is a sewing and quilting cruise?
      We are just a small group aboard a big ship.

      While at sea, we have sit-and-sew classes, lectures, demonstrations, show & tell, sharing. Non-sewing people have all of the ship's programs, shopping, entertainment and special events. So if you bring your spouse, family members or friends, there will be plenty for them to do while you sew & quilt.

      When in port, there are all of the usual tourist things to do.

      And all of the supplies for classes are furnished - Janome sewing machines, rulers, rotary cutters, mats, irons, fabric, etc. So you bring no sewing supplies.

      So come on board on the Round Bobbin Sew Fun Cruise to the Eastern Caribbean.

      We will leave Ft. Lauderdale on March 30, 2014 for 7 nights of fun and sun on Celebrity's new ship, Silhouette.

      Our ports of call will be St. Maarten, St. Kitts and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

      Just call Bonnie at Cruise One  800-784-4480 and you can be part of this fun adventure.

      Complete class details at www.roundbobbin.com

      http://www.kayewood.com/cruise-ship.jpg

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/bpd-rainbowmed.jpg

      Rainbow Go Round Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/qs-marinersmed.jpg

      Mariner's Compass Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      Show and Tell....

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/532595_2890539347543_1382016012_32243952_1398901427_n.jpg

      I started this quilt waaaaaay back in 2000-ish. Found the Cowgirls (Moda - Lynn Brown paintings) at Quilt Festival in Houston and knew that they were perfect for a quilt for my Mother in Law, who was a cowgirl in her younger days and a darn good barrel-racer with her horse Goldie.

      Rebecca....

      Cutting Stars With Kaye's Starmaker 6 Master Template

      HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/97.jpg

      We Now Accept PayPal....

      http://www.kayewood.com/paypal.jpg

      DVD of the Week....

      Morning Glory Quilt Technique DVD

      This is the perfect pattern to use those beautiful florals you have stashed away! It couldn't be easier by using bias tubes to create half square triangles, with no paper grids and no wasted fabric. Borders are a breeze to miter with step-by-step directions. Uses the Starmaker 8 (sold separately).

      Sizes: Twin, Double, King

      Technique DVD on sale, HERE

      Morning Glory Pattern on sale HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/p202.jpg

      Morning Glory Quilt Pattern

      Morning Glory Quilt Technique DVD

      List Your Event....

      A Day With Kaye Wood, Blue Sky Quilters, Monday February 17, 2014 - 10 am to 3 pm, Mesa AZ, Vista Village (Ranchos Community Centre) , 233 N ValVista Dr, Mesa AZ 85213 quilt.junkie@..., $25.00 includes Seminar, Lunch and Door Prizes. Bring cash for a "Beer Ticket Raffle" of a quilt!

      http://www.kayewood.com/105.jpg

      Flower Of The Month For February....

      Basket of Forget Me Nots Pattern

      Forget Me Nots are so romantic, and you'll love them nestled in this basket. Add beads to make this block sparkle! Joan's Petal Play technique makes it so easy! Size 22''X22''

      Click on More Details to watch this technique.

      More Details

      On Our Sale Page

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/forgetlg.jpg

      A Note About Facebook....

      Our daily Facebook Deals are better and better every day. 4 or 5 different deals each day and they're all on our sale page Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

      Have a great week everyone and especially have an awesome Valentine's Day!!

      Terrye

      http://www.kayewood.com/110.jpg