KayeWood.com Weekly Email Newsletter Week of 1.30.14 - Abbey Lane Quilts!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/1.1.jpeg

      • What's New
      • Facebook
      • VHS Copies of Kaye's TV Show
      • Basket of Forget Me Nots - Our February Flower Block of the Month
      • Reader's Question
      • Here Fishy Fishy Quilt Pattern
      • Amazing Attic Window Quilt Pattern
      • Flying Geese on our Youtube Channel
      • This Week in History
      • Quilting Cruise
      • Why Walk When You Can Fly
      • Farm Animal Applique Book
      • Reader's Show and Tell
      • Cutting Stars With Kaye's Starmakers
      • Paypal
      • DVD of the Week - A-Maze-Ing
      • List Your Event

      https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/c35.34.438.438/s160x160/2099_61478773728_4714_n.jpg

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird loves playing in the snow....Follow us!

      http://www.kayewood.com/twitter_ice_skating.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/pinterest.jpg

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out our Abbey Lane At KayeWood.com Board on our Pintrest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!

      http://www.kayewood.com/quilt_qua_new.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/qsclogo.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/nmlwf.jpg

      Welcome to the 15th Annual Northern Michigan Lamb & Wool Festival

      September 27 & 28, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/favecrafts.gif

      Hi Quilters!

      Today at the Cabin:

      Sun! Yes, the sun is back; it was sorely missed. It is said that it would take 6 hours a day of sunlight from April 1st through October 31 to make up for all of the Vitamin D lost to women who live in the northern climates, so this sun is awesome. But, there's a downside. When there is sun, there is little or no cloud cover, which means no heat is being retained, which means... yeah I know, no one has been spared from this polar vortex!

      http://www.kayewood.com/100.jpg

      Akita a.k.a. Kita, our shop mascot is getting big. She is Shar-pei/Lab mix and 4.5 months old..

      This week we are featuring the entire Abbey Lane Line of Patterns.

      Go HERE for all of our sale and clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our New Page too!

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/justforfunmed.jpg

      Just For Fun Set of 4 Wreath Patterns with Matching Quilts

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/alq-sunshinemed.jpg

      Good Day Sunshine Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/alqdancemed.jpg

      Dance With Me Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/alq-ritamed.jpg

      Rita Bag Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/alq-touchmed.jpg

      Touch of Whimsey Set of 12 Pillow Patterns

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/alq-dizzymed.gif

      Dizzie Lizzie Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/alq-bonniemed.gif

      Bonnie Bag Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/al-honeymed.jpg

      Honey Pie Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/col-maisonbleumed.jpg

      Maison Bleu Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ise-heirloomkansasmed.jpg

      Heirloom Kansas City Star Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/kc-chipoutofmed.jpg

      Chip Out Of Every Block Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/kc-batikwavesmed.jpg

      Batik Waves Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      A Note About Facebook....

      Our daily Facebook Deals are better and better every day.4 or 5 different deals each day and they're all on our sale page Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/vhsmed.jpg

      Miscellaneous copies of Kaye's Quilting Friends and Quilter's Toolbox shows in VHS format.

      Note - First Come First Served.

      $3.00 Each!

      HERE

      Flower Of The Month For February....

      Basket of Forget Me Nots Pattern

      Forget Me Nots are so romantic, and you'll love them nestled in this basket. Add beads to make this block sparkle! Joan's Petal Play technique makes it so easy! Size 22''X22''

      Click on More Details to watch this technique.

      More Details

      On Our Sale Page

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/forgetlg.jpg

      Reader's Question....

      Can you help?

      We found some old quilts that have yellowed. Is there a way to remove the yellow?

      Send me your advice and suggestions, HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/km-herefishymed.jpg

      Here Fishy Fishy Quilt Pattern

      on our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/kc-amazingatticwindowmed.jpg

      Amazing Attic Windows Pattern

      on our What's New Page

      This Week On Our Youtube Channel....

      http://www.kayewood.com/kwtv_flying_geese_joan.jpg?v=KD2TiBHvZ4k

      Shown here: Flying Geese With Joan Hawley

      Make a block or a flock of flying geese with this step by step guide to 150 flying geese block designs.

      See the video HERE

      This Week in History, Jan 30-Feb 6

      Jan 29, 1936 - U.S. Baseball Hall of Fame elects first members

      Jan 30, 1948 - Gandhi assassinated

      Jan 31, 1950 - Truman announces development of H-bomb

      Feb 01, 1884 - Oxford Dictionary debuts

      Feb 02, 1887 - First Groundhog Day

      Feb 03, 2005 - Gonzales becomes first Hispanic U.S. attorney general

      Feb 04, 1974 - Patty Hearst kidnapped

      http://www.kayewood.com/101.jpg

      New Cruise Scheduled - Quilting Cruise To The Caribbean....

      It's a Sewing and Quilting Cruise - March 30, 2014

      Do you like to make quilts? Do you enjoy being with other quilters?

      Is it fun to take quilting classes? How about some new sewing techniques?

      Now you can take a cruise and take quilting classes from Kaye Wood and Veronica Cox and sewing classes from Emma Seabrooke and Mary Carollo.

      Kaye loves to teach quilting classes and loves to cruise.

      To date, she has taken quilters on 19 cruises to the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Alaska, Mexico and New Zealand.

      Just what is a sewing and quilting cruise?
      We are just a small group aboard a big ship.

      While at sea, we have sit-and-sew classes, lectures, demonstrations, show & tell, sharing. Non-sewing people have all of the ship's programs, shopping, entertainment and special events. So if you bring your spouse, family members or friends, there will be plenty for them to do while you sew & quilt.

      When in port, there are all of the usual tourist things to do.

      And all of the supplies for classes are furnished - Janome sewing machines, rulers, rotary cutters, mats, irons, fabric, etc. So you bring no sewing supplies.

      So come on board on the Round Bobbin Sew Fun Cruise to the Eastern Caribbean.

      We will leave Ft. Lauderdale on March 30, 2014 for 7 nights of fun and sun on Celebrity's new ship, Silhouette.

      Our ports of call will be St. Maarten, St. Kitts and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

      Just call Bonnie at Cruise One  800-784-4480 and you can be part of this fun adventure.

      Complete class details at www.roundbobbin.com

      http://www.kayewood.com/cruise-ship.jpg

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/dcm-whywalkmed.jpg

      Why Walk When You Can Fly Quilt Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/zp-farmanimalsmed.jpg

      Applique Farm Animals Book

      On our New Page this week

      Show and Tell....

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/283515739011900121_pGfVFMrM_c.jpg

      The Upstate New York Glass Bead & Jewelry Guild's The Tree of Life Bead Quilt. Now that's a lot of beads! I like the technique of dividing it up into squares and a different color/technique in each one.

      New York Glass Bead and Jewelry Guild....

      Cutting Stars With Kaye's Starmaker 6 Master Template

      HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/97.jpg

      We Now Accept PayPal....

      http://www.kayewood.com/paypal.jpg

      DVD of the Week....

      A-Maze-Ing Quilt Technique DVD

      Now you can create an A-maze-ing wallhanging, using topless triangles, that when sewn into rows, form an interesting maze. Half triangles are used at the top and bottom of each row to square up your quilt. Choose a color for your maze, then find five fabrics in this color family, ranging from light to dark. Just think of the possibilities, you could go dark and dramatic, lighter and more subtle, bold and vibrant, the choice is yours. Each quilt can have its own distinct look, just based on your fabric choices. Easy to do and lots of fun, uses the Starmaker 6 (sold separately).

      Technique DVD on sale, HERE

      A-Maze-Ing Quilt Pattern on sale HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/amazingbig.jpg

      A-Maze-Ing Pattern