KayeWood.com Newsletter Week of 9.26.13. Maple Trees, and Apples and Life in the Cabin!

  • Terrye Kinch/KayeWood.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2013

      • What's on Sale!
      • What's New?
      • Potholders and Kitchen Quilts Techniques DVD
      • Events
      • Facebook
      • Quick Fold Technique
      • Saskatoon Pie
      • Cardinal in the Pines
      • Kaye's on YouTube
      • We Now Accept Paypal!
      • Australian Quilting Cruise
      • Fussy Cutting Techniques
      • Evening Camp
      • Owl Family
      • Show and Tell
      • Kaye's X-tenders
      • Storing Your Quilts

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is singing pretty songs.....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out Stuff for Kids Board on our Pinterest Site HERE

      Questions? Email Us!
      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts ExposSign up for the QSC e-newsletter and get the latest information about our shows! Workshops, Seminars, Quilt Displays, Quilt Contests and much more!

      Hi Quilters!

      Today at the Cabin : I get a few messages every week asking me, "Where is "The Cabin"? This always makes me LOL. Well, I thought I'd clear up the confusion. The Cabin is actually my house, a log cabin, in the middle of the woods in Northern Michigan. Beautiful up here, quiet, dark nights, bright sunshiny days. Lots of nature. Lots of "this is where I belong". So there you have it. The Cabin is real, not just a made up place.

      This week the sale page features a mixed up mess of mittens and slipper patterns, a few purse patterns, and the Jewel Box Gems tools and patterns. Don't forget our October patterns!

      Be sure to check it all out on our Sale Page , clearance items too.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our New Page too!

      October Holiday House Haunted House Quilt Pattern

      Regular Price $12.00

      Sale Price - $9.00

      What's OnSale....

      All this and MORE on our Sale Page!

      October Jacks Quilt Pattern

      Mittens Mittens Table Topper Pattern

      Star Sapphire Quilt Pattern

      Jewel Box Gems 5 and 10 Tools

      Cozy Toes Non Skid Slipper Pattern

      Chameleon Bag Pattern

      Toastie Adult Mittens Pattern

      Creative Jacket Journey DVD

      Oh Those Kerchiefs Bag Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      Attic Window Template and Pattern Sheet

      On Our What's New Page

      Totable Trio Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      Larry the Lion and Gina the Giraffe Draggin' Blanket Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      Potholders and Kitchen Quilts Techniques DVD

      Regular price - $12.00

      This week - $5.00 on our Sale Page!

      DVD of the Week....

      Kaye's Potholders and Kitchen Quilts Techniques

      Easy, accurate stars with no points to match? You bet! With Kaye Wood's tips and techniques, stars have never been easier with projects that include quilts, pot holders, Christmas tree skirts and other great items, all made from stars. Uses Kaye's View & Do Hexagon and Starmaker 6 (sold separately).

      Stars Made Simple EBook

      Regular Price is 12.00

      This week - 8.00 on our Sale Page!

      A Note About Facebook....

      Our daily Facebook Deals are better and better every day. 5 or 6 different deals each day and they're all on our sale page Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

      List Your Event....

      Looking for a Quilt Show to attend? Check out our listing. If you have an upcoming event or show you'dlike to post on our events page, just click the link!
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=events

      Quick Fold Technique for Double Binding....

      Accurately fold an entire binding strip in just minutes!

      Here

      Saskatoon Pie Quilt Pattern

      on our What's New Page!

      Cardinals in the Pines Quilt Pattern

      on our What's New Page!

      Shown here: The Attic Window Techniques

      Introducing the Attic Window Tool One simple tool...
      ...so many possibilities!
      No "Y" Seams!
      Makes Six Sizes What's hiding in the attic window? You can decide with this fun, attic window block combo! Includes acrylic triangle tool, and the secret folding technique to make your blocks without the Y-seam! Let your imagination take you away so your windows reflect pieces of you or your loved one!

      See the videoHERE

      and get the pattern sheet and template, HERE

      We Now Accept Paypal....

      Quilting Cruise To Australia!

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
      2014 Land Tour/Cruise to Australia and New Zealand
      January 17, 2014 - February 4, 2014

      Quilters Get out your Bucket List.
      If you always dreamed of going to Australia, this is your chance.
      And you get to go with fellow quilters. It doesn't get any better than that.

      7-Day Land Tour and 11 Night Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyageur of the Sea

      For more information about the Land Tour/Cruise, contact Carillon at Panda Travel
      602-943-3383 or 800-447-2632 email Vacations@...

      Go HERE for more info....

      Fussy Cutting Techniques....

      Go HERE for this technique

      New in the Shop HERE

      Show and Tell....

      I made this using Kaye Wood's A-Maze-ing Quilt Pattern.

      Hazel....

      Kaye's Newest Tools - X-Tenders!

      Please click HERE for the full size image.

      Storing Your Quilts....

      1. Quilts should be aired or vacuumed before storing. Use a low suction hand vac with a nylon screen to protect it from harmful pull. When airing, be sure the quilt is laying flat, protected from soil, and not in direct sunlight.

      2. The ideal storage is a flat surface, properly lined with acid free material, large enough to have its own space.

      3. When folding, use crumpled acid-free tissue in the folds for support. Refold the quilt every 3-6 months to minimize permanent fold lines. Rolling quilts is an option, but it does place stress on the entire quilt.

      4. If the storage unit is made of wood or cardboard, it should be lined with several layers of washed, 100% cotton fabric. This is necessary to protect the fabric from chemicals in the wood or paper. Cotton liner should be washed semi-annually.

      5. Covers of pre washed 100% cotton sheeting, muslin, pillow cases, or acid-free tissue paper are strongly recommended. These materials allow air to pass through and keep light and dust out. Plastic is not advised.

      6. Keep the storage area clean and insect free. The herb Artemisia is a natural pesticide. Hang in the storage area or in a small bag. Do not let the bag touch the quilts!

      *Information from AQS

      This Week in History....

      Sep 26, 1960 - First Kennedy-Nixon debate
      Sep 27, 1779 - John Adams appointed to negotiate peace terms with British
      Sep 28, 1941 - Ted Williams becomes last player to hit .400
      Sep 29, 2005 - Reporter Judith Miller released from prison
      Sep 30, 1954 - USS Nautilus commissioned
      Oct 01, 1890 - Yosemite National Park established
      Oct 02, 1985 - Hollywood icon Rock Hudson dies of AIDS

      Have a great week, everyone!

      Terrye

      This is what the maple tree outside my living room window looks like! Pretty isn't it!!

      Pleasesign up for our email newsletter. Just reply to this email with "subscribe" in the subject line.