KayeWood.com Weekly Email Newsletter Week of 9.18.13. Fussy Cutting Techniques, How To Make Perfectly Spaced Circles For Scalloped Borders and More....

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18 9:36 AM

      • What's New In The Shop
      • DVD of the Week
      • Our Facebook Specials
      • A Note About Storing Your Quilts
      • Quilters Fund Alzheimer Research
      • List Your Event
      • Evenly Spaced Circles
      • Spotty Rooster
      • Spotty Hen
      • Kaye's on YouTube
      • Strip Quilting Mega Sale
      • This Week In History
      • We NowAccept Paypal!
      • Australian Quilting Cruise
      • Fussy Cutting Techniques
      • September Holiday House School House Pattern
      • September Apple Harvest Pattern
      • Show and Tell
      • Kaye's X-tenders

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is hiding in the leaves, can you find her?.....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out Quilting Cruises Board on our Pinterest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Today at the Cabin: We are gearing up for fall. There have been a couple of hard freeze scares, but so far we've dodged that bullet. All of the tomatoes are on the counters waiting to ripen so they can be canned, and next we turn our eyes toward apples, grapes, carrots and pumpkin. If you've never had a pumpkin pie with home canned pumpkin, you are truly missing out!

      The urge to Start Another Quilt is overwhelming. I am a staunch supporter of the Un-Finished Objects (UFOs). I guess my hobby isn't quilting so much as it is starting projects!

      This week the sale page features our Fall Themed Patterns.

      Be sure to check it out on our Sale Page

      Go HERE for all of our sale items, including clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our New Page too!

      Lazy Leaves Quilt Pattern

      Regular Price $8.00

      Sale Price - $5.50

      Happy Harvest Book

      Legends of the Fall - Grizzly Cross Stitch Pattern

      Seasons of Change Quilt Pattern

      Regular price is$12.00

      Falling Leaves Quilt Pattern

      September Song Quilt Pattern

      Autumn Sampler Quilt Pattern

      Fall Sampler Wallhanging and Towel Pattern

      Just 2 Tea Towels Fall Set Apron and Tea Towels Pattern

      Saskatoon Pie Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      Cardinal in the Pines Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      Twin Lambs Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      Spot On Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      Kaye's Kitchen Quilts and Potholders Techniques DVD

      Regular price - $12.00

      This week - $5.00 on our Sale Page!

      DVD of the Week....

      Kaye's Kitchen Quilts and Potholders Technique DVD

      Technique DVD, Stars Made Simple Ebook, Starmaker 6 and View and Do Hexagon Shapes are all on sale, HERE

      This week, everything you need to make your Kitchen Quilts and Potholders is on our Sale Page!

      Starmaker 6 Master Template

      View and Do Hexagon Shapes

      A Note About Facebook....

      Our daily Facebook Deals are better and better every day. 5 or 6 different deals each day and they're all on our sale page Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

      We Now Accept Paypal....

      The only thing we ask is for International Customers to wait for an invoice to include shipping costs. In the meantime, the Paypal option is available to use.

      Storing Your Quilts....

      1. Quilts should be aired or vacuumed before storing. Use a low suction hand vac with a nylon screen to protect it from harmful pull. When airing, be sure the quilt is laying flat, protected from soil, and not in direct sunlight.

      2. The ideal storage is a flat surface, properly lined with acid free material, large enough to have its own space.

      3. When folding, use crumpled acid-free tissue in the folds for support. Refold the quilt every 3-6 months to minimize permanent fold lines. Rolling quilts is an option, but it does place stress on the entire quilt.

      4. If the storage unit is made of wood or cardboard, it should be lined with several layers of washed, 100% cotton fabric. This is necessary to protect the fabric from chemicals in the wood or paper. Cotton liner should be washed semi-annually.

      5. Covers of pre washed 100% cotton sheeting,muslin, pillow cases, or acid-free tissue paper are strongly recommended. These materials allow air to pass through and keep light and dust out. Plastic is not advised.

      6. Keep the storage area clean and insect free. The herb Artemisia is a natural pesticide. Hang in the storage area or in a small bag. Do not let the bag touch the quilts!

      *Information from AQS

      Quilters Fund Alzheimer's Research....

      The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) has more than 1,500 quilts for sale at http://www.alzquilts.org/quiltsforsale.html. Starting at $20.00, each quilt has been stitched and donated by quilters like you to fund research Alzheimer's research. The AAQI was created in 2006 by national quilting teacher Ami Simms. Her mother had Alzheimer's.To date the all-volunteer national charity has raised $954,000 for research. Purchasing a quilt today will help them reach their goal of $1,000,000 by the end of this year. Quilters attending International Quilt Festival in Houston (10/30 - 11/3) will be able to pick from thousands of quilts for sale at the AAQI booth in the Exhibit Area.Visit www.AlzQuilts.org for more information about the AAQI including their monthly online quilt auctions held during the first 10 days of every month.

      List Your Event....

      Shown here is the Piecemakers Raffle Quilt for the Kent Sussex Quilt Show in Georgetown, DE on Oct 19-20, 2013

      Find out more about this show HERE

      Evenly Spaced Circles for a Half Circle Border....

      Here

      Spotty Rooster Wall Hang Pattern

      on our What's New Page!

      Spotty Hen Wall Hang Pattern

      on our What's New Page!

      Shown here is The Autumn Splendor Table Runner Technique

      Use your stash to find a multitude of autumn colors to dress up your table. A breeze to do with the 2.5" Sew Easy Triangle paper (sold separately), it would make a wonderful gift for a friend or for yourself.

      Size: 15" x 52"

      See the video HERE

      and get the patterns, now marked down HERE

      Strip Quilting Mega Sale....

      Get Kaye's Strip Quilting Project Books 2-9 (minus Strip Quilting 6) as a set for $7.00.

      1 dollar each when you buy the whole set.

      These books sell for 5.00 each. That is a savings of $38.00.

      This Week In History....

      Sep 18, 1793 Capitol cornerstone is laid
      Sep 19, 1957 Nevada is site of first-ever underground nuclear explosion
      Sep 20, 1973 King triumphs in Battle of Sexes
      Sep 21, 1780 Benedict Arnold commits treason
      Sep 22, 1862 Lincoln issues Emancipation Proclamation
      Sep 23, 1875 Billy the Kid arrested for first time
      Sep 24, 1789 The First Supreme Court

      We Now Accept Paypal....

      The only thing we ask is for International Customers to wait for an invoice to include shipping costs. In the meantime, the Paypal option is available to use.

      Quilting Cruise To Australia!

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
      2014 Land Tour/Cruise to Australia and New Zealand
      January 17, 2014 - February 4, 2014

      Quilters Get out your Bucket List.
      If you always dreamed of going to Australia, this is your chance.
      And you get to go with fellow quilters. It doesn't get any better than that.

      7-Day Land Tour and 11 Night Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyageur of the Sea

      For more information about the Land Tour/Cruise, contact Carillon at Panda Travel
      602-943-3383 or 800-447-2632 email Vacations@...

      Go HERE for more info....

      Fussy Cutting Techniques....

      Go HERE for this technique

      September Holiday House Schoolhouse Pattern

      Every pattern includes a printed panel of the windows and details to make the quilt appear very intricate.
      Fun to embellish with trims and decorative buttons.

      On Sale This Week HERE

      Show and Tell....

      Beautiful design that Pat sent in.

      Pat....

      Kaye's Newest Tools - X-Tenders!

      Please click HERE for the full size image.

      Have a great week, everyone!

      Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Just send any email with Subscribe in the subject line.