KayeWood.com Weekly Quilting and Sewing Newsletter Week of 9.11. 13 – Alzheimer’s Art Quilt Initi ative

  • Terrye Kinch/KayeWood.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2013

      • What's on Sale!
      • What's New?
      • Seam Matching Techniques DVD
      • FaceBook
      • Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative
      • Events
      • From a Reader
      • Free Quilt Game
      • A Day With Kaye Wood
      • Easy Quilt Bindings
      • Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Teacher Certification
      • Check the Stars Quilt Pattern
      • Leland Park Quilt Pattern
      • Kaye's on YouTube
      • We Now Accept Paypal!
      • Australian Quilting Cruise
      • Fussy Cutting Techniques
      • September Holiday House School House Pattern
      • September Apple Harvest Pattern
      • Show and Tell
      • Kaye's X-tenders
      • Storing Your Quilts

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is singing pretty songs.....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out Cute Quilt Patterns Board on our Pinterest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Today at the Cabin : Today, we remember the tragedy that was and still is 9.11. Our hearts and prayers are still with the families of everyone involved.

      Thoughts of cutting and stacking firewood are starting to make their way into the conversations. Closing the pool for the summer, finishing out the tomatoes, and more and more red leaves making their appearances on our Maple trees. It's coming.....

      This week the sale page features a lot of our new designers and some September favorites.

      Be sure to check it out on our Sale Page

      Go HERE for all of our sale items, including clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our New Page too!

      Free as a Bird Quilt Pattern

      Regular Price $10.00

      Sale Price - $7.00

      Dizzie Lizzie Quilt Pattern

      Know My Name Baby Quilt Pattern

      America Wallhanging Pattern

      Cowboy Up Quilt Pattern

      Delectable Quilt Pattern

      Gypsy Caravan Quilt Pattern

      Bonnie Tote Bag Pattern

      Mrs Robinson's Reversible Apron Pattern

      Sixmile Echoes Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      Every EReader Needs a Cover Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      Mr. Mustard Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      Anna Bag Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      Kaye's Seam Matching Techniques DVD

      Regular price - $12.00

      This week - $5.00 on our Sale Page!

      DVD of the Week....

      Kaye's Seam Matching Techniques

      Technique DVD and Everyone Can Quilt Book are on sale, HERE

      Everyone Can Quilt Book

      Regular Price is 22.99

      This week - 15.00 on our Sale Page!

      A Note About Facebook....

      Our daily Facebook Deals are better and better every day. 5 or 6 different deals each day and they're all on our sale page Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

      Quilters Fund Alzheimer's Research....

      The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) has more than 1,500 quilts for sale at http://www.alzquilts.org/quiltsforsale.html. Starting at $20.00, each quilt has been stitched and donated by quilters like you to fund research Alzheimer's research. The AAQI was created in 2006 by national quilting teacher Ami Simms. Her mother had Alzheimer's.
      To date the all-volunteer national charity has raised $954,000 for research. Purchasing a quilt today will help them reach their goal of $1,000,000 by the end of this year.
      Quilters attending International Quilt Festival in Houston (10/30 - 11/3) will be able to pick from thousands of quilts for sale at the AAQI booth in the Exhibit Area.
      Visit www.AlzQuilts.org for more information about the AAQI including their monthly online quilt auctions held during the first 10 days of every month.

      List Your Event....

      Shown here: "Born to be Wild" by members of the Trinity Quilters for their quilt auction on 10.3.13 in Greeley, CO

      Free Quilt Game....

      Quilt Hopper from Dino Dudes, a New Free Quilt Game!

      Quick Fold Technique for Double Binding....

      Accurately fold an entire binding strip in just minutes!

      Here

      Check the Stars Quilt Pattern

      on our What's New Page!

      Leland Park Quilt Pattern

      on our What's New Page!

      Shown here is The Pantry Purses Pattern Techniques

      Grab those potholders and placemats from the kitchen, there's a new use for them! See how you can make a beautiful Pantry Purse with all the accessories you need from these wonderful kitchen delights. Instructions will also show you how to make items such as these; a checkbook cover, jewelry keeper, sewing kit, cosmetic bag, just to name a few. The Pantry Purse makes quick and inexpensive gifts for everyone

      See the video HERE

      and get the patterns, now marked down HERE

      We Now Accept Paypal....

      We are experimenting with Paypal on our site. Our shopping cart is pitching a fit, but we'll get it worked out. In the meantime, the Paypal option is available to use.

      Quilting Cruise To Australia!

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
      2014 Land Tour/Cruise to Australia and New Zealand
      January 17, 2014 - February 4, 2014

      Quilters Get out your Bucket List.
      If you always dreamed of going to Australia, this is your chance.
      And you get to go with fellow quilters. It doesn't get any better than that.

      7-Day Land Tour and 11 Night Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyageur of the Sea

      For more information about the Land Tour/Cruise, contact Carillon at Panda Travel
      602-943-3383 or 800-447-2632 email Vacations@...

      Go HERE for more info....

      Fussy Cutting Techniques....

      Go HERE for this technique

      September Holiday House Schoolhouse Pattern

      Every pattern includes a printed panel of the windows and details to make the quilt appear very intricate.
      Fun to embellish with trims and decorative buttons.

      On Sale This Week HERE

      Show and Tell....

      I saw them in a magazine and was inspired to give it a whirl myself!

      Jen....

      Kaye's Newest Tools - X-Tenders!

      Please click HERE for the full size image.

      Storing Your Quilts....

      1. Quilts should be aired or vacuumed before storing. Use a low suction hand vac with a nylon screen to protect it from harmful pull. When airing, be sure the quilt is laying flat, protected from soil, and not in direct sunlight.

      2. The ideal storage is a flat surface, properly lined with acid free material, large enough to have its own space.

      3. When folding, use crumpled acid-free tissue in the folds for support. Refold the quilt every 3-6 months to minimize permanent fold lines. Rolling quilts is an option, but it does place stress on the entire quilt.

      4. If the storage unit is made of wood or cardboard, it should be lined with several layers of washed, 100% cotton fabric. This is necessary to protect the fabric from chemicals in the wood or paper. Cotton liner should be washed semi-annually.

      5. Covers of pre washed 100% cotton sheeting, muslin, pillow cases, or acid-free tissue paper are strongly recommended. These materials allow air to pass through and keep light and dust out. Plastic is not advised.

      6. Keep the storage area clean and insect free. The herb Artemisia is a natural pesticide. Hang in the storage area or in a small bag. Do not let the bag touch the quilts!

      *Information from AQS

      Have a great week, everyone!

      Terrye

      (this is where I STILL want to be...----->)

      Please sign up for our email newsletter. Just reply to this email with "subscribe" in the subject line.