KayeWood.com Weekly Quilting and Sewing Newsletter Week of 8.21.13 - The Best of Quilting Tips and Technique on DVD and Another Fr** Pattern!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2013

      • DVDs are on Sale!
      • What's New?
      • Windmill Technique DVD
      • FaceBook
      • A Day With Kaye Wood
      • Free Pattern - Kaleidoscope
      • Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Teacher Certification
      • This Week in History
      • TuTu Quilt Pattern
      • Q-Typs on YouTube
      • Radio Interview With Kaye
      • Craftsy
      • Quilting Arts in Stitches Emag
      • Australian Quilting Cruise
      • Fussy Cutting Techniques
      • Leland Park Pattern
      • Delectable Pattern
      • Show and Tell
      • Kaye's X-Tenders
      • List Your Event

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is singing pretty songs.....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out Candamar Designs Cross Stitch Charts on our Pinterest Site

      Questions? Email Us!

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Today at the Cabin : It's a beautiful day. The sun is warm and although there's a chill to the air, it's still beautiful. The apples are falling from the trees and soon it will be time to turn those yummy red/yellow and green orbs into sauce!

      This week the sale page features all of our DVDs! All of our $12.00 and under DVDs are marked down to $5.00.

      Be sure to check it out on our Sale Page

      Go HERE for all of our sale items, including clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our Check It Out Pages too!

      Rings That Bind Technique DVD

      Regular Price $12.00

      Sale Price - $5.00

      Illusions Technique DVD

      Chloe Handbag Technique DVD

      Straw Wreath With Pinecones Technique DVD

      Love Letters Technique DVD

      Moondance Quilt Technique DVD

      Folk Stars Technique DVD

      Summer Tote Technique DVD

      Fractured Bargello Technique DVD

      Tie a Ribbon Awareness Bag Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Pocket Full of Posies Quilt Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Tromp, Chomp, Stomp Quilt Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Simply Charming Tablerunner Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Windmill Technique DVD

      Regular price - $24.95

      This week - $12.50 in our Sale Pages!

      DVD of the Week....

      Windmill Quilt Technique

      Unlike ordinary windmill quilts, Kaye Wood's simplified techniques put a new spin on this pattern to make this project a breeze. Beginners will find it easier by adding sashing strips. For the more adventurous, go without the sashing. This project uses Kaye's Starmaker 5 tool to ensure accuracy (sold separately).

      Technique DVD and Starmaker 5 are on sale, HERE

      A Note About Facebook....

      Our daily Facebook Deals are hotter than August in.... and due to popular request, we are putting these deals on our sale page. Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

      A Day With Kaye Wood....

      American Sewing Guild

      First Lutheran Church, Prescott, AZ 86301

      9:30 AM - November 9, 2013

      For more info go HERE

      Free Pattern Technique - Kaleidoscope

      Kaleidoscope Tablecloth or Wallhanging

      Size 38" x 38"

      Do you remember the kaleidoscopes you played with as a child? How the patterns and colors mixed and blended into something else each time you looked at it? Now you can recall them again in this quilt pattern from Kaye Wood called Kaleidoscope. With this beautiful array of patterns and colors, you can see a new design every time you look at it. Plus, the cutting and sewing of this interesting design has been simplified.. Uses the Starmaker 8 Master Template.

      Get your free pattern, HERE (pdf format)

      Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Teacher Certification....

      Click HERE for Kaye's schedule.

      This Week In History....

      August is National Eye Exam Month!
      Aug 21, 1959 - Hawaii becomes 50th state
      Aug 22, 1950 - Althea Gibson becomes first African-American on U.S. tennis tour
      Aug 23, 1902 - Fannie Farmer opens cooking school
      Aug 24, 79 - Vesuvius erupts
      Aug 25, 1835 - The Great Moon Hoax
      Aug 26, 1939 - First televised Major League baseball game
      Aug 27, 1883 - Krakatau explodes

      TuTu Quilt Pattern

      on our Check It Out Page!

      Shown here is Kaye's Q-Typs which includes:

      Stressing Accuracy and the Starmakers 2. Using Wedges in Quilts 3. The Starmaker Master Templates in Quilting The Kaye Wood Way 4. Techniques for Using the Starmaker Master Templates 5. A Different Point of View on the View & Do Shapes 6. Choosing Fabrics for your Quilts - Living on the Edge of Color 7. The Infamous Y-Seam Made Easy 8. Topless Triangles 9. Flying Geese 10. Diagonal Half Squares

      See the video HERE

      Radio Interview With Kaye....

      Prefer to pay by Paypal? Well, now you can get any of our E-Patterns and E-Books in our Craftsy Shop and pay via Paypal!

      Explore the latest edition of Quilting Arts in Stitches!

      Do you need quilting and sewing project ideas? Want to learn amazing techniques by expert quilt artists? Can't wait to see quilt art from around the world in great detail? This interactive eMag will grant those wishes and so many more. It's chock-full of creative stitching inspiration and will inspire you to create beautiful, inspiring, and unique quilt art. You'll be able to view colorful slideshows of step-by-step processes, pan-and-zoom photographs to get an up-close look at the tiniest of detail, and pause and replay videos.

      In this issue, you'll learn:

      • All about shibori and indigo dyeing
      • How to create texture from digital prints
      • How to make woodcut prints on fabric
      • The process of creating knotted cords
      • Expressive stitching by hand or machine
      • And much more!

                Dive into this incredible new volume of Quilting Arts in Stitches! It's not just an eMag; it's an unforgettable experience.

                Go HERE to get your issue of this awesome Emag!

                New Quilting Cruise To Australia!

                Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
                2014 Land Tour/Cruise to Australia and New Zealand
                January 17, 2014 - February 4, 2014

                Quilters Get out your Bucket List.
                If you always dreamed of going to Australia, this is your chance.
                And you get to go with fellow quilters. It doesn't get any better than that.

                7-Day Land Tour and 11 Night Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyageur of the Sea

                For more information about the Land Tour/Cruise, contact Carillon at Panda Travel
                602-943-3383 or 800-447-2632 email Vacations@...

                Go HERE for more info....

                Fussy Cutting Techniques....

                Go HERE for this technique

                Leland Park Quilt Pattern

                Pattern includes instructions for 3 sizes. Six Pack Series. The Six Pack Series was developed to be able to create any of the quilts in the series using only SIX fabrics.

                Delectable Quilt Pattern

                This delicious quilt derives its name from the Delectable Mountain centers featured in each block. Blend these with light and dark logs that surround this savory center to yield a bushel of enticing layout possibilities!

                We stirred ours up with vintage purples and warm chocolate browns for a soft scrumptious look, but see how many yummy combinations you can come up with.

                Show and Tell....

                My father turns 80 in April, 2012 and this is his birthday gift.

                It's made for an extra high queen size bed. I didn't want to have a bed shirt so I made a bedspread. My oldest son has a bed just like his so I used his for measurements. (My father lives 5 hours away).

                It looks really good on my son's bed. I'm glad I tried it on his bed because he is the next one in line to make one for. I'll probably put his two girls on, I don't know yet.

                Kaye's Newest Tools - X-Tenders!

                Please click HERE for the full size image.

                List Your Event....

                Have a great week, everyone!

                Terrye and Kayla

                Terrye Kinch

                Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Just send any email with Subscribe in the subject line.